Crystellation

Condensation

This is an idea I had for an RP. It's not fully fleshed out yet, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested.

It takes place on a world as diverse as Earth, and oddly like Earth called Crystell. They have 8 main biomes: Jungle, Desert, Tundra, Mountains, Forest, Ocean, Canyons, and Savannah. Each biome has animals like Earth's, and it also has magical versions of the same animals. More on those later.

Each biome grows two colors of crystals: Jungle-Green/Red; Desert-Yellow/Orange; Tundra-White/Blue; Mountains-White/Black; Forest-Green/Black; Ocean-Blue/Purple; Canyons-Red/Orange; and Savannah-Yellow/Purple. People and magical animals are born with a color of eyes that corresponds to a crystal, and that is the kind of crystal that they can 'burn' to give themselves powers. You 'burn' crystals by eating them(they taste rather like rock candy), but if you eat one that isn't your color, it doesn't do much.(It does have the slight possibility of making you gag it up) People and animals without magic have brown or metallic eye colors. The abilities the colors grant are: Red-manipulation of fire; Orange-super strength; Yellow-super speed; Green-Telekinesis; Blue-Telepathy; Purple-Illusions; White-manipulation of 'clean' energy(energy from natural processes, like from magical plants or the bits of natural magic in the earth, this works mostly like Prof's force field powers); Black-manipulation of 'dirty' or 'dark' energy(energy stolen from animals or plants, these people usually turn out to be evil).

Eye color is hereditary, and people tend to settle in an area that grows the right color of crystals for them. Each biome is its own country, and they are at peace. They don't have large cities, they're mostly small settlements with a main town.

Some people choose a different path. You can merge with a magical animal. This means that your eye color changes to brown and both the animal consciousness and the person's consciousness are in the mind. This process means that you can shape-shift, but with a price. The animal may be kept back, but it constantly influences you, and the magical animals are more intelligent. These Amalgamations, or Amals for short, live in the wilderness most of the time(they don't fit well with regular humans).

Recently, the Amals have begun gathering with a plan to 'take back' Crystell. The influence from the magical animals combined with the greater intelligence of the humans makes them think that they are the superior species. They have hidden cities and buildings in the wilderness, and they've started raiding settlements. I'd like control of the main villain(shh, they're planning to breed both humans and magic animals because they can't breed and just take over the world, so they're looking for 'prime specimens' of both magical animals and magical humans) but the others are open. Also, if you are combined with a predator, the only way the more intelligent magical predators could evolve to cope with being carnivores was to develop a liking for pain. Enjoy that ;).

Random things: The Ocean settlements are houseboats linked together and anchored, forming a town. In the Jungle, the crystals grow in plants; Desert ones grow just underground; Tundra grow in ice caves; Mountains grow just below the surface and in caves; Forest crystals grow under trees(just close to the roots); Ocean crystals grow attached to hard surfaces(like boats); Canyon ones grow at the base of tall spires and walls; and Savannah crystals grow just underground in grassy areas. The crystals aren't actually the color, they're translucent tinted that color. White ones don't have a tint, and black ones are tinted dark gray. The biomes each have an equal amount of space on the world, but some spots are smaller and others are bigger.

I'm thinking I'll have my first main character, Chorale, have white eyes(It's really a bit more of a silver). She lives in the Mountain settlement of Beinn, but she's been traveling(carrying white crystals), and she's in the Forest settlement of Hyashi. Traveling isn't normal on this world, so she's a bit of an oddity. One, you wouldn't have a source of your crystals; two, the animals(both magical and regular) attack people traveling alone; and third, the Amals have been taking people prisoner or killing them recently. Energy users can see energy around them, but most learn to block it out.

I'm going to make a big reveal: Concerto has figured out a way for Amal to keep their powers. This may seem like it came out of nowhere, but I've been planning it since I don't know when. Only Concerto knows this, he's been privately testing(his test subjects don't survive long). He discovered that if you bond with a magical animal that has amber eyes, then you keep the color of your eyes and therefore your power. The amber eyes are caused by a single recent mutation, and it's only happened in a few species. This is super rare! Not just anyone can have powers as an Amal, just so you know. The way that I'll keep Chorale from being too OP with both Amal enhancements and her ordinary powers is that she'll constantly be battling between good and evil. She might help Concerto for a while, but then she'll help Aerith and everyone, and other times she'll be totally paralyzed by indecision. I think her magic will also be lessened(at least for a while). No one else should have this for quite a while. It would be hard to find another amber-eyed animal, and then you'd have to already know that you need an amber-eyed animal.

Basically, it's fairly unlikely for characters you make to be anything other than green-eyed or black-eyed. They could be Amals, but they'd either be prey animals or be on the verge of cracking/enjoy pain and odd stuff like that.

Is anyone interested? Do you have any questions?

Edited by Condensation

:) Okay, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, I'll have to start tonight since I have school tomorrow. If anyone else is interested, just join in.

I'm in the central marketplace at the beginning.

