500 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Other note: @Elkanah, I may have done the same thing as you last night.

How interesting. 

Might I suggest you do it again if you can?

 

EDIT

As I see it, there are two possible teams. It's either Kings Way - Silberfarben - Matrim or Xino - Mist - Vapor. It's hard to say which is the actual team. Despite both teams' relative inactivity in the thread, Mist has cited several times PM reasons which could be evidence. That leaves the likely monk between Ashbringer and myself. There is an outside chance that it was Venture (that would explain his desire to vote more this game), but I don't think it is. Since I am not the monk I think we have about figured out the game. Mist   

@Zillah@kynedath

Edited by Elkanah
I thought someone would post
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well. This is certainly interesting. I have a lot of power here.

I could vote Mist. Ash made a decent argument, and Mist was Null for me. King made his own defense in a way I could accept. In addition, Mist read Vapor as village before pointing out that she was sus, and giving a random D1 analysis with random posts instead of answering Ash's question. That road makes the most sense to me, logically. This would create a tie, which would be... interesting. Depending on what happens, I would look... things. If King died and was elim, I'd look bad for my decisions. If Mist died and flipped village, it probably would be something similar.

I could vote Kings. I've had a gut elim on him for awhile, one that's been slowly burning, and he hasn't really done... anything. He hasn't been on the Shard for over 36 hours. This road makes the most sense to me, gut wise. It would guarantee his lynch, which if he flipped village would probably make me look bad. 

Voting alone would be pointless. And I don't know who it'd be on anyway.

I have no idea what to do. Zero. None.

And so I leave this to random.org.

1 to 100. Even number I vote Mist. Odd number I vote Kings.

*Rolls virtual dice* Okay, the random chance gods have chosen... 6. That means Mist

Ash, don't fail your reasoning now. People, don't jump on me for this :P 

Chaos is fun. Huh. We'll see how this goes. If anything, I've created something to talk about later.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kings-Way. I'll explain during the night.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cycle is closed! Night cycle will be up shortly.

(Got in by the skin of your teeth Vapor.)

Edited by Kynedath
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Night 4

 

The court room was silent for a long time, whispers barely audible as the merchants gathered stared each other down. There was tension hanging in the air, nearly visible. Lenkai's attempted murder had everybody in the city on edge. He sat in the audience, nursing his wounds as he whispered along with the rest.

Little was accomplished during that day, not until very near dusk. Faleast was the first to throw an accusation.

"It is beyond reason that Tara Night would have known that Lafay was a Fjorden Sympathiser! They want our trust, so they betrayed their ally to get in our good graces! That cannot be allowed to happen!"

Tara Night looked at Faleast, unphased by the accusation. Her response was clear and audible to the whole room. "I would bet my ledgers that Oreo is the imposter we are searching for. The rest of us have all given me reason to trust them, and small as they may be, they are reasons nonetheless."

The members of court searched the room for Oreo, but they were nowhere to be found, and couldn't give any defense. The court began to split in two, and the battle formed definitive sides. Two warring parties formed for the debate, some backing Faleast in their accusation of Tara, others suspicious of Oreo and their absence. The courtroom was split, and there was no definitive winner of this battle.

There is no particular reason Tara was hanged over Oreo, at least not a visible one. Perhaps there were some invisible forces that were warring alongside the members of this fledgeling court. Or perhaps this was fate and simply meant to be. Perhaps chance was simply not on Taras side. Whatever the reason, the carpenter who built the gallows was proud that his work was still holding true.


Mist was lynched! They were a Loyal Merchant and the Executive Secretary.

