1 Million Posts Celebration!!

Experience

Hi! Thanks for the tag even though I'm not very active at all on the forums. :D

1. I joined 17th Shard because I love everything Brandon has ever written (probably; at least the stuff I've read) and was really excited to find such a large and active fan group online.

2. Impact... Well, I've definitely learned a lot from all of you. Would never have put together all I know about the cosmere without reading posts here/on coppermind and without all that's shared on shardcast and Discord.

3. I've really enjoyed getting into editing the Coppermind! And being on the Discord server, even as mostly a lurker, has been really entertaining at times and has also fostered some thoughtful, insightful discussions.

Okay first of all I wanted to say I was extremely confused by the profile pics.... :P.

I honestly have no idea how I found the shard, as none of the Brandon Sanderson fans I know were on it before I knew about it...
I had been lurking on the Shard for about two years before I actually made an account, but I eventually created an account to play SE as someone had been pestering me. :P.

Um, I think that honestly the biggest impact on me has been loss of free time...spending it all on trying to...er, SE. :P.

The only really fun memory I have is  LG 69 :P.

1). I don't really remember how I found out about the shard. It was around 2 yrs ago that I found out about Brando through Mistborn. 

Ok so I read mistborn era 1, then Arcanum unbounded , then era 1.5 . 

By that time I was aware that the shard existed. But I didn't join or even browse through since I stumbled on a stormlight spoiler by accident. I do remember seeing some of the Mistborn topics and feeling woah I gotta read everything before I understand anything. 

Then once I read stormlight , Warbreaker and elantris. I finally joined. 

I guess I  was looking for ppl who loved the same stuff I did. I was hoping to find someone in my own city or better in the same section of the city but kek.

2 ). I can't really tell the positive impact by disengaging it with the memories I have had , it's been great. I met @The Traveller first. Then she introduced me to @Honorless. Those two have been very , very good friends and I love them both so much ❤️❤️❤️❤️.  Then I met @AonEne, @FictionSpren and later on , @Adonalsium'sSpren, @DramaQueen , @Emi, @The_Truthwatcher and a few others. It's been great. 

I haven't really been too invested in the shard. I play some games now and then , post some memes, read some theories and quite rarely post some. Lol. 

But I guess it has had an enormous positive influence in my life. Esp Trav and hon  have provided with much needed friendship and all.

Heck I talk more with them than with anyone else I know irl. It's really interesting to talk with them as well. They have both introduced me a lot of new stuff

So yeah , Mostly I love that it introduced me to interesting and wise and kind ppl like my bro @Honorless. I love him so much. 

My mom :P @The Traveller. I love her sooo much too  

These two have like helped me settle so much in my mind. 

And my sista @AonEne .  Who is already beloved by many and has my love too. Our few conversations helped me settle a lot of stuff in my mind. 

3). Hmm idr any great memories as such. I mean I mostly love talking with others and well that's evenly dispersed throughout my interactions with the shard. 

I guess if I were to point to one moment , heck several of honourless's funny updates were great . 

Oooooooo shipping kaladin with Jasnah. That was really unexpectedly fun. 

Finding out hon and Trav loved AoT too was awesome. 

I guess the most or equally fun moments are yet to come. I will be on here as long the Cosmere as the Cosmere has to reach it's conclusion. As such I guess I will be here for another 40 yrs atleast. Dang I will be old :v

But I will get to see 10 million posts too or maybe even 25 million posts. 

Let's see. 

To all u good ppl of the Shard. 

On 9/24/2020 at 9:24 PM, Rebecca said:

Yeeeees, oh wow, I just need to read the whole pm again lol, we had some great conversations. Thanks for making me smile Ene. :lol:

Anytime :lol: 

On 9/27/2020 at 2:16 AM, PrinceGenocide said:

And my sista @AonEne .  Who is already beloved by many and has my love too. Our few conversations helped me settle a lot of stuff in my mind. 

:wub: 

Wow, thanks for the tag!

1. I first came across 17th Shard while looking up questions about the Stormlight Archives on the internet. It was my cousin however that got me to make and account. I joined it because I wanted to have fun with other people just as weird as me especially those that can understand all the book references I make.:lol: 

2. I'm not sure what impact 17th Shard has had on me, but I do know that it's been a fun way for me to relax and have fun during stressful times.   

3. The things I enjoy most about the shard are all the activities and games as well as just interacting with people who like the Cosmere as much as I do. 

