How do you do everyone?

The Ward's Guard

Hello everyone,

I've been a fan of Brandon Sanderson for a long time, but I normally considered myself to be more of a casual fan. That, and my brother was VERY invested into every little bit of Cosmere, so if I had a question, I could just ask him. He has since become unavailable for the next few years. It wasn't until I started rereading some books that I decided to get this account sorted out. So here I am, filled with a few questions and interested in becoming a deeper part of the community.

As a fun fact, I have met Brandon Sanderson in person, and got a picture with him at a books signing, he also answered quite a few questions and even gave a slight spoiler. I personally can't wait until I can meet him again with more questions.

Happy to have you join us! Welcome to the shard! 

That's so cool that you had someone there who you could talk about the books with in depth! And very happy you decided to come join us as well! A lot of people are here for a lack of Sanderson readers around them (or should we say a lack of non-crazy people :P) so you are in perfect company!

And that is so awesome you got to meet him! What is the most burning question you would want to ask?

On 9/19/2020 at 7:08 PM, Mist said:

Welcome! What's your favorite magic system? Would you bring it into our world? 

My personal favorite would be Warbreaker's Breath system just because of how versatile it is.

Although I would prefer to bring Allomancy into this world, because of how often I think that it could make things easier.

22 hours ago, Experience said:

Welcome to the Shard!

About what... :P

Anyway, which cosmere books have you read?

I was sworn to secrecy (Rhythm of War), this happened at the 2018 Seattle Book Signing when Sanderson was releasing Skyward.

Edited by TheWard'sGuard

In the obligatory let's-welcome-you-but-make-you-feel-bad-by-correcting-you-cuz-that'll-make-you-feel-even-more-welcome fashion it is encouraged to put everything in one post rather than a few.

You can use the plus icon next to the "quote" words to quote multiple people at once or just quote, type something, quote again, type something, etc. You get to be the friend that always texts in the 3 page essay style rather than Blurby Bobby who needs like 4 texts to get one idea out :P

Edited by Scout_Fox

23 hours ago, Scout_Fox said:

Happy to have you join us! Welcome to the shard! 

That's so cool that you had someone there who you could talk about the books with in depth! And very happy you decided to come join us as well! A lot of people are here for a lack of Sanderson readers around them (or should we say a lack of non-crazy people :P) so you are in perfect company!

And that is so awesome you got to meet him! What is the most burning question you would want to ask?

I've been looking around for WoB's to see if it, or something similar has been asked, but I do have a question in mind after reading Warbreaker.

Like @Scout_Fox said, there's a little plus option next to the quote button. If you hit this on multiple posts, a little box will pop up at the bottom of your screen. It should say something like “quote x amount of posts” if you hit that, you can quote multiple people in one posts instead of multiple, which is frowned upon. It's ok because you are still new, but it makes life easier this way. (Plus it takes less buttons) :D