Chorale has brown hair kept in a braid(hair falling out), silvery eyes, and heavily tanned skin. She wears a white fedora, a blue long-sleeved button-up shirt undone 2 or 3 buttons with its sleeves rolled to her elbows, loose black pants held up with a brown leather belt, brown leather tailored gloves, and white cowboy boots minus the spurs. Each of these is dusty from the dirt roads she traveled on to get here. She changes this outfit to suit each biome she goes into. She's got a pouch on her belt with white crystals in it, and her gun is on her right side.

Think Wild West settlement, but magical and maybe a bit more advanced. They have giant walls around the settlement, and the gates close before sundown.

Chorale looked around, her eyes hidden beneath the brim of her hat. She had to find a place she could stay the night until she could take care of the magical animal bothering this settlement. Her eyes caught on an inn, and she smiled, then walked over to study the place. She could find no fault, so she walked in, taking note of everyone in the inn. She walked up to the bar. Adding a swagger to her voice and being careful to keep her eyes hidden, she asked, "So, where could I find myself a place to stay here?" No need to draw attention to herself before she inevitably did so while solving their problem.

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

How does the black magic system work?

You draw energy out of animals and humans. It can either be magical energy, which will effectively dissolve their crystal(this goes first, then life energy), or life energy, which if you take too much too quickly will kill the person. Life energy is what keeps you alive. White energy does the same thing, but it draws it out of plants and the ground(and won't kill them).

I was actually thinking about that. It would be possible, but it would be very rare, and it would have both powers, except weaker by about half.

The innkeeper, who has green eyes, rests an elbow on the bar. "Of course, you can get a room and dinner for 15 pecunis."

"Thanks, that'll do," says Chorale, sliding the money across the bar.

"Your room is the furthest one down the hall on the left when you go up the stairs by the bar. You can get dinner when you feel like it."

Chorale nods and walks up the stairs, then into the room. She sits on the bed and stares at her hands for a bit.

Yeah! Just keep in mind that they'll be weaker. If you're going to join me here, you'll have to be from the Forest settlement that I'm in. Basically, green and black. Ooh, that'd be cool, you could be warring with dark and light.

I think maybe there could be something in town. A carnival, maybe? It is market day, so you could be a vendor from about anywhere.

Chorale had been sitting there, staring at her hands, for who knew how long. She stood up and went to get dinner, her stomach rumbling.

1 minute ago, xinoehp512 said:

Could someone bond multiple animals?

No. At least, I didn't plan for that, and I don't think so.

Also, I tried to make it pretty clear that being an Amal is rather bad. Of course, you guys are experienced with making characters that would usually be bad.

Edited by Condensation

14 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Bold of you to assume I've ever made a character that I thought "Hm this would be a good idea."

It never goes that way.

I love all of my characters, even the villains.

The main leader of the Amalgamations is Concerto, Chorale's twin. He bonded with a cheetah. 

Edited by Condensation

Just now, Invocation said:

Choral joke?

No, all of them are musical terms.

My first ones: Tion, Zola, Herate, Daolan, Hiiri, Konna, Jeremy, Fritz, I, and Connie(most of those are side characters) didn't have that, but now I have Cadenza, Harmony, Melody, Medley, Capella, Allegra, Symphony, Rhapsody, Treble, Aria, Song, Crescendo, Diminuendo, Motif, Chorale, and Concerto. I also have a list of musical names for my next characters.

Just now, Condensation said:

My first ones: Tion, Zola, Herate, Daolan, Hiiri, Konna, Jeremy, Fritz, I, and Connie(most of those are side characters) didn't have that, but now I have Cadenza, Harmony, Melody, Medley, Capella, Allegra, Symphony, Rhapsody, Treble, Aria, Song, Crescendo, Diminuendo, Motif, Chorale, and Concerto. I also have a list of musical names for my next characters.

Ah, fair enough. Neat enough scheme.

17 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Ah, fair enough. Neat enough scheme.

I won't be on until maybe 4 pm MT tomorrow, about 18 or 19 hours from now.

Chorale walked into the main room and sat down at a table in the corner. She raised a hand, and after a while, a girl came over with her dinner: venison with gravy and two thick slices of bread. She dug in, and it was delicious. When she finished, she surveyed the room.

Edited by Condensation

Tw: sexual assault

Spoiler

Name: Który Tworzy Ześmierci Ten

Chromatism(s): Forest heterochromatic (green/black)
Green: Telekinetics
Black: Manipulation of dirty energy (stolen energy from animals/plants)

Appearance: Dark, oily, left eye, pine needle green right. Wears an eyepatch to conceal the dark one, it's painted to match his green right eye. If anyone asks, it's because he lost his other eye. Pale skin, brown hair, goatee around his mouth.

Personality: Feels ashamed of his dark eye and lets it bleed over into most of his other thoughts and feelings. Doesn't help that he was the product of a rape case, so he always felt like his mother hated him both as a reminder of the incident and of the father, thanks to the dark eye inherited from him manifesting in direct contrast to her own greens. Is constantly torn between trying to leave his area and get away from it all and staying to try to get to a point where he doesn't need to hide his other eye. A fair bit of insecurities and a dose of imposter syndrome when it comes to any friendships and you've got a recipe resulting in his own reluctance to come out of his shell and his denial of part of himself. 

Edited by Invocation