Kaladins and leshwi’s relationship moving forward

Valigus

Eshonai was fighting a losing battle and trying to make peace, it could have worked they could have been left alone And survived. Venli didn’t free her people from slavery she just changed the slave master. Venli was a dangerous and frankly stupid ideologue she destroyed everything her people worked for, the listeners are quite frankly the most noble people on the entire series they are the good guys if anyone is, they were willing to lay down their lives to prevent odiums return. Venli got all of her people killed summoning the everstorm, returned a god of literal hatred And on top of that rendered the death of every single one of her people who died in their defense completely useless. Eshonai knew what she was doing she was sacrificing them so that the world could go on, Venli listened to a random spren to return a god her people knew was evil this is not just dangerous, it’s short sighted and stupid. Venli killed her people as surely as Eshonai did And on top of that started the destruction of the world.

9 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Taln says hello.

HI STONESINEW *waves*. 

;-)

(no, but seriously, I don't think Leshwi could ever consider a Herald "good" no matter what. I think they are all tainted in her mind. It does make me wonder, though, how much the Fused interacted with the Heralds, or if they were more like symbolic avatars of the enemy and caricatured as such? So, as a Heavenly One, she'd have fought the Windrunners under Jezrien's leadership forever and ever. But did she ever face off against Taln or any others? The way she fights it makes me wonder.)

7 minutes ago, Bliev said:

HI STONESINEW *waves*. 

;-)

(no, but seriously, I don't think Leshwi could ever consider a Herald "good" no matter what. I think they are all tainted in her mind. It does make me wonder, though, how much the Fused interacted with the Heralds, or if they were more like symbolic avatars of the enemy and caricatured as such? So, as a Heavenly One, she'd have fought the Windrunners under Jezrien's leadership forever and ever. But did she ever face off against Taln or any others? The way she fights it makes me wonder.)

She presumably fought Nale and his Skybreakers as well, since they also fly. But agreed, she might have considered all of them just bad people.

None of them realize she’s trying to protect that Windrunner, Venli thought. Maybe she doesn’t realize it herself

This weeks episode definitively went deeper to show us what Leswi really thinks of Kaladin. It's very clear that she has respect for him and doesn't want him to get killed in Pursuer's silly Vendetta. But if it comes down it, would she actually kill him or does she hope for a different outcome subdoing him like she claims in this chapter. Could it be that she could grow into seeing humans worthy of this Land and not only the invaders of old?

Since this isn't a shipping thread I won't mention that

Spoiler

I have started to ship Kalashwi as of today; though I'm not actually thinking this might be storywise plausible. Who can blame me? The enemy that starts to work in order to protect someone she respects without even realizing what she's doing??!! It's just too compelling.

1 hour ago, Shardsplinter said:

None of them realize she’s trying to protect that Windrunner, Venli thought. Maybe she doesn’t realize it herself

This weeks episode definitively went deeper to show us what Leswi really thinks of Kaladin. It's very clear that she has respect for him and doesn't want him to get killed in Pursuer's silly Vendetta. But if it comes down it, would she actually kill him or does she hope for a different outcome subdoing him like she claims in this chapter. Could it be that she could grow into seeing humans worthy of this Land and not only the invaders of old?

Since this isn't a shipping thread I won't mention that

Reveal hidden contents

I have started to ship Kalashwi as of today; though I'm not actually thinking this might be storywise plausible. Who can blame me? The enemy that starts to work in order to protect someone she respects without even realizing what she's doing??!! It's just too compelling.

Yeah it was interesting and frustrating I feel like we are getting tantalizing hints and nothing concrete 

Another thing is I think kaladin is legitimately unique in some way when it comes to his skill and other factors, seeing as how all the fused dismisses out of hand the idea that he killed lezian with no powers

at this point i feel like Brandon wants us to be invested in the ship, he Is actively encouraging it and frankly yeah the way she constantly seems to be working to protect kaladin without potentially realizing is like neon glowing ship this sign, and Brandon has to know this

Edited by Valigus

Reading this chapter, I think Leshwi genuinely does want to kill Kaladin. People who have given themselves to Odium don't think in the way we recognize as normal, as we've seen with Moash and I don't think Leshwi is any different, despite seeming so on face value. Venli states as much this chapter, that one of the best ways to earn Leshwi's respect is to kill her and I think it's going to turn out that since Leshwi respects Kaladin (and he's not on the same side as her like Moash) the best way she can think to return that respect is to personally kill him in honorable combat.

• 1 month later...

They have mutual respect for each other, bound by Honor's code. That's it. Personally, I've never shipped anyone with Kaladin because he's a character who doesn't need a partner to make progress in his arc. I used to think Shallan and he might have some potential but was happy when things turned find for them later. So yeah, Leshwi and Kaladin are more like honorable warriors fighting in different factions. 

Spoiler

Maybe Leshwi and the Heavenly Ones who have defected might come back to help Kal and co later in book 5 during Sanderlanche event but I don't see anything other than that happening...or maybe we'll get an Leshwi interlude and learn more about her friend Honorspren Riah. 

Maybe the Listeners will become the first true hybrid human-singer nation, a home for all those who don't want to keep fighting the eternal war. Maybe after book 5 Kaladin will look for a home in which to have peace and be free of the reminders of war and pick the Listeners if they would accept him. Perhaps that would encourage more humans to quit, and Leshwi and Kaladin might interact as the same thing: two warriors who have fought for too long (although Leshwi for much, much more) and who have reached the point where they just want to stop and see a sliver of their peoples living together in peace, no longer caring what happens in the war.

Although maybe with a slight preference for Honor's side, since Odium will with 95% certainty destroy the Listeners if he wins, while Honor maybe just 60% or so? Honor's side actions would depend much on how the war was won. 

I also would like to see more Fused defect in book 5, since after 7000 years, the few sane ones left must be very, very tired. And maybe the first humans to approach/join the Listeners could be simple refugees to break the ice, so it isn't soldiers themselves at first go. 

All speculation, but quite pleasant one at that :D.