Vote Count:

Mist (3): Ashbringer, Elkanah, Matrim's Dice

Kings_Way (3): Mist, Lotus, Vapor

 

The night cycle will end in ~24 hours, on Wednesday the 7th, at 2000 MDT (0200 GMT)

Item Market:

Spoiler
Item Price
Noble Insignia 24
Trade rights 24
Embargo 39
Personal Messenger 17

Contract Market:

Spoiler
Contract Price
Muder 110
Surveillance 72
Bodyguard 61
Identity theft 87

 

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @xinoehp512 - Enjoys counting
  2. Gears - Kadio, the ultra-capitalist Loyal Merchant Trademaster
  3. Mist - Tara Night, is their heart as dark as their last name? Loyal Merchant Executive Secretary
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast, . . . bone collector?
  5. @Matrim's Dice - Phialico, rhymes with calico
  6. @Elkanah - Lenkai, the anithesis of the player
  7. Illwei - Akiia, big fan of onions and probably ogres (layers joke) Loyal Merchant Actor
  8. @Kings_way - Oreo, double aon = double cool
  9. @Lord_Silberfarben - a man of two words
  10. @Lotus - Sunwalker, quote: "horribly unlucky"
  11. @Vapor - Taeon, hates most things (lik most 30-something year olds)
  12. Ventyl - Lafay Etteax, keeps dying and coming back to life! Fjorden Sympathiser Burglar
  13. @Butt Ad Venture - Lawrence Lokennake, Kleptomaniac? or Charlatan?
  14. TJ Shade - everyday working-man Loyal Merchant Kingpin
  15. Devotary of Spontaneity - Serenken, establishment clause for the win! Loyal Merchant Actor

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I... just.... *sigh*

My my, how my reads have changed.

Xinoehp: Very village because of PM reasons.

Lotus: Village because of PM reasons and helpfulness.

Ashbringer: I'm pretty sure you're village for being helpful in your own way.

Elkanah: I thought I trusted you, and I would trust you if I hadn't told you that Mist was most definitely villiage and you had agreed and stated trust for us. Mild Elim.

Matrim's Dice: Slight Elim. The vote on Mist, and PM reasons. Also gut

Silber: Inactive. Null.

Kings-way: Either you or Venture is the remaining Elim, unless inactive Silber is one. Possible Elim.

Venture:                     ^                        ^                         ^                       ^

 

I voted Kings-way because I knew we didn't want Mist to die, and Any chance was better than none, even if it meant that a possible village died, because I knew Mist's role.

Edited by Vapor
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Oh. Well, that changes some things.

Alright, @Lotus, @Matrim's Dice, @Vapor. Explanations?

Quite possibly the unluckiest random.org I have ever done. You were convincing enough to prompt me to do that much, so major apologies to everyone (though Elk helped a little xD) foremost to our illustrious and deceased Secretary, Tara Night. 

@Vapor @xinoehp512, did you know of Mist's role? Was this the 'PM reasons'? If so, Vapor, why didn't you say anything about that when you voted Kings? That definitely would have made me switch over to Kings.

Though maybe you didn't have enough time. Still though :P.

I'll probably be voting @Kings_way come tomorrow. How 'bout everyone else? Though I gotta say I'm kinda lost at this point :ph34r: 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Quite possibly the unluckiest random.org I have ever done. You were convincing enough to prompt me to do that much, so major apologies to everyone (though Elk helped a little xD) foremost to our illustrious and deceased Secretary, Tara Night. 

@Vapor @xinoehp512, did you know of Mist's role? Was this the 'PM reasons'? If so, Vapor, why didn't you say anything about that when you voted Kings? That definitely would have made me switch over to Kings.

Though maybe you didn't have enough time. Still though :P.

I'll probably be voting @Kings_way come tomorrow. How 'bout everyone else? Though I gotta say I'm kinda lost at this point :ph34r: 

Yes, I didn't have time. Yes, I knew of Mist's role.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Matrim's Dice: Elim. You've attacked almost everyone village that I confirmed.

I haven't attacked anyone. I've just voted based on my 

  1. Gut feeling
  2. Reasoning of both myself and people I trust
  3. Random.org

And anyway, I don't super like the word 'confirmed'. Maybe that's because I'm in a grand total of 0 PM's. That definitely has me lost. But finding me suspicious because of 1 or 2 incorrect reads/randomness isn't gonna help anything.

(And anyway, how many 'village that I confirmed' do you have? The only instance I can think of it Mist- which I already said was a mixture of Ash, gut, and random. If you have more 'proved clears' do share them)

6 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Yes, I didn't have time. Yes, I knew of Mist's role.

