Aftermath

The riots started when Taeon was found dead in a canal. The people of Kae had lost their faith in the governing body the merchants had tried to form. Merchants were dying left and right and nothing was being done about the infestation of Fjorden Sympathisers in the court! The people rose in the night to revolt and find new leadership for their city as it was recovering from the Raod.

Little did they know that new management was already on its way. Fjorden ambassadors and soldiers entered the city and quelled the crowd through force. Several Dakhor monks were in their ranks, and their foul magics rampaged through the streets, wherever they went turned quiet at their passing. The few merchants trying to make Kae a better place were made public examples the following morning, and three of the remaining merchants were rewarded heavily. It was soon very public news that the three of them and the now deceased Lafay Etteax had ben scheming for the downfall of Kae for weeks now.

The Fjorden empire now had control of former Arelon. Dominion reigns.

Vapor was Killed they were a Loyal Merchant and Socialite.

The Fjorden Sympathisers have won the game! Congratulations, and well done.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @xinoehp512 - Enjoys counting Loyal Merchant King Iadon
  2. @Gears - Kadio, the ultra-capitalist Loyal Merchant Trademaster
  3. @Mist - Tara Night, is their heart as dark as their last name? Loyal Merchant Executive Secretary
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast, . . . bone collector? Fjorden Sympathiser Trademaster
  5. @Matrim's Dice - Phialico, rhymes with calico Fjorden Sympathiser Socialite
  6. @Elkanah - Lenkai, the anithesis of the player  Dakhor Monk Spy
  7. @Illwei - Akiia, big fan of onions and probably ogres (layers joke) Loyal Merchant Actor
  8. @Kings_way - Oreo, double aon = double cool Fjorden Sympathiser Socialite
  9. @Lord_Silberfarben - a man of two words Loyal Merchant Socialite
  10. @Lotus - Sunwalker, quote: "horribly unlucky" Loyal Merchant Adjudicator
  11. @Vapor - Taeon, hates most things (lik most 30-something year olds) Loyal Merchant Socialite
  12. @Ventyl - Lafay Etteax, keeps dying and coming back to life! Fjorden Sympathiser  Burglar
  13. @Butt Ad Venture - Lawrence Lokennake, Kleptomaniac? or Charlatan? Loyal Merchant Burglar
  14. @TJ Shade - everyday working-man Loyal Merchant Kingpin
  15. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Serenken, establishment clause for the win! Loyal Merchant Actor

GM spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G53zBjttmgNQME2s5mkjvmOWKNEKPG894gCvjqKwZ8U/edit?usp=sharing

Elim doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XxZVspH_G251N4DSKbj11SiEMKwt6wLR-qreZczPaPY/edit?usp=sharing

Monk doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WphbzJt2t696gjA8y9IBXHx0OhNWwj4zF_EOHLBhfmo/edit?usp=sharing

Dead doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dGkORJvllbKYVqhv3ciVBxr4vVFL7YQb2LXHrjbxhvk/edit?usp=sharing

GM thoughts will appear sometime soon-ish.

You mean I made that elaborate plan for nothing? Dang. Should have tried to protect Vapor instead.

Ah well. I totally guessed who the Elims were at the end, me and Vapor had this crazy elaborate plan to get them lynched because we just wen't getting enough support from the rest of the village.

Still, good game! I didn't suspect mat or ash until the very end.

You know now that I'm thinking about it I've never had a game where the village won.

Edited by Lotus

Good, uh...game? 

Well, honestly I really wanted lotus to be an Elim, but I'm pretty sure I wrote down all my thoughts in the Dead doc :P.

Anyways- yeah. I was getting an Elim vibe from matrim somewhere at somepoint....but I completely forgot about it, so when he did the ending thing I was like "oh, he must have a murder contract coolio." and then I was like, wait, wait, no. 

But anyways-

Ok so I'm back.

That was probably the most fun I've had in an SE game to date, though I might be a bit biased :P @Ashbringer was a fantastic teammate, and @Ventyl was as well when he was alive. @Kings_way, glad to have you, even if you did fall to inactivity at the end there...

So Ash and I did in fact make up that alibi about Kings PMing us, as I'm sure was plenty obvious anyway :P But it was kinda fun to see if anyone would buy it. 

