3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Also @Elkanah: I can't do the thing. If the thing is what I think you think I think the thing is. Either way.

Very interesting and kind of what I expected. Thank you for continuing to try to solve the game. We'll see if I don't die in your place.

Day 5

Lenkai was meandering home after the chaotic meeting from earlier that day. Their wounds still hurt and their muscles needed the slow pace. The night was brisk, the air bit into his skin. The stars were clear, there was no moon to light the night sky. There were shadows aplenty for people to hide in.

And lo and behold, a figure stood in one of the shadowed entrances to an alley, a flowing dagger, curved like a river, concealed under a fine silk cloth. This blade had seen it's fair share of blood, and the figure was hoping to show it some more tonight. They had gotten used to the feeling of that blade in their hands, and they were becoming attached to the feeling of flesh parting with a deft stroke. Now was the time, Lenkai was weakened from the night prior, he would be an easy target. The figure darted out of their hiding spot as Lenkai passed by.

Pain spread throughout the figures side as if it had been struck by a hammer. They didn't stop to see what had caused it, they just knew that they had to get out of there before anything worse happened. Their instincts kicked in and they turned tail and ran, their feet carrying them away like wind carrying away a leaf. The dagger was still in their grasp luckily, it was a precious gift, they couldn't afford to lose it. But their gratefulness was very quickly outdone by the anger growing in their belly. Lenkai had survived another night.

Elkanah was attacked but survived! Again!

The Day will end in ~48 hours, on Friday the 9th, at 2000 MDT (0200 GMT)

Item market:

Spoiler
Item Price
Noble Insignia 24
Trade rights 24
Embargo 39
Personal Messenger 17

Contract Market:

Spoiler
Contract Price
Muder 110
Surveillance 72
Bodyguard 61
Identity theft 87

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @xinoehp512 - Enjoys counting
  2. Gears - Kadio, the ultra-capitalist Loyal Merchant Trademaster
  3. Mist - Tara Night, is their heart as dark as their last name? Loyal Merchant Executive Secretary
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast, . . . bone collector?
  5. @Matrim's Dice - Phialico, rhymes with calico
  6. @Elkanah - Lenkai, the anithesis of the player
  7. Illwei - Akiia, big fan of onions and probably ogres (layers joke) Loyal Merchant Actor
  8. @Kings_way - Oreo, double aon = double cool
  9. @Lord_Silberfarben - a man of two words
  10. @Lotus - Sunwalker, quote: "horribly unlucky"
  11. @Vapor - Taeon, hates most things (lik most 30-something year olds)
  12. Ventyl - Lafay Etteax, keeps dying and coming back to life! Fjorden Sympathiser Burglar
  13. @Butt Ad Venture - Lawrence Lokennake, Kleptomaniac? or Charlatan?
  14. TJ Shade - everyday working-man Loyal Merchant Kingpin
  15. Devotary of Spontaneity - Serenken, establishment clause for the win! Loyal Merchant Actor

Jotting down some quick thoughts:

I guess this makes Elk the Monk? Unless he somehow got enough Deo to buy two protections in a row, but I don't think that's even possible. The elims probably figured that out already as well. Which is less than ideal.

Other reads: 

Village: Lotus, Ash

Leaning village: xino

Null: Venture, Silber.

Leaning elim: Vapor, Kings

Monk: Elk

If anyone wants a reason for a placement on this list just @ me and I'll explain my thinking.

I'd rather not be lynched for a spur-of-the-moment random.org. I've already explained why that's what I did, even if it... wasn't the best thing to do in hindsight. I had no way of knowing about Vapor or Elk's votes. 

I'd be okay with either a Kings or Vapor lynch, which ever has support from the others. I'd throw a word of caution to Lotus and xino- just because you're in a PM doesn't mean you're all village. It seems like a possible way to pocket. If you have another specific reason that proves otherwise, do share. At this point, anything to help us is welcome.

I wouldn't be upset if we went with a Silber half paranoia half contribution crusade lynch, but I'd rather that route be taken later. 

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Especially if we try to ignore their reasoning.

You know, this is actually an interesting thing to think about...

The distribution as it stands right now is probably 5-3-1. The Monk's win-con is to be alive when the elims outnumber the village, so all they need to do to win is to make sure 3 villagers die. So they'd want to push the people they think are villagers, but spin it so it sounds like they think the person they're pushing is an elim...

Wow that spun out of control quickly. I sense IKYKs in that line of thinking. I don't really want to say we should ignore Elk's reasoning, as he has been #1 most trusted, but with this occurrence we should probably be wary of it. 