*Sigh* You still could have tried, though. Maybe I wouldn't have retracted quick enough, but it would help my thoughts of you.

Edited by Matrim's Dice
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

 

I haven't attacked anyone. I've just voted based on my 

  1. Gut feeling
  2. Reasoning of both myself and people I trust
  3. Random.org

And anyway, I don't super like the word 'confirmed'. Maybe that's because I'm in a grand total of 0 PM's. That definitely has me lost. But finding me suspicious because of 1 or 2 incorrect reads/randomness isn't gonna help anything.

(And anyway, how many 'village that I confirmed' do you have? The only instance I can think of it Mist- which I already said was a mixture of Ash, gut, and random. If you have more 'proved clears' do share them)

*Sigh* You still could have tried, though. Maybe I wouldn't have retracted quick enough, but it would help my thoughts of you.

I had like 20 seconds.

Random.org isn't the best thing to use for voting.

I'm sorry, I made a mistake on that. Mist was my most strong read, and I can't think of any reason why you as a villager would vote someone confirmed so strongly and generally rated village.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Oh. Well, that changes some things.

Alright, @Lotus, @Matrim's Dice, @Vapor. Explanations

I didn’t know exactly what role Mist had but I knew she was either the secretary or king Ladon. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vapor said:

Random.org isn't the best thing to use for voting.

I realize that. But I was feeling rushed because my seminary zoom started soon, feeling like I had to vote, and feeling like I had no idea what to do.

9 minutes ago, Vapor said:

I'm sorry, I made a mistake on that. Mist was my most strong read, and I can't think of any reason why you as a villager would vote someone confirmed so strongly and generally rated village.

See, they might have been confirmed to you, but they definitely weren't for me. No one had said anything except 'PM reasons' which I just viewed as kinda weird. 

5 minutes ago, Lotus said:

I didn’t know exactly what role Mist had but I knew she was either the secretary or king Ladon. 

...Then why didn't you say anything. Surely you had enough time to. It was before my whole fiasco, and would have prevented it :P.

I don't think you're an elim for that though. Being targeted so heavily by Ventyl + switching roles is enough for me to clear you. But... still.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:
9 hours ago, Lotus said:

 

...Then why didn't you say anything. Surely you had enough time to. It was before my whole fiasco, and would have prevented it :P.

Because I didn’t want Mist to be targeted by the night kill.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Because I didn’t want Mist to be targeted by the night kill.

I mean, sure, but if she was gonna die anyway... though the timing of Elk's edit and Vapor's post (which you probably knew about already cause 'PM reasons' :P) probably made you think you were safe. So I guess I can live with that.

@Butt Ad Venture, what are your thoughts? You've not voted the past two times, and I've seen you viewing the thread before.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I mean, sure, but if she was gonna die anyway... though the timing of Elk's edit and Vapor's post (which you probably knew about already cause 'PM reasons' :P) probably made you think you were safe. So I guess I can live with that.

 

I couldn’t get on from the time I voted until half an hour after rollover, I had to go to the store to get a zucchini.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Butt Ad Venture, what are your thoughts? You've not voted the past two times, and I've seen you viewing the thread before

Well. Uh. I said that I would vote each round. But I’ve failed in that regard.

As for the sudden, last minute votes...I am reasonably certain there is at least one eliminator in there. I trust myself, Elk, certainly lotus. Maybe ash. Current Elim reads are Matrim and Silber. I kinda feel like Matrim is trying too hard to justify that their defense of Ventyl meant nothing. Plus silber is inactive.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please remember to get your actions in. There are currently 7 hours left in the night cycle, once those are up, you no longer have time to send in actions.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elims, don't target me. I'm not worth it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

As for the sudden, last minute votes...I am reasonably certain there is at least one eliminator in there. I trust myself, Elk, certainly lotus. Maybe ash. Current Elim reads are Matrim and Silber. I kinda feel like Matrim is trying too hard to justify that their defense of Ventyl meant nothing. Plus silber is inactive.