Believe it or not, when I random.org'd my Mist vote is was an actual random.org in which I rolled Mist, and if I had rolled Kings I would have voted Kings. I dunno if anyone doubted that I actually did that, but that rollover was very very nerve-wracking... come to think of it, most of them were...

I was the one submitting the kills, though Ash did the last one. Kings was supposed to murder a lot earlier but inactivity said oops.

@Illwei special mention to say I'm sorry sorry sorry for feigning confusion to lynch you... I felt so bad about it. Maybe it makes you feel better to know that you're not just confusing, though? Idk. Anyway, apologies for that...

@Lotus, I agree. I think I've only played 2 games where the village won, and that's since May.

Oh yeah! My first time living through a game! Yahoo!!!

There's probably some other things I'm forgetting, most of them are probably in the elim doc somewhere. Off to read the docs! Bye!

Thanks again @Kynedath and @Zillah for running this!

Edit: @Elkanah, it's a pity we can't give docs upvotes. That song deserves them :P 

Edit edit: @Mist!!!! You came up with the Iadon strategy too??? Same!!! :lol: 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Okay, some points:

• I essentially spent the game passing my teammates Trade Rights so we would be able to double our votes for, well, this kind of occasion. I was very irritated when we managed to lynch the other Trademaster first and raise my rates, but that's the economy for you.
  • We figured out @xinoehp512 was Iadon pretty much right when Mist died, and were pretty sure he was a power role (Monk/Iadon/Secretary) when Mist and Vapor moved to save him (but still we killed TJ for... some reason). But by the time we figured it out we were already playing the how-much-Deo-does-Elkanah-HAVE game so we never got to killing him.
  • @Elkanah... heh. That was a fun pocket, even if it wasn't as good as I thought. Please post so I can upvote you...
  • @Illwei... I also feel bad even though I technically never voted for you, because there was the tell again but I was... definitely blowing it a tad out of proportion. I'll PM you what it is.
  • Both me and Mat (the active Elims) were... very concerned by the fact that somehow all the Villagers and the Monk (save for Silber and Venture(?)) had PMs together while we were left out of it. I was scared to death that Xino had moved the Secretary to clear Lotus, Mist, and Vapor all at once and that you somehow hadn't realized that made us two the Elims.
  • ... did anyone use Identity Theft? At all?
  • I have now been every combination with Ventyl: first *Village*!Ash vs Elim!Ventyl where I pushed Ventyl to the lynch, then Elim!Ash vs Village!Ventyl where I did all I could to stop Ventyl from getting lynched by my teammates and failed miserably, Village!Ash vs Village!Ventyl where I ended up lynching Ventyl again, and finally both of us on an Elim team together. So now we just need to both be opposing neutral roles.
  • Also, two of our Immortal Trio (Faleast, Philco, and Sunmaker) were Elims... heh. 
  • Faleast and AraRaash have Dakhor bones now... heh heh heh. You ask for a Bone Collector? I'll show you a Bone Collector.

All in all, this was an amazing game. There were so many things that could have changed it up, from inactivity to losing both Actors and the Kingpin so soon, to nearly pulling off a WGG to stall out the Monk win, to actually managing to stab the Monk to death for once... I loved it.

One day, I will be an elim. One day, I will survive when I claim elim (which I did in another game, so huzzah!). Also @Elkanah, do you really think I'm a good player? I don't, personally. I have no faith in my abilities and think that my indecisiveness will be my downfall. The elims have won, congratulations. The monk had victory snatched from its talons, commiserations. I remain, as always, terrible at analysis and disappointed in the capabilities of those better than me. Salutations, farewell.

53 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:
  • Also, two of our Immortal Trio (Faleast, Philco, and Sunmaker) were Elims... heh.

Technically Lafay Etteax appeared in a Roshar and Mistborn game, so...

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Hey, so I sort of stopped following what was happening after I died as I was busy, sorry about that xD But congrats to the elims! Well played! I did check rollovers to see who died so I did manage to see Elkanah survive THREE times! Well done Elk!

And of course, thanks for the GMs @Kynedath and @Zillah for running the game.

Spoiler

I’m seriously considering voting on someone solo today to unlock the bodyguard ability for Mist. She deserves to make it to Day 2 this game.

