1st Post/New to 17th Shard

Shardpenguin

Hello! I am new to 17th Shard and have just started watching Shardcast. My partner introduced me to Mistborn back in July of 2019, so I have only been aware of the Cosmere for a year and change. I have read all released Mistborn, Warbreaker, Elantris, Stormlight (up to date on RoW), and all of Arcanum Unbounded. Pretty much the only thing I haven't read is White Sand. I have been incredibly spoiled at being able to read the next book at any time so now that I have to actually wait.. for each book to be written.. how do y'all do it? My crazy theories only grow in the dark. 

4 minutes ago, Jo_Truthwatcher said:

Hello! I am new to 17th Shard and have just started watching Shardcast. My partner introduced me to Mistborn back in July of 2019, so I have only been aware of the Cosmere for a year and change. I have read all released Mistborn, Warbreaker, Elantris, Stormlight (up to date on RoW), and all of Arcanum Unbounded. Pretty much the only thing I haven't read is White Sand. I have been incredibly spoiled at being able to read the next book at any time so now that I have to actually wait.. for each book to be written.. how do y'all do it? My crazy theories only grow in the dark. 

Welcome! We wait patiently theorize and slowly avoid going insane. If you go in the news tab you can find preview chapters for RoW every Tuesday.

Welcome to the Shard! If you hang around for a bit you'll notice that we do not wait for the next book patiently either. As for White Sand, you can just go to Brandon's website and register for the newsletter, you'll be sent the latest newsletter also containing a link to download White Sand prose

46 minutes ago, AonEne said:

The weirdos are awesome! And Ranette is a queen. 

By the way, we usually don't double post around here; if you want to quote multiple people at once, you can use the little plus sign next to the Quote feature. :D 

Testing out this feature (sorry I am a total noob when it comes to any forum-related activity. Thank you for the info! 

5 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Welcome to the Shard! If you hang around for a bit you'll notice that we do not wait for the next book patiently either. As for White Sand, you can just go to Brandon's website and register for the newsletter, you'll be sent the latest newsletter also containing a link to download White Sand prose

Awesome! I just did this. Thank you! 

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Welcome to the Shard! Truthwatcher gang

Thank you! yay being part of one of the least understood orders!! woooo! lol

Welcome to the Shard! So awesome you decided to join us!

I would totally have to agree with you, the one good thing about arriving to a series late is that you DO have a lot of series to go! When you catch up.... man!

Lol yes as Honorless put earlier we definitely have our fair share of patient waiting dilemmas (have tried running in place while juggling and riding a monkey, have tried taming flaming lion-zebras, have even tried meditating with neon cricket-frogs but still no luck! If you find something to speed up the time let me know :P!)