1. I first connected with the fandom on Reddit, but I found myself exhausting every post/conversation there on a daily basis... So I joined 17th Shard looking for more discussions and content. :)

2. 17th Shard was a gateway to Coppermind editing and eventually a staff role. It's safe to say that the Sanderson fandom is my primary hobby! I love spending my time investing in the community.

3. Favorite memories... Working through glyph translations in @Harakeke's threads will always be a highlight. Chapter preview season for Stormlight books is always a months-long party!

Oof that would be a long time! We can probs get if faster now tho cuz of how many of us have joined!

If we did 1% in 12 days we could do 100% in around 1200 days or like 3.5ish years (big ish but probs around then :P). With all the new members adding on in the time tho could maybe even call it like 2.5-3 years!

So if we have 100 members post everyday, how many posts would each of them have to do to get another million in a year. So 2,740 posts each day. So everyone would only need to post 28 each day. And if more people post, there wouldn't have to be as much. So, if everyone posts 30 times each day, then we will probably catch up and make it to 2 million by next october. 

Edited by Experience

2 hours ago, Experience said:

So if we have 100 members post everyday, how many posts would each of them have to do to get another million in a year. So 2,740 posts each day. So everyone would only need to post 28 each day. And if more people post, there wouldn't have to be as much. So, if everyone posts 30 times each day, then we will probably catch up and make it to 2 million by next october. 

Thirty non-spammy posts a day is a lot. Even with RoW coming out, which is almost guaranteed to increase posting rates, I don't think it will happen.

2 hours ago, Nameless said:

Thirty non-spammy posts a day is a lot. Even with RoW coming out, which is almost guaranteed to increase posting rates, I don't think it will happen.

Sadly, I agree. There are almost 25,000 accounts on the shard though, so maybe we just revive every inactive person and have them post like twice every day. :P 

I first discovered the 17th shard through the coppermind. I wanted to go on a spree and learn everything about the cosmere but a lot of pages had the disclaimer of Oathbringer spoilers. The second I finished OB (binge read it in two days and finished it at 2 am) I went into Hoid's coppermind and my mind was blown with all the amazing information.

For some weird reason I have never been a theory person, I never develop them, and don't care too much to read them (but I'll admit there are some cool ones) therefore, the first time I truly felt a part of the 17th shard was when I discovered a thread of people rewriting song lyrics to make them about the cosmere. I love music and writing so I wrote a few. Eventually some of us started a new one adapting all of the music of The Greatest Showman to the cosmere Cosmere version of "The greatest showman" @Wyndlerunner @Shard of Thought and @Singer made some amazing songs! (Singer even recorder theirs, listen to it!)

I havent posted much since, but that is my greatest memory in the 17th shard❤

Edited by Xavier Iriarte

• 2 weeks later...

The day this thread was created I was like "Oh, I should really post there, but not right now, I need to have time." 

Welp, here I am now, hating myself. But it fits, I'm always late. 

Anyway, let's see. I joined the Shard on a whim I think. I had just read Elantris, was finding out about the Cosmere, and was on a googling spree trying to find out more about it when inevitably, one result was here. I barely knew anything about Brandon and I had no idea what one was supposed to do in a forum but I decided I had to join this one. Freaking great decision. 

Impact, well, I guess the fact that it's my favorite community period. When I think about people; people I like, people I'm afraid to have offended at some point, people I want to talk to more, people I find funny or smart or easy to talk to, I think about Sharders as much as anyone from real life. I know I am really reserved and rarely get actually talkative here and may seem somewhat cold at times, but please know that it's not on purpose and that I think all of you guys are awesome and I really appreciate every conversation I've had with all of you. The Shard has become a vital part of my daily life and that obviously can only be the case because of the people you can find here. 

Now, memories here. There are quite a few. I remember the confusion during my first Ookla season (which is almost here again, I can't wait), or that time I started a mini war about Jasnah, it's amazing how you can find an interesting debate at any time here, and those instead of devolving into shorter posts that are more insult than argument, grow longer with time, until each page of the thread can be considered a novella, it's amazing. Or discovering the interesting world of RPs. I always thought RPs were simple posts were you said something and included a couple of ** to describe your actions. Then I find here that you need to know freaking prose. That was mind blowing and extremely fun (and I should really get back to it, I'm just easing my way back into the Shard after a few weeks of lurking). 

And that's it I believe. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to actually read this thread which I should have done before posting. 

Edited by Eluvianii