Aw thanks.

Mist - Doesn’t like PMs. I may have to start this one.

I'm eh about them. Village scheming in them was fun.

Unfortunately his gambit is taking too long to pay off and we lose a really good player day one every time because of it.

… so Mist is definitely the exec sec. Interesting. Sadly, she may need to die. She’d be a good murder target. Who else would reach out to Vapor and claim on the first and second cycle… except… the exec sec could only have checked someone or started a PM. 

Ooooh right. Vapor is a sociallite. She can start two PMs and the Exec Sec can use their ability to check Xino. Of course. When she PM’ed Mist, she got a second free PM that was randomly assigned to me. Which was great! 

So Mist is Exec Sec. She checked Xino night one and found he used a neat action… or did Xino message the exec sec as well. Vapor is trying to create a PM network. She has found out that Xino is either Iadon or something else relevant. She was hoping I would be a possible pathway from the Exec Sec to Iadon since I claimed to have a contact with Iadon or the adjudicator.

Drat. I was slightly concerned I was being too obvious.

I misread the thread. Xino is actively following the game and Mist is already in contact with him.

Nope.

Mist wasn’t the most subtle about him being relatively good for the village. Of course I don’t know if I’d have taken a lot of notice if not for the PM from Vapor.

Yes! It worked! Mist is the exec sec! She checked Xino night one. Now if I could just get the elims not to attack me tonight, I could feed them all the information.

hehehehe. I'd better work on that. Well, I'd say keeping Xino alive is worth is. Now, the question is, how did I prove xino's good N1?

Also, sorry for murdering you in cold blood, Mist. You were waayy too powerful. Your village trust group would have destroyed the elim team if it had grown any bigger. Thank you for including me in it though :)

I get that, but I was still livid at the start.

I did lie the whole time about knowing the adjudicator. It was me. All along. Also, I couldn’t have protected myself this night either. I was planning on reaching out to Lotus and Vapor and seeing if they could spot me a night. Xino had to have known that you were the adjudicator. Did he ever tell anyone?

I was essentially sure.

Mist would be good but they’ve died early quite a bit lately...

Aw thanks.

Mist coming in clutch!

What the heck made her think I might be in a team with Illwei though. Like what.

And I guess she has a PM with Xino?

No, GM PM reasons. :P

Lots of quotes from docs.

Okay. Let's start at the beginning. N1, I scanned who Xino targeted. Vapor, a Socialite, created a PM with me so we could talk IRL. I saw Xino target Lotus and Elkanah, suggesting that he was King Iadon. Vapor also had a PM with Elk, so I asked her to ask Elk if Elk had a PM with Xino, because Xino was either a Socialite or Iadon. Elk responded to her in the negative. I trusted her quickly in PMs. At the end of D2, I was concerned that Xino was going to die, and without King Iadon, I was essentially a confirmed village person with no role, so I asked Vapor to help me keep him from getting voted out, including by PMing Elk. I scanned other people other nights. Eventually, she made a Vapor Mist Xino PM and a Vapor Mist Elk Lotus PM. Elk stated in the PM that he guessed that Xino and I were the Exec Sec and Iadon.

When you voted on me, Elk, I was kind of livid at first. I cooled down eventually, and it kind of hurt more that it was because you trusted me but had to vote me out than that you didn't trust me yet.

Xino, my liege. I'm sorry I kind of outed you to everyone, but I'm glad I kept you from getting voted out.

Gears, you are a better player than you think. I'm sorry. I'll keep a more open mind next time.

Mat, nice job staying unsuspicious until the later rounds.

Elk, good job, as annoying as your third faction was.

Vapor, thank you for making a PM with me so quickly. Village scheming was fun.

Kynedath, thank you. This was a really fun game to play.

Activity is nice. I love to see it, and I wish there had been more at times.

GM thoughts:

I really really liked running this game! It's the first game I've ever run, and boy was it a doozie! I'll start off with things I liked about the game, and then move into things I wasn't so happy with.

