The Fellowship of the Thing - Just the Plot (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Rubrum weaved through the mass of dead bodies toward the door. Yes, this was.... good. Very good indeed.

As she reached the door, she turned and shattered the silence by saying, "Thank you, Depravatione, it was a pleasure doing business with you. We will see each other again soon, I hope." 

With that, she kicked down the door with her boot, and took a step, her hooded blood-red cloak siloughetted against the mist-filled streets

Edited by Scarletfox

Akii drops of the roof, wincing as she hits the hard ground. Where should she go? away. It was the only answer. She started tapping as much speed as she could, years worth of it, and headed toward the roughs. She moved faster than the average train, jumping over entire streets of cars. It felt good to run so fast, in one straight line. 

As Akii neared the roughs she decided to run over open land, not stopping at the small towns. As her steel ran out she spotted a small town with a couple streets, shrouded in mist. "Anyone here?" She asked, realizing how stupid she'd been, she had a knife, some rolls, a rope and a blanket. How would she survive in the roughs? She needed money, badly. 

@Scarletfox

Edited by turtle

Here we go, for all of the other romantics out there.

Daolan walked to the edge of the camp and looked at the beautiful sunrise. The woman he loved, Herate, had gone missing from Wyrn's castle after a mission he had come up with. One of their spies inside the castle had reported that he had heard the alarm go off, then a figure fall out of the window but disappear before she hit the ground. Daolan could only hope it had been Herate, because no matter where that person had gone, it had to be better than being captured or killed by Wyrn. He just hoped she wasn't in trouble or hurting somewhere, and he hoped she would come back. He had asked her why she wouldn't marry him after she turned him down the third time, and she had asked why he kept asking. Neither of them had answered, just turned away. The real reason he kept asking was because he knew that she was the only one for him. If he couldn't marry her, he would keep on asking until she said yes, because life wasn't worth living without her. That was why he stood here every sunrise, hoping she would come walking in. He knew it was probably impossible, but he did it anyway. Because he loved her.

A soldier jogged up behind him, breathing heavily. "General? They're ready for you in the command tent."

Daolan nodded. "Just a minute, soldier."

"Yes?"

"Do--Do--" Daolan's head sunk. He couldn't say it.

"Missing the Lady General, sir?"

"Yes." And he could say it. Could think about the possibility. "Do you think she'll ever come back?"

"Begging your pardon, sir, but what us soldiers think is that there ain't nothing other than several deities and a very large problem that could keep her from us for long. She'll be back soon, in my opinion."

Daolan stood, hands behind his back, for a long moment. "Thank you. I think that was exactly what I needed to hear just then, soldier. The command tent, then?" He walked away, ready to face another day without her.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Daolan walked to the edge of the camp and looked at the beautiful sunrise. The woman he loved, Herate, had gone missing from Wyrn's castle after a mission he had come up with. One of their spies inside the castle had reported that he had heard the alarm go off, then a figure fall out of the window but disappear before she hit the ground. Daolan could only hope it had been Herate, because no matter where that person had gone, it had to be better than being captured or killed by Wyrn. He just hoped she wasn't in trouble or hurting somewhere, and he hoped she would come back. He had asked her why she wouldn't marry him after she turned him down the third time, and she had asked why he kept asking. Neither of them had answered, just turned away. The real reason he kept asking was because he knew that she was the only one for him. If he couldn't marry her, he would keep on asking until she said yes, because life wasn't worth living without her. That was why he stood here every sunrise, hoping she would come walking in. He knew it was probably impossible, but he did it anyway. Because he loved her.

A soldier jogged up behind him, breathing heavily. "General? They're ready for you in the command tent."

Daolan nodded. "Just a minute, soldier."

"Yes?"

"Do--Do--" Daolan's head sunk. He couldn't say it.

"Missing the Lady General, sir?"

"Yes." And he could say it. Could think about the possibility. "Do you think she'll ever come back?"

"Begging your pardon, sir, but what us soldiers think is that there ain't nothing other than several deities and a very large problem that could keep her from us for long. She'll be back soon, in my opinion."

Daolan stood, hands behind his back, for a long moment. "Thank you. I think that was exactly what I needed to hear just then, soldier. The command tent, then?" He walked away, ready to face another day without her.

*shuffles awkwardly*

5 minutes ago, turtle said:

Akii drops of the roof, wincing as she hits the hard ground. Where should she go? away. It was the only answer. She started tapping as much speed as she could, years worth of it, and headed toward the roughs. She moved faster than the average train, jumping over entire streets of cars. It felt good to run so fast, in one straight line. 

As Akii neared the roughs she decided to run over open land, not stopping at the small towns. As her steel ran out she spotted a small town with a couple streets, shrouded in mist. "Anyone here?" She asked, realizing how stupid she'd been, she had a knife, some rolls, a rope and a blanket. How would she survive in the roughs? She needed money, badly. 

@Scarletfox

Rubrum froze out of instinct when she heard a voice coming from somewhere in the street. She pulled out a card and scanned, realizing she had one left... Well, this newcomer could quite possibly fulfill the Task. Rubrum swiftly and silently ducked into the nearby alley, hiding behind some boxes, and called out in her imitation of a scared little girl. She was really good with accents. "Hello? I'm scared, is there somebody out there?"

2 minutes ago, turtle said:

"You're in the roughs." Akii said, exasperated. She started walking towards the sound.

"Where in the roughs?" She cried out.

btw, the voice sounds really young, like 6-7 type young

Edited by Scarletfox

Just now, turtle said:

"A giant desert!" She pounded her foot, earth bending herself a tower so she could see where the voice calamine from.

Rubrum smiled as she heard something happening out there, something that sounded quite... interesting. This one should be fun. "I can't find you! Where are you!" At the end of the last word there was a inhalation that indicated crying. 

I think you'll just have to follow the voice, because even higher up you won't be able to see through the mist (I think)

46 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"Not yet. If I go to Scadrial with you I'll just open it up to a greater attack. What I can do though, is try and cut them off. If we're successful in that, the Death Guard will be unable to bring their most powerful warriors and weapons. You need to get back to the Fellowship. I'll handle this."

Death Guard? What's the Death Guard?