It's always been my thought that if I don't defend, I'll get lynched for it. And I typically put all I can into my defense, regardless of alignment. Anyone here can testify of that... :ph34r: If someone finds me suspicious I am going to defend all I can. So currently that's something that's been mentioned, and so it's something I defend against and make sure everyone knows the reasons for what I did. 

And I'm not sure why inactivity is an elim tell? Maybe if they slowly drift into inactivity, but Silber hasn't posted one game related thing ever this game :P. It's NAI for him, but if all else fails a contribution crusade might be a good idea.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so nobody's PM'd me anything. Not surprising because of me not liking PMs, but... this is the reason I don't like PMs... too many secrets.

I'm leaning Village on Vapor, Elim on Lotus and on Matrim.

@Vapor: did a last minute vote, but if she's telling the truth about knowing Mist's role then it was probably warranted. And it was way too late to have time for explanations on her end. But village or not, I don't like all those "PM reasons"... I have an idea for how you might clear Lotus, but it doesn't make much sense to my brain.

@Lotus: first voted on Silber, then immediately edited and changed the vote to Kings_Way following Mist's vote. That didn't seem like coordination, but attempted coordination. And I'm with Mat on you having time to mention there was a good reason not to let Mist die, even if she wasn't in terrible danger at the time. (Unless that was a very urgent zucchini...)

@Matrim's Dice: voting based on a randomizer? Really? This late? And I really doubt you would have time in between Vapor's post and Kyne shutting the thread to swap your vote. I'm not sure if I find the vote itself suspicious - if you're telling the truth about no PMs then we both had no real reason to trust Mist. But I still don't like this.

Other reads are Village still for Elk, Null for Venture and Xino, Null-lean-Elim for Silber, Elim on Kings. With the I-don't-trust-Nulls modifier as well.

 

Other notes:

I'm guessing that Mist caught Ventyl using the kill. That would explain my confusion on her votes.

So we have @xinoehp512, Vapor, and Lotus who've all "confirmed" themselves along with Mist. I want a better explanation than "PM reasons" for that.

Forgot to ask last turn: did anyone get their role swapped by the great and powerful Iadon?

Also @Elkanah: I can't do the thing. If the thing is what I think you think I think the thing is. Either way.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

@Lotus: first voted on Silber, then immediately edited and changed the vote to Kings_Way following Mist's vote. That didn't seem like coordination, but attempted coordination. And I'm with Mat on you having time to mention there was a good reason not to let Mist die, even if she wasn't in terrible danger at the time. (Unless that was a very urgent zucchini...

By the way, it was a very urgent zucchini. I had to walk to the store for it too, which is about two miles away. I had about 30 seconds to vote. And I intended to vote on Kings Way from the start, it’s just as I was typing I accidentally wrote Silber instead because I was stressed. Edited and hoped nobody would notice my mistake.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Lotus said:

By the way, it was a very urgent zucchini. I had to walk to the store for it too, which is about two miles away. I had about 30 seconds to vote. And I intended to vote on Kings Way from the start, it’s just as I was typing I accidentally wrote Silber instead because I was stressed. Edited and hoped nobody would notice my mistake.

Fair enough. I figured "buying a zucchini" wouldn't be an Elim's first choice of retroactive explanation of their inactivity... :P

But I'm still too confused by the vote and what surrounds it to change my read. Then again, it's a night turn, so that means quite little about what will happen during the day.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

So we have @xinoehp512, Vapor, and Lotus who've all "confirmed" themselves along with Mist. I want a better explanation than "PM reasons" for that.

@xinoehp512, @Vapor, you're both on the Shard right now. Anything?

Edit:... that was a double post. Oops. Sorry.

Edited by Ashbringer
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a PM with Xino and Mist used to be there, I have a PM with Elkanah and Lotus, and I have a PM created by Elkanah with him. I used to have a PM with Mist before she died, created by her. We have shared some information with each other in all of them, Mist shared her role with Xino and I in one, and we've basically been trying to earn trust in all of them. That is as much as I am willing to share.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.