Mirrored Dimensions

Channelknight Fadran

7 minutes ago, Enter a username said:

"Yeah. I don't have any experience with this, so always yes."

"Alright..."

Strength: This is one of two options for melee attacks. Its uses are kinda obvious: lifting weights, climbing walls, and hitting people really hard with a hammer.

Dexterity: This is the other option for melee attacks. It determines your evasion, your swiftness, and your accuracy with ranged weaponry.

Constitution: Constitution is used to determine your health. It also has some other things, like how well you do against poison and stuff, but its main purpose is to determine your HP.

Intelligence: Intelligence is your smarts and brains. You can use it to investigate and, in some classes, cast spells.

Wisdom: Wisdom is your perception skill, primarily, as well as a spellcasting ability in some classes.

Charisma: Basically your acting ability. Charm, intimidation, persuasion; etc. It's also a spellcasting ability in some classes.

Fighters use Strength and Dexterity as their main skills, so I recommend making those your highest. Your race also grants you bonuses to certain abilities. As an elf, you get a +2 to Dexterity, and through the subrace Wood Elf, you get a +1 to Wisdom.

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Alright..."

Strength: This is one of two options for melee attacks. Its uses are kinda obvious: lifting weights, climbing walls, and hitting people really hard with a hammer.

Dexterity: This is the other option for melee attacks. It determines your evasion, your swiftness, and your accuracy with ranged weaponry.

Constitution: Constitution is used to determine your health. It also has some other things, like how well you do against poison and stuff, but its main purpose is to determine your HP.

Intelligence: Intelligence is your smarts and brains. You can use it to investigate and, in some classes, cast spells.

Wisdom: Wisdom is your perception skill, primarily, as well as a spellcasting ability in some classes.

Charisma: Basically your acting ability. Charm, intimidation, persuasion; etc. It's also a spellcasting ability in some classes.

Fighters use Strength and Dexterity as their main skills, so I recommend making those your highest. Your race also grants you bonuses to certain abilities. As an elf, you get a +2 to Dexterity, and through the subrace Wood Elf, you get a +1 to Wisdom.

"Okay. I'm going strength 17, dexterity 15 with the boost making it 17, constitution 14, intelligence 13, wisdom 12 boosted to 13, and charisma 8."

1 minute ago, Enter a username said:

"Yep! Now I need a name."

"Wait! You're not quite done yet; now you need modifiers. See, depending on the number you have for your ability score, you get a modifier, or a number you add to rolls relating to that ability. Here, uhhh..."

17: +3

14: +2

13: +1

8: -1

1 minute ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Wait! You're not quite done yet; now you need modifiers. See, depending on the number you have for your ability score, you get a modifier, or a number you add to rolls relating to that ability. Here, uhhh..."

Enter nodded and wrote the numbers down. "I do need a name, though."

Just now, Enter a username said:

"You could help me figure it out, though. Anyway, how do I fill out the rest of it?"

"Alright... well, let's start with your racial traits. You need to determine your character's alignment, which is probably chaotic something; chaotic good, most likely. In the speed box, put 30. Put Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, and Trance under Features and Traits. Write Common and Elvish under proficiencies (these are the languages you can speak), and in the section labeled Skills, fill in the bubble for Perception."

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Alright... well, let's start with your racial traits. You need to determine your character's alignment, which is probably chaotic something; chaotic good, most likely. In the speed box, put 30. Put Darkvision, Fey Ancestry, and Trance under Features and Traits. Write Common and Elvish under proficiencies (these are the languages you can speak), and in the section labeled Skills, fill in the bubble for Perception."

Enter wrote all this stuff down and nodded.

Just now, Enter a username said:

Enter wrote all this stuff down and nodded.

"Under Proficiencies, write down Longsword, Shortsword, Shortbow, and Longbow; whenever you use these weapons, you add your Proficiency Bonus, which reminds me... under the Proficiency Bonus thing, write +2. Change your speed from 30 to 35, and add Mask of the Wild to Features and Traits."

4 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Under Proficiencies, write down Longsword, Shortsword, Shortbow, and Longbow; whenever you use these weapons, you add your Proficiency Bonus, which reminds me... under the Proficiency Bonus thing, write +2. Change your speed from 30 to 35, and add Mask of the Wild to Features and Traits."

"Okay. What do you think of the name Legomor?"

1 minute ago, Enter a username said:

Enter nodded.

"Alright. First, write down your Max HP. To determine that, you add your Constitution Modifer (+2) to 10. This is your first level max HP. You're level 3, though, so you you add another 6 + your modifer each level, which is 8 for each level. That's 12 + 8 + 8 which is 28. Your HP Max is 28. From there, write down All Armor and All Weapons in Proficiencies. In the box labeled Saving Throws, fill in the bubbles for Strength and Constitution. Then, in the Skills section, choose to fill in two bubbles of the following: Acrobatics, Animal Handling, Athletics, History, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival."

18 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Alright. First, write down your Max HP. To determine that, you add your Constitution Modifer (+2) to 10. This is your first level max HP. You're level 3, though, so you you add another 6 + your modifer each level, which is 8 for each level. That's 12 + 8 + 8 which is 28. Your HP Max is 28. From there, write down All Armor and All Weapons in Proficiencies. In the box labeled Saving Throws, fill in the bubbles for Strength and Constitution. Then, in the Skills section, choose to fill in two bubbles of the following: Acrobatics, Animal Handling, Athletics, History, Insight, Intimidation, Perception, and Survival."

"Okay... I'll go Survival and Insight and isn't Perception already filled?"