I dunno if analyzing Elk's read lists would be anything useful, or if it would just spiral into more IKYK's, but maybe I'll look at that tomorrow. 

All right I'll come clean. I have enough Deo to protect myself two out of the next three nights if I spend the one I don't buy a bodyguard collecting extra money. Since Ashbringer is the actual monk, I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to protect me the night I need off. So stop. please. for your sakes and mine, elims.

1 hour ago, Elkanah said:

All right I'll come clean. I have enough Deo to protect myself two out of the next three nights if I spend the one I don't buy a bodyguard collecting extra money. Since Ashbringer is the actual monk, I'm pretty sure he'd be willing to protect me the night I need off. So stop. please. for your sakes and mine, elims.

I like how you “come clean” by accusing/outing me as the Monk... :P

Not that I’m the Monk or anything. That’s definitely Elkanah.

Although I could probably cough up another thing of protection. I need more Deo for that though.

I can post more of substance tomorrow, but it’s rather late and I want to try and do a Reckoners RP post tonight. (If you like Reckoners, consider joining!)

11 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

I like how you “come clean” by accusing/outing me as the Monk... :P

Not that I’m the Monk or anything. That’s definitely Elkanah.

Although I could probably cough up another thing of protection. I need more Deo for that though.

I can post more of substance tomorrow, but it’s rather late and I want to try and do a Reckoners RP post tonight. (If you like Reckoners, consider joining!)

Yeah, do you see the cleverness there? By outing you they'll continue to think it's me. You continue to protect me and and they are foiled! 

You just have to vote for someone no one else is likely to vote for like venture.

Edit:

To keep your cover partly intact, I'll do the same by voting for Matrim

Edited by Elkanah

27 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Yeah, do you see the cleverness there? By outing you they'll continue to think it's me. You continue to protect me and and they are foiled! 

You just have to vote for someone no one else is likely to vote for like venture.

Edit:

To keep your cover partly intact, I'll do the same by voting for Matrim

I... don't see how that helps anything.

If you are 'doing the same', as in voting someone no one else will vote for, why'd you vote me? Multiple people have expressed suspicion of me during the night cycle. And I dunno their responses to my reasoning against those, because they didn't say. But I kinda expected some votes on me :P.

So I'm not sure what this is doing, Elk. And I don't know what to think about your 'exposure' of Ash, but I'm not gonna theorize out loud cause that'd only benefit the elims. Assuming they would listen to me. Which I don't know. But I'm not gonna risk. 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

I don’t like Elk. But I also don’t like Mat. I trusted Mat at the start of the game, but over time a lot of his votes have seemed more and more suspicious to me.

So... I don’t know

I'd be against an Elk lynch. He's been attacked twice.

I'd also be very against a Mat lynch. For obvious and explained reasons :P 

Also I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on Vapor/Kings, as I've already asked. I would be okay with either of them. Vapor is apparently trusted, though I'm not sure why, as she hasn't done much of anything, and Kings appears to have gone entirely inactive but was suspicious while active. I don't particularly care which but I would prefer to have some feedback before voting, as usual...

Edited by Matrim's Dice

7 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Also, Kings way isn't submitting the kills... So we lynch Vapor?

Point. Didn't think of that.

Wait, Vapor also isn't submitting kills.

...Where's the proof of this? More 'pM rEAsOnS?' :P But seriously, there's no proof of this that I can see.

Hmm ashbringer is the spy... So we lynch Lotus?

If you really want to go for someone targeted heavily by an elim who had no reason to believe they were going to die, be my guest. I'll stay out of it.

I would vote @Vapor to get things going, but since I already told myself to take everything Elk says with a grain of salt I'm not sure. *thinks* Ehhh, Vapor, at least until someone can explain to me why she is widely cleared and/or what proof we have that she isn't submitting the kills. Because I have neither of those things.

If either of those get explained in a way I can get around I'd be fine to go Kings.

Why are you voting vapor? Last round she tried to save the secretary. I see no concrete reasons to vote Vapor, unlike my thoughts on Elk or Mat. Elk voted Mist even though I know she had the same information on Mist being either king ladon or the secretary. 

18 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Why are you voting vapor? Last round she tried to save the secretary. I see no concrete reasons to vote Vapor, unlike my thoughts on Elk or Mat. Elk voted Mist even though I know she had the same information on Mist being either king ladon or the secretary. 