I really liked the Dakhor monk spy. I'm sure it's been done before, but I really liked the balance of it, the different implications it brought for who the monk should align themselves with, and not giving them any real way to force a win other than saving up deo. I also loved the way Elkanah played that alignment, it was chaotic and the monk doc was very very active! For anyone who hasn't read it, I strongly recommend it. (I also had a ton of fun working on that song with Elkanah. Last I checked it wasn't quite finished, but I plan on finishing it and putting it on the acropolis)

I liked the new dimension that the monks abilities added as well. I liked the way that voting alone shook up the voting dynamics a bit, and how the abilities they had were used for either protection or roleblocking, I think that made them a very tricky alignment to play.

I liked how different systems interacted, especially the item market and contract market. There are things I would change about them, but I really like the way they add another dimension to the game, it's not just a straight role game where you have one ability and you use it every turn you had options, you had to make decisions and schemes and plans.

I liked the kingpin and trademaster roles, although the only one used to the fullest extent was Ashbringer. I liked the way they influenced the markets, and the discounts made a difference, but not a game breaking one by any means.

Things I am not too keen on now!

I don't like the trade rights item. They are far too powerful for the cheap price that I set them at. Honestly the majority of the item market was too cheap with the exception of the personal messenger I believe. That whole table needs a bit of a revamp.

On the other hand, Deo took a long time to get itself off the ground, the first few turns people were saving up deo like crazy, but not really spending too much. By the end of the game people had large enough amounts of deo to buy things like murder (which might have been overpriced, but would have been a good price if the game had gone on a bit longer I think?) but they didn't do too much with that deo. Lotus had a plan for it, but the elims were already ahead of them in that regard.

Overall, I wish people had been more active and more attentive with sending in their actions. Over a third of the time throughout the entirety of the game, people didn't send in actions when they could. Especially during the later cycles, there were some cycles where less than half the remaining players submitted an action. I recognise that some players just go inactive, that is a part of running a game. But there were active players who weren't submitting actions and I don't know why.

King Iadons ability was used a total of once during the game. I think it's a really cool mechanic that can be used to make things a lot harder for the elims. In addition, actors died out quite soon as well, and I believe their full potential was unlocked in later portions of the game, especially when double actions are unlocked, so I was sad to see that they didn't make it that far into the game.

The adjudicator ability wasn't even used once, even by the dakhor monk. I realise it is a gamble to use it, you could be wasting your action, but it still has the potential to be very powerful. But if I'm being honest, I think that maybe in te next iteration of this game (if there is one) I would omit the adjudicator. It makes the game go on for a longer, and doesn't give anyone new information or advance any goals. Plus it takes away from the choice aspect of actions which I thought was a good one.

If I were to run this again, I would completely revamp the item market, and also have players start with items instead of just Deo, to make things accelerate a bit more, it was a slow start to the game.

Overall, I think this was a super fun game to watch and run, I had tons of fun, and I would love to see this idea tinkered with and maybe even rerun.

Cheers!

Ha, I was pretty excited about Mist's lynch. I was very pleased that I had finally done anything for the elims who I considered my real team... Right up until they wouldn't stop targeting me. As soon as you wouldn't give me a turn to breathe, I became the shield of the village and started spilling all my secrets. I only wrote two of the verses in the song, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'm also very glad that someone with a better mind for music helped patch it up. I can't believe I knew exactly what was going to happen and I couldn't do anything to stop it. Well played @Matrim's Dice @Ashbringer @Ventyl @Kings_way. You deserved the win. I needed to have lined up an adjudicator, but to my knowledge, I was the only one. I'll check the spreadsheet in a minute to see if that was true. And because I can't make a post for this game without insane multiquotes, I'll spoil it so I don't take up my own page.

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Hi Elkanah!

I had a fun time pretending to be the Monk to cover for you, but unfortunately AraRaash wanted your bones.

I'll have more thoughts and some RP to come, but that was... wow. That was an amazing game.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that! Everyone knew it was me, but it was soo fun doing the song and dance to keep up as if anyone was fooled XD. Thank you. After you attacked me the second time is when I realized that you were an elim, but I hoped the monk cover would keep you alive. I didn't listen to my gut suspicions on Matrim until he lynched me. Then Illwei and I had a conversation in the dead doc where we realized he had to be bad. But yeah, part of suggesting you were the monk was to keep the village from voting on you. 

