Crystellation

Condensation

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

When you say magical animals, is that just heightened intelligence in normal animals, or can Amals bond with creatures that don’t exist in our world? 

xino and I talked about this, and I think he's working it out.

4 hours ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

4 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

We'd love to have you if you have time. If not, that's still fine.

13 minutes ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

No, I'll join, FYI I could be a villain, Null can attest to the fact that I really enjoy a role as a villain.

I've got Concerto(he's all planned out), but I'd love some other Amals. Maybe if you were a second or third in command that really wanted his position? We'll need another villain once we take Concerto down.

By the way, when you use your powers, your eyes glow.

30 minutes ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

Yes, I like this. *Evil cackling begins*

Should a PM be set up?

Sure! Call it something like Amal/villains Crystellation, so that we can add people.

By the way, everyone, if you have questions that you don't want others knowing about, go ahead and PM me. I'd love to have a PM with you, I'm sure!

Edited by Condensation

Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

How do I add them to the campaign?

Well, what does he/she look like? Red eyes, obviously. How light or dark are they, color of hair, clothes? I'll have Chorale notice you sitting at a table in the inn and think that you're suspicious. Why are you in town? Where would you sit in an inn, close to the fire, in a dark corner, or at the bar? Other?

Aerith, former soldier and current mercenary, sits at the bar laughing over a cup of... whatever it was. Root beer, perhaps? He did love root beer.

"You're kidding." The guy next to him said.

"Nope!" Aerith replied. "That Amal had gathered eight of its buddies and surrounded my platoon. So using nothing but a single lighter as a source of flame, we had to take them all out! That's where I got this scar... hmm, I should probably keep that one to myself, actually."

@Condensation

Valerie observed the goings-on around her with a careful, quiet eye. We should run, Dreri said, and Val stood up, beginning to push back her hood to show her fuzzy ears and bring light to her hazel eyes. No, she thought, and stopped the instinct, pulling her hood to cover them again. She couldn't let it take control now. Not now, of all times.

Some ideas for animals.

Some ideas!

Red: manipulation of fire.

Dragons, salamanders (although those technically have a real counterpart), firebirds. Animals that control fire either offensively (think spitting fire) or defensively (hiding in flames so that predators don't eat you)

Orange: super strength.

Super-predators (think giant lions, tigers, bears), tunnelers (giant moles, maybe?) and just general mega-fauna that use the power to bend the square-cube law.

Blue: telepathy

Hiveminds of insects (like ants or bees). Or fish, I suppose, given that blue is the ocean...

Purple: illusions

Birds that use this ability to be very brightly colored, small prey animals that use it to confuse predators with intangible duplicates. 

12 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Aerith, former soldier and current mercenary, sits at the bar laughing over a cup of... whatever it was. Root beer, perhaps? He did love root beer.

"You're kidding." The guy next to him said.

"Nope!" Aerith replied. "That Amal had gathered eight of its buddies and surrounded my platoon. So using nothing but a single lighter as a source of flame, we had to take them all out! That's where I got this scar... hmm, I should probably keep that one to myself, actually."

@Condensation

Chorale noticed a raucous commotion at the bar, caused by the crude stories of a soldier type. I'll have to keep an eye on that one, she thought. Those types were often more trouble than they were worth.

2 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Valerie observed the goings-on around her with a careful, quiet eye. We should run, Dreri said, and Val stood up, beginning to push back her hood to show her fuzzy ears and bring light to her hazel eyes. No, she thought, and stopped the instinct, pulling her hood to cover them again. She couldn't let it take control now. Not now, of all times.

Her eyes were caught by a furtive moment, and she looked over. It appeared there was a deer Amal in the corner. While it was less likely than if she was a predator Amal, it was still possible she was working with Concerto. That one too, she mused.

Chorale followed the Amal to the back of the inn. Suspicious, she thought. 

She startled when the man halted the Amal unexpectedly. She decided to reveal herself and stepped out of the shadows, crunching down on a crystal. "Who are you two? Tell me and nothing else needs to happen."

Oh no. This time it was Val, not Dreri, thinking this. I don't have time for this. "Just leave me alone." Dreri fought against her mental restraints, yearning to take control, and Valerie was not going to be able to hold her back if something big happened.