Crystellation

Condensation

Hello there :D

@Condensation and I were talking and she told me I could fill in for Fish as Kade. If he comes back, then I will be forced to be creative and make a character (the Almighty forbid). I just finished with my thread read-through, n’ I’m going to do some stuff tomorrow - agh - later this morning once I’ve gotten some sleep. Also,

@Blessing of Potency, @Chasmessian, @Random Bystander

@Vapor

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

Three Days Earlier

Kade lunged for the portal his prey target had stepped through, but it closed just behind him. He looked up at the sun - it was just past noon. That must be when the portal opens, thought Em. Kade sighed. I can wait. Sure you can. Kade transformed into a leopard and settled down on the ground for a short nap. 

Kade awoke to a twig snapping behind him. Before his assailant could react, he--

Kade awoke. He was chained to a wall in a cell, surrounded by metal on all sides. He tried changing into a leopard so he could slip through the chains, but they just adjusted to fit his skinnier arms and legs. He growled, changing back into human form, as an invisible door opened in the wall, and a cloaked human with long, dark brown hair stepped in to the room, holding a vicious-looking knife. "Tell me," the human said in a deep, raspy voice, "where is your base of operations?" Kade growled and tried to swipe at the man with his claws, but his chains were too short. The man smiled and held his knife to Kade's chest.

Neither Kade nor Em were familiar with torture. They'd both experienced their fair share of pain while sparring (and fighting) with Concerto and other Amal, but had never been in a situation where they were in great amounts of pain for a prolonged amount of time. Kade tried to tell himself that he wasn't giving in because of his loyalty to the Amal, but Em pointed out that the only reason he hadn't given in yet was that these people did not seem like they were the type to let Kade live after they'd gotten the information they needed. Kade didn't know how long he had been in the cell, but when an escape attempt appeared, he seized it. His captor leaned in a bit too close, and Kade grabbed him by the hair with one of his hands, then kicked him in the stomach, leaving him gasping for air. Kade then proceeded to grab the keys from the man's pocket and unlock his chains. He had no problem sneaking out of his cell, and the building he was being kept in, without being noticed. He killed one of the guards and took his wallet, as he'd need money for a healer once he found a settlement near the Forest the building was in. He was losing a substantial amount of blood, and had no supplies other than the clothes on his back. He would have used his shirt as a makeshift bandage, but his wounds were spread across a greater area than that could cover. Fortunately, Kade spotted a settlement just twenty minutes or so away from the building. He changed his features so that he'd look completely human - he usually liked to keep Em's ears, tail, and teeth when in human form - and walked in.

I'm gonna leave it here for now. This turned out... longer than I expected it to. Apologies. I think Kade's just about caught up to Chorale n' co, though, so that's good :)

Edited by Szeth_Pancakes

Kuno looked away from the Mayor's mansion, clicking his tongue. He watched as the town militia marshaled in the courtyard below, silently criticizing their slightly sloppy line-up, as well as their equipment that surely had seen better days. He couldn't wait until he saw proper soldiers again. Manpower was, and likely always would be an issue, but that was to be addressed later in the future, for he had a whole new town under his protection, and the Mayor would be more than happy to have them pull their own weight. Regardless, Kuno sighed again, the weight of his calling hitting him again. He wasn't startled to feel a hand on his shoulder, as when he looked up he saw Catorphia still relentlessly watching their surroundings, despite having her hand on him. "Thank you," he said with a smile.

Only Catorphia's left eye so much as twitched in response, but Kuno chuckled. "I have more than just you by my side, you know. Then soon it will all be over."

A slight cough that one could have easily missed if they weren't paying attention came from the traditionally garbed woman. "Of course not," Kuno replied, "there's always more to be done."

He looked back down at the men gathered for their training, watching and gauging their effectiveness. In only a day a contingent of his best would come to show these men how to properly soldier about, but until then, he would have to settle for this lot. He quickly ran through his plans for the next few weeks in his head to be sure that he had everything straight before turning to walk back towards the Inn that he had taken up residence in for the time being. His facade of a simple traveller was nearly laughable for his true calling, but often times those who were made to lead are meant to serve those they are meant to rule. That was the cost of being a leader, especially one for humanity.

When Kuno opened the door to his room in the Inn, he was raised an eyebrow at the familiar sight of a blue eyed man, sitting along in a chair in the corner of the room, sipping from a small cup. Thoughts that were clearly alien to Kuno's mind appeared, as if they were from a voice that was speaking. We have much to discuss, sir.

"So it would seem," Kuno said as he held his arms behind his back, "and I doubt you'll want the small-talk today, so let's get to the point, shall we?"

Production has stalled, we need more time.

Kuno walked towards his bed and sat on the edge, "that time is what we do not have. We must move now, and quickly. What preparations have been made?"

The targeted towns have been prepared, and the means have been planned and placed into position.

"Then what is stopping us?" The grey eyed man asked.

Materials, sir. We cannot finish the project without them.

