How much did you like aether of night

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

How much did you like aether because I'm loving it so far it's a very good book of course compared to Brandon's normal work its not that good but compared to most novels it's pretty good

Edited by Somebody from Roshar
Had to post quickly last time
12 hours ago, Honorless said:

I liked the book and would love to see a polished version of it someday soon.

Yes so would I but I almost feel like it would have to be outside of the cosmere and just have another explanation for Mraizes "Aether" because the shards and the Aethers abilities would likely need a pretty large rework

I liked most of it (though the very end had a real vomit-worthy moment in it...)

And there's a point that definitely feels like it was a sequel stuffed into a couple chapters.

Overall though, I like the book, perhaps more than it deserves, and I hope the published version stays closer to this version than it sounds like it will end up being. 

There's a specific moment towards the end I hope both remains and gets expanded (spoilers for the end below!)

Spoiler

When the Vo-Dari betray them, they get teleported super high up, and notice all the corpses around and just go "the crap". Just feels like it could be a good "wtf" moment. 

A lot of the book was more tell-over-show (like Raeth's crazy speech abilities that really were not all that deserving of the responses he got to me), but that's probably stuff revision would improve.

Overall, I think a nice neatened up and revised version would be pretty good. 

• 6 months later...
On 9/22/2020 at 0:28 AM, Eternal Khol said:

D’naa was my favorite character 

whos your so far?

I'm only 3/4 through but, so far D'naa, is also my favorite.  I like the "country rube" being one of the smarter characters routine...also her Verdant skills seem fairly well developed compared to the others.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22.9.2020 at 7:28 AM, Eternal Khol said:

whos your so far?

Raeth. D'naa, let's face it, she is the beta version of Vivenna.

On 22.9.2020 at 7:28 AM, Eternal Khol said:

most of the characters range from dreadfully boring to extremely lacking and the plot was a little see through at times, but the Aethers themselves made the novel worth it, in my opinion.

Right.  The magic system is the strongest point.

On 22.9.2020 at 8:13 PM, Guest Somebody from Scadrial said:

Yes so would I but I almost feel like it would have to be outside of the cosmere and just have another explanation for Mraizes "Aether" because the shards and the Aethers abilities would likely need a pretty large rework

These are two seperate things. The shards are untenable. But they really don't matter all that much. You just need two entities who are in a kind of competition. Many shards could provide the background.

The aethers themselves are basically fine, what would you change about them?

• 3 months later...