I hope Lenkai's beautiful bones are everything AraRaash was hoping for. ;)

2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

But it was kinda fun to see if anyone would buy it

I may have bought it for 45 minutes

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

We figured out @xinoehp512 was Iadon pretty much right when Mist died, and were pretty sure he was a power role (Monk/Iadon/Secretary) when Mist and Vapor moved to save him (but still we killed TJ for... some reason). But by the time we figured it out we were already playing the how-much-Deo-does-Elkanah-HAVE game so we never got to killing him.

Fffwahahaha. the answer is "more than you can possibly imagine" XD. JK I ran out. Your next kill got me unless I got Lotus or Vapor to spot me protection for the next two nights. I wonder if that was a more stressful minigame for you or for me. :P

@Elkanah... heh. That was a fun pocket, even if it wasn't as good as I thought. Please post so I can upvote you...

I also enjoyed that, even if I was never able to pass you information like I had hoped.

did anyone use Identity Theft? At all?

I wanted to, but you were playing the "let's see if we can get Elk to waste all his Deo" game.

1 hour ago, Gears said:

One day, I will be an elim. One day, I will survive when I claim elim (which I did in another game, so huzzah!). Also @Elkanah, do you really think I'm a good player? I don't, personally. I have no faith in my abilities and think that my indecisiveness will be my downfall. The elims have won, congratulations. The monk had victory snatched from its talons, commiserations. I remain, as always, terrible at analysis and disappointed in the capabilities of those better than me. Salutations, farewell.

I really do. I remember having to night kill you in Elbereth's midrange with the three tier cultists because you basically outed the entire elim team on turn two. I have had a healthy fear and respect for you ever since. Your current playstyle hasn't left you alive for more than a cycle recently (although again, this may have changed), but when you live to turn two or three, you are a force to be reckoned with. You may just overthink it a bit. Just because you're tunneling, doesn't mean they aren't an eliminator.;)

Thank you all! this was an amazing game, and I think this is my favorite role I've played in literally hundreds of games of mafia. I absolutely love the duality of wanting the elims to win without being allowed to team up with them. The extra life and deo mechanic allowed the role to play to it's utmost and I can't think of a better ending (even if I had to die to get there).

Ninja'd by Kynedath, but I'll read that after I post

THANK YOU  @Kynedath and @Zillah

42 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Fffwahahaha. the answer is "more than you can possibly imagine" XD. JK I ran out. Your next kill got me unless I got Lotus or Vapor to spot me protection for the next two nights. I wonder if that was a more stressful minigame for you or for me. :P

I had figured... one of the more stressful things was figuring out how to kill you not knowing how much Deo you had. I was slapping my forehead repeatedly for not buying a roleblock, and we almost had Kings use a Murder contract on you the 2nd day. Eventually we just went for the hammer, but that was stressful in and of itself because I had no idea where the adjudicator was... and a fizzled hammer would have been... awkward.

I was actually a little suspicious of you being the adjudicator, but I thought Xino would have given it back to Lotus and let Lotus decide whether to guard you or not. I also had suspected that Xino swapped the Secretary to Lotus and was passing that role around as an extra alignment scan... which seems like it almost did happen and would have severely ruined my beautiful plans.

53 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed that! Everyone knew it was me, but it was soo fun doing the song and dance to keep up as if anyone was fooled XD. Thank you. After you attacked me the second time is when I realized that you were an elim, but I hoped the monk cover would keep you alive. I didn't listen to my gut suspicions on Matrim until he lynched me. Then Illwei and I had a conversation in the dead doc where we realized he had to be bad. But yeah, part of suggesting you were the monk was to keep the village from voting on you. 

I hope Lenkai's beautiful bones are everything AraRaash was hoping for. ;)

I was trying to spin that Elims targeting you and not me because they had to hope that you were the Monk and not me, because if it was me then they'd have to spend an extra two-three rounds killing me after finding it wasn't you, which was time they didn't have. But I couldn't figure out how to do that without ruining the impression that I was maybe the Monk.

Oh, they're everything he's ever dreamed of... I'll have some retroactive RP about it soon. Possibly guest starring Philco the Sleepless and Lafay the... quasi-immortal Willshaper.

Yay! My first Elim win, even although I was dead for half the game, this still feels good! 

@Ashbringer I look forward to being opposing neutral roles with you :P! Anyways this game was fun, though I haven’t been keeping up with it, so I’ll go read what happened to see just how glorious our victory was.