Kuno sighed, standing from the bed and pacing the room slowly. "We do not have the luxury of time, my friend. We must prepare them as best we can, yes, but I've seen that the hottest blazes burn the brightest during the most trying times."

But that would be sending them to seemingly pointless trials and tribulations!

"No, not pointless," Kuno corrected. "Never pointless. We need this to survive, to carry on into our future. Not to fulfill some glorious destiny, mind you, but to simply continue on. At the very least we'll solve many of our production issues, at most, we'll save us all. It's just a matter of time, and we're running out of it. The due date still stands, Arminio. I won't change it now, and I don't intend to change it in the future. Project Mesial must go on."

As you wish, sir.

Kuno sighed, sitting down once more. "Now on to the boring parts, then. Where are these issues coming from, exactly?"

Arminio put aside his cup, and leaned forward as he reviewed the reports that had been filed to him, sighing. This might be a while, sir.

"Just all the more reason to further streamline our bureaucracy, Arminio. Which shall be done very soon."

If you say so, sir.

8 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

Kuno looked away from the Mayor's mansion, clicking his tongue. He watched as the town militia marshaled in the courtyard below, silently criticizing their slightly sloppy line-up, as well as their equipment that surely had seen better days. He couldn't wait until he saw proper soldiers again. Manpower was, and likely always would be an issue, but that was to be addressed later in the future, for he had a whole new town under his protection, and the Mayor would be more than happy to have them pull their own weight. Regardless, Kuno sighed again, the weight of his calling hitting him again. He wasn't startled to feel a hand on his shoulder, as when he looked up he saw Catorphia still relentlessly watching their surroundings, despite having her hand on him. "Thank you," he said with a smile.

Only Catorphia's left eye so much as twitched in response, but Kuno chuckled. "I have more than just you by my side, you know. Then soon it will all be over."

A slight cough that one could have easily missed if they weren't paying attention came from the traditionally garbed woman. "Of course not," Kuno replied, "there's always more to be done."

He looked back down at the men gathered for their training, watching and gauging their effectiveness. In only a day a contingent of his best would come to show these men how to properly soldier about, but until then, he would have to settle for this lot. He quickly ran through his plans for the next few weeks in his head to be sure that he had everything straight before turning to walk back towards the Inn that he had taken up residence in for the time being. His facade of a simple traveller was nearly laughable for his true calling, but often times those who were made to lead are meant to serve those they are meant to rule. That was the cost of being a leader, especially one for humanity.

When Kuno opened the door to his room in the Inn, he was raised an eyebrow at the familiar sight of a blue eyed man, sitting along in a chair in the corner of the room, sipping from a small cup. Thoughts that were clearly alien to Kuno's mind appeared, as if they were from a voice that was speaking. We have much to discuss, sir.

"So it would seem," Kuno said as he held his arms behind his back, "and I doubt you'll want the small-talk today, so let's get to the point, shall we?"

Production has stalled, we need more time.

Kuno walked towards his bed and sat on the edge, "that time is what we do not have. We must move now, and quickly. What preparations have been made?"

The targeted towns have been prepared, and the means have been planned and placed into position.

"Then what is stopping us?" The grey eyed man asked.

Materials, sir. We cannot finish the project without them.

Kuno sighed, standing from the bed and pacing the room slowly. "We do not have the luxury of time, my friend. We must prepare them as best we can, yes, but I've seen that the hottest blazes burn the brightest during the most trying times."

But that would be sending them to seemingly pointless trials and tribulations!

"No, not pointless," Kuno corrected. "Never pointless. We need this to survive, to carry on into our future. Not to fulfill some glorious destiny, mind you, but to simply continue on. At the very least we'll solve many of our production issues, at most, we'll save us all. It's just a matter of time, and we're running out of it. The due date still stands, Arminio. I won't change it now, and I don't intend to change it in the future. Project Mesial must go on."

As you wish, sir.

Kuno sighed, sitting down once more. "Now on to the boring parts, then. Where are these issues coming from, exactly?"

Arminio put aside his cup, and leaned forward as he reviewed the reports that had been filed to him, sighing. This might be a while, sir.

"Just all the more reason to further streamline our bureaucracy, Arminio. Which shall be done very soon."

If you say so, sir.

Thank you for posting!

@Channelknight Fadran, @Vapor, @DancingQueen, @Blessing of Potency,

Just reminding you that this thread exists!

• 2 months later...
23 hours ago, The Ward's Guard said:

That’s perfectly alright. I’d honestly forgotten about it myself. Condensation, I’d like to run some things I’d like to do with Kade by you, if that’s ok. I can’t really write another Kade segment without doing that.

@Condensation

• 1 month later...

Kade stumbled into the settlement. He saw people looking at him strangely. Why was that? Had he forgotten to hide some of his fur? He felt his vision blurring. We’re delirious from the blood loss, Em thought. We need to… need to…

Kade blacked out.

Edit: @The Ward's Guard, @Ookla the Short 

Edited by Ookla the Confused