I'm voting Vapor because I see no concrete reason not to. Unlike you guys, I'm in no PMs. All I've seen is what Vapor's done in-thread, that being that she is active enough to pass for active, but has submitted reads lists without reads, jumped on me for a reason I view as irrational (The reason being that I voted Mist, which as I already said I am not in your PM and therefore had no reason to clear her) and people have been clearing her for reasons I can't see.

It's true she voted Kings, but if Kings is also a villager it would've been easy for Vapor to vote him out- it wouldn't sacrifice anything for her- and gain good village cred from what you had already accumulated. I said it before and I'll say it again: Just because y'all are in a PM doesn't mean you're all good. Statistically, at this point, it's probably even unlikely, but don't quote the math on me.

I want to maintain my village read on you but I cannot fathom why you think Elk is evil. I guess it is possible that Ventyl bussed you in preparation for if he died... and I still can't shake the fact you didn't say anything about Mist's role even if you did have an urgent zucchini. And if I'm being honest I don't know why you think I'm bad either.

@Ashbringer @Butt Ad Venture @Vapor @xinoehp512 @Kings_way @Lotus @Elkanah @Lord_Silberfarben Can we talk about voting anytime other than 5 minutes before rollover. Please. Chaos only favors the elims and makes it easier for them to hide.

If Vapor has a role that would clear her just... say that. Don't tell me which one, but if you know she is Iadon or the Adjudicator or something that would help me clear her you can just... say that. You saw how not talking went for Mist. If you had mentioned she had a role worth keeping I would have voted Kings. If you can stop me with actual proof please do. 

And I mean there's always the option of not having a lynch to get those unlimited PMs... but since I'm not in any I dunno if I want that.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

I'm socialite, which people have probably already figured out because of my PM stuff. My cousin is over here from California (she says hi) and I want to hang out with her, so I probably won't be able to do much until later.

I'm in the middle of Chemistry right now, but seeing as I need to protect Elkanah or roleblock someone cover for Elkanah being the Monk, I should probably vote on someone who won't get other votes. So... Lord Silberfarben it is! For now.

I'll post again in an hour or so.

3 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Point. Didn't think of that.

...Where's the proof of this? More 'pM rEAsOnS?' :P But seriously, there's no proof of this that I can see.

If you really want to go for someone targeted heavily by an elim who had no reason to believe they were going to die, be my guest. I'll stay out of it.

I would vote @Vapor to get things going, but since I already told myself to take everything Elk says with a grain of salt I'm not sure. *thinks* Ehhh, Vapor, at least until someone can explain to me why she is widely cleared and/or what proof we have that she isn't submitting the kills. Because I have neither of those things.

If either of those get explained in a way I can get around I'd be fine to go Kings.

Hilariously, yes!

Vapor has started a PM with someone every turn. So PM reasons are why she's not submitting kills XD

1 hour ago, Ashbringer said:

I'm in the middle of Chemistry right now, but seeing as I need to protect Elkanah or roleblock someone cover for Elkanah being the Monk, I should probably vote on someone who won't get other votes. So... Lord Silberfarben it is! For now.

I'll post again in an hour or so.

That's the spirit! Now they'll never know it's you XD

EDIT to speak to Matrim's frustrations

Here is the basic ebb and flow of the PM

M: hello

L: hello

E:hello I'm an arrogant smartypants because I know things

M: you know things? Also, don't kill Xino.

E: i know things like you are Iadon or exec sec and Lotus made this Pm

L: i did not make this PM

V: I made this PM. 

E: oh yeah I knew that. I was testing you.

M: don't kill xino

M: kill Kingsway

L: okay

E: maybe

Now you are caught up :)

There's another PM with Xino that I'm not in.

Edited by Elkanah

28 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Vapor has started a PM with someone every turn. So PM reasons are why she's not submitting kills XD

...But can't Socialites only create 2 PMs? That clears her for two cycles, but not completely. There's been four...

That's a good point though. I'll consider it.

I mean, if Vapor did make a PM once per cycle, whether one or two, then that does clear her of killing. Not being an Elim, necessarily, but of killing. Although if she's only made one PM a cycle that raises questions about her Socialite-ness... although only a Socialite can make 4 different PMs... but...? Something's not adding up and I can't tell if it's from me being sleep deprived or some oddity.

Anyway, I trust Vapor more than Lotus even more now. So I'd rather not lynch Vapor. Lotus would be fine, although don't count on me moving my vote... I will if needed but for now I'll stay off to the side for Elk's sake. Elkanah we need to strategize this more.

I will say, I have some guesses as to who's who in this mess, and if I can guess it with no out-of-thread information then I wouldn't be surprised if any Elims would be able to as well, whether they're in your PMs or not.