@Matrim's Dice Like I said about, I had a blast. I’m a little bummed I was lynched so early, and by RNG, but I was glad that I got to be in such a stacked Elim team! Hopefully me and you can be elims together again? 

So, I hoped I had caused enough chaos with my death to help cover for my team mates!

9 hours ago, Kynedath said:

I don't like the trade rights item. They are far too powerful for the cheap price that I set them at. Honestly the majority of the item market was too cheap with the exception of the personal messenger I believe. That whole table needs a bit of a revamp.

:ph34r: 

Faleast stared at the sunrise. Today would be a good day. He'd finally get off this rusting planet.

He wasn't entirely sure what about Sel drove him to such... extremes. It had driven him and AraRaash apart, leaving him in control during the day and the kandra ruling in the night. He had guessed it had something to do with the combating spirits of Devotion and Dominion, but it was strange how divided they were. Normally the Dor was intermixed. 

Then again, he thought, this had not been a normal week. Devotion's bastion had fallen, and Dominion had just taken the penultimate nation this side of Sel.

He looked down from his mountain perch on the city of Kae, bending his broadened frame. Red flags dotted nearly every major building now, even draped across the city of Elantris. It was burning now - the books, the Elantrians, everything within the rotting walls. Faleast had gathered what texts he could save, but he was no Keeper. The secrets would be lost with the Investiture. Wyrn had hardly even needed to use his Dahkor, but he'd been wrong assuming a single Monk could take a city. It had been the first major mistake of Fortune that they'd seen.

That's because he neglected a variable in his predictions. Me, thought AraRaash.

"Your insanity, more like," Faleast whispered.

Insanity is hiring assassins to take out the most powerful being in Kae. Productivity is getting it done.

"I seem to remember that it was my organization that got Lenkai. Not your attempt at killing his guards. You didn't even draw blood."

I didn't know about the guards. And without me, you wouldn't have the metal you needed.

Faleast nodded to that. These Dahkor... they could take a knife to the back. Even the spears he'd distributed with his market influence could barely get through the gaps in their bone armor. But once they did... the duralumin within did its work, siphoning the Connection to Fjordell that Lenkai needed to fuel his abilities. The gallows took care of the rest.

That had been a strange experience. Even as AraRaash was stalking and planning for the Monk's demise, Faleast had... liked Lenkai, even to the point of using his own abilities to dispel the fear of the Dahkor's. They both knew it couldn't possibly last, but he had hoped the facade could remain for a while. It wasn't like Faleast was in any danger - even if Wyrn arrived with fire and brimstone, seeking the supporters who'd failed him so, he could have just slunk away.

And abandoned everything.

Faleast grabbed his temples. The force of Devotion was one of the better Shards, but it meshed poorly with his own amalgamated personality. So he grabbed his haversack and turned to continue up the path - Devotion's perpendicularity was ahead.

Then he stopped, a familiar prickling feeling on his neck.

"I know you're there, Philco. I take it you're ready to get off this rock as well?"

@Matrim's Dice 

@Ventyl (if you want to say Lafay pulled an Elsecall off)

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler
On 10/16/2020 at 0:12 PM, Ashbringer said:

Faleast stared at the sunrise. Today would be a good day. He'd finally get off this rusting planet.

He wasn't entirely sure what about Sel drove him to such... extremes. It had driven him and AraRaash apart, leaving him in control during the day and the kandra ruling in the night. He had guessed it had something to do with the combating spirits of Devotion and Dominion, but it was strange how divided they were. Normally the Dor was intermixed. 

Then again, he thought, this had not been a normal week. Devotion's bastion had fallen, and Dominion had just taken the penultimate nation this side of Sel.

He looked down from his mountain perch on the city of Kae, bending his broadened frame. Red flags dotted nearly every major building now, even draped across the city of Elantris. It was burning now - the books, the Elantrians, everything within the rotting walls. Faleast had gathered what texts he could save, but he was no Keeper. The secrets would be lost with the Investiture. Wyrn had hardly even needed to use his Dahkor, but he'd been wrong assuming a single Monk could take a city. It had been the first major mistake of Fortune that they'd seen.

