My heart dying in the Well of Ascension

BridgeFourRecruit

I’m a longtime reader of SA series and gone through it about 4 times now and countless other books and series0_o

BUT.. I’m just now going through MistBorn for the first time and I can’t emphasize enough how much a part of me died when El lost the vote for the kingdom.

I haven’t been that emotionally hurt from a book in a LONG time and just wanted to know if anyone else felt similarly. And definitely a place for others to share  books/moments in them, that made you die with one of the characters. 

On 9/19/2020 at 11:57 PM, BridgeFourRecruit said:

I’m a longtime reader of SA series and gone through it about 4 times now and countless other books and series0_o

BUT.. I’m just now going through MistBorn for the first time and I can’t emphasize enough how much a part of me died when El lost the vote for the kingdom.

I haven’t been that emotionally hurt from a book in a LONG time and just wanted to know if anyone else felt similarly. And definitely a place for others to share  books/moments in them, that made you die with one of the characters. 

I lost my rust when that happened. I was all but screaming, "You idiot! Don't tell them, the lives of everyone who believes in you depends on it!" (My sense of morality is quite different from Elends, as we can see)

It was an emotional hit for sure, but also a great plot twist. Congrats on reading Mistborn, btw! I read it for the first time this summer after also being a Stormlight fan, and I found all the books in the series to be delightful. But the Well of Ascension is my favorite from the first series--I love it so much. My husband is actually reading it for the first time right now also, and he just read about Koloss and was very intrigued by that. 

I can't mention most of my favorite emotional parts in WoA since I don't want to spoil anything (I'm not sure how far you are), but in general I love the "feeling" of the gang being trapped in the city and the impending doom of being surrounding by invading armies.  And I love the Zane storyline.