1,000,000th Post

Hey all you mods out there, do you know if there’s anyway to find out who’s post will be the 1,000,000th? We’re roughly 3,000 posts away, and I’m very curious to see who will take the glory of the 1,000,000th post.

Actually, since you guys can see hidden posts, have we already reached the 1,000,000th post and everyone just doesn’t know it? 

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

42 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Actually, since you guys can see hidden posts, have we already reached the 1,000,000th post and everyone just doesn’t know it? 

I'm wondering if the forum games and random stuff forum counts towards the actual post count, because it doesn't count towards individual. 

I don't think there's a way to actually determine who specifically posts that millionth post. There are unique post IDs (that you can find very easily; they are in the URL of the share button on every post) but there are a large amount of hidden posts, so we have long past a million by that count, by about seven thousand. But, as is said earlier, hidden posts don't count for that counter on the forum index. 

50 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I don't think there's a way to actually determine who specifically posts that millionth post. There are unique post IDs (that you can find very easily; they are in the URL of the share button on every post) but there are a large amount of hidden posts, so we have long past a million by that count, by about seven thousand. But, as is said earlier, hidden posts don't count for that counter on the forum index. 

In that case, surely it's just a matter of taking the current displayed post count and subtracting it from the post ID of the most recent public post to find the total number of hidden posts, then subtracting that number from post IDs until you find the one that results in exactly one million. It'll only work for a short while -- from the moment the millionth post is posted, until the next hidden post -- but it is possible if people are diligent about it.

EDIT: I actually think you only need to catch the number of hidden posts in that interval. After that, even if more hidden posts are made, you can still use the old count to find lucky number 1,000,000.

Edited by Wonko the Sane