That's because he neglected a variable in his predictions. Me, thought AraRaash.

"Your insanity, more like," Faleast whispered.

Insanity is hiring assassins to take out the most powerful being in Kae. Productivity is getting it done.

"I seem to remember that it was my organization that got Lenkai. Not your attempt at killing his guards. You didn't even draw blood."

I didn't know about the guards. And without me, you wouldn't have the metal you needed.

Faleast nodded to that. These Dahkor... they could take a knife to the back. Even the spears he'd distributed with his market influence could barely get through the gaps in their bone armor. But once they did... the duralumin within did its work, siphoning the Connection to Fjordell that Lenkai needed to fuel his abilities. The gallows took care of the rest.

That had been a strange experience. Even as AraRaash was stalking and planning for the Monk's demise, Faleast had... liked Lenkai, even to the point of using his own abilities to dispel the fear of the Dahkor's. They both knew it couldn't possibly last, but he had hoped the facade could remain for a while. It wasn't like Faleast was in any danger - even if Wyrn arrived with fire and brimstone, seeking the supporters who'd failed him so, he could have just slunk away.

And abandoned everything.

Faleast grabbed his temples. The force of Devotion was one of the better Shards, but it meshed poorly with his own amalgamated personality. So he grabbed his haversack and turned to continue up the path - Devotion's perpendicularity was ahead.

Then he stopped, a familiar prickling feeling on his neck.

"I know you're there, Philco. I take it you're ready to get off this rock as well?"

@Matrim's Dice 

@Ventyl (if you want to say Lafay pulled an Elsecall off)

Wow, this took awhile. Shhh :ph34r: 

As he gazed out over the burning city, Philico felt an alien sense of satisfaction. He wasn’t sure where it came from; he wasn’t entirely confident how three worldhoppers had ended up as Fjordell spies in the first place. Philico didn’t feel like the satisfaction was warranted. But had frequently ended up in sides of conflicts all over the cosmere, most of the time losing. Perhaps this time it was deserved.

Faleast- or AraRaash, or whatever he was- stood farther down their vantage point on the wall. At the moment, Philico wasn’t inhabited his human form, instead letting his hordelings mingle and transverse on the ground. He lightly led one over to Faleast, climbing it up his back to rest on his neck. He had been a competent- even an enjoyable- ally in their endeavor, and deserved some form of send off before they both left this planet to wherever they would just happen to meet up again.

Without looking back, Faleast spoke. "I know you're there, Philico. I take it you're ready to get off this rock as well?"

If Philico had a face, it would have cracked a small smile. Indeed he was. Sel and Arelon had been quite the destination spot. Infiltrations were tiring, but it had been some of the most enjoyable times in his journey through the cosmere. He would miss Lenkai and the moments he had survived Philico’s attacks. In the end, it had been the political influence that had been the monk’s downfall, making the previous attempts laughable. He had allowed Faleast to take Lenkai’s bones. Philico had no use for them.

But in the end, adventure and the sense of completion called. Philico swarmed the ground, heading for the pool located by Elantris that was Devotion’s Perpendicularity. He blew right past Faleast, giving this as his reply, laughing inside his mind. Sel... well, he was done with Sel.

Behind, the city burned.

It was over.

We're locking more threads once again. Congratulations to the Fjorden Sympathisers for undermining the work of the Merchants in Arelon! It was a great first GMing experience for Kynedath. Zillah is also to be thanked for helping run the game. 

(As a side note, I also want to thank Kasimir for helping collect the links for this and several other threads that are being locked. Many from this time were missing the quicklinks sections. With his help, these threads will be much easier to reread in the future.)

As always, if anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get ahold of Wilson, Devotary of Spontaneity, Elbereth, Araris Valerian, or myself, or post in the GM Signups & Discussion ThreadNot only will we get you added to the list, but we'd also be more than willing to help out in any way we can. 

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone in our Art of Game Creation thread. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about. If you would rather keep some detail secret, or are self-conscious about posting in thread (there's really no need to be; while we do slaughter each other, we are very polite about it), then I'm sure one of our fantastic committee members (Amanuensis, STINK, Sart, Fifth Scholar, Straw, Haelbarde, and Young Bard) would be more than willing to help you out in private.

Thanks again to everyone that played, and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games! :ph34r: