Venture

So I'm going to move onto Xino, because as much as I mistrust Venture, I also don't want to die. My infamous luck with ties will see me through.

Xino's as good a target as any, as I agree with Elk about his past Elim games.

I don't really like killing off Inactives though.

I guess inactives hurt us more in this game because of the voting rules changes as the game goes on though.

Edited by Illwei

4 hours ago, TJ Shade said:

Sorry for being absent guys. I went through the threads since the last time I posted (back in D1) and I'm quoting the posts which I felt suspicious. 

@Illwei: Gears posts a lots of summary-analysis posts and has posted in the past, not sure why you would read it as elim. Bunch of elim gut reads and bad vibes. Whenever the read lists are very vague, I feel something is off because it feels like making a post to act helpful. But some leniency in suspicion because it was quite early in the game.

@Mist: Why mild suspicion on claim? He's done it previously as villager and told he'd do it every game before hand. I'd expect everyone else to read it as NAI. Again, with summarizing. He's been doing it in all his previous games, all which he's been village. Suspicion on me because I apparently told not to share suspicion, whereas I clearly said be cautious in sharing suspicion during the night cycles, and if you must, do so at the very end of the cycle. 

@Ashbringer: Feels a bit like hedging, but Ashbringer's post since then are not suspicious. 

Out of the 8 votes, Xino, Venture, Vapor, Mist, and King's Way (please tell me if I'm wrong, I might have added an extra name) voted because of Gears's elim claim, which is a very easy reason you could get away with.

After reading Illwei's posts this cycle, and before reaching Matrim's post, my thought process was exactly the same. This post perfectly tells everything I wanted to tell. 

Now since then Illwei has explained the reason of votes in previous cycles my suspicion has decreased a bit, but why explain now after bring suspected? They had the opportunity multiple times when different players expressed confusion over their vote. I'm confused over them, in my mind they've been too suspicious to be an elim. Either a villager trying to trap some elims (like Venture perhaps) or Spy. I also agree with them about Venture being suspicious which decreases my suspicion on Illwei. 

My 2 cents on the Devotary death: I feel Devotary is a very careful player, and I really do not think she would have swapped with Lotus as she knew Lotus could possibly be the target of the elim kill. 

Elim pool: Venture (Vote + Venture's post this cycle), Xinoehp (Vote), Mist(Vote + suspicion in this post), King's Way (vote + post mentioned in D1) and Lotus. Out of these, I feel strongly about Mist

A bit about Lotus as well. @Illwei, why do you think claim to be role swapped in not elim indicative? It makes perfect sense, if she's no longer an Adjudicator, we no longer have reason to lynch her, and she can give the reason that the elims no longer want to kill her as the reason for staying alive.

Think that's about it. Will try to come around the rollover time and see if the votes are close. 

Re-reading the rules as I had initially just rushed through them. We need to be very careful about an elim!Adjudicator and hence be careful about mentioning suspicion beforehand. It would be recommended not to mention any suspicion that would make it obvious to an elim Adjudicator that their fellow elim might be the target of majority of the players to lynch. We'd waste an important cycle that way. If you are afraid that you'll die, mention your suspicions at the last moment of the Night cycle. 

I recognize that the claim is NAI. It was one of three reasons I stated in that post. IMO, claiming elim doesn't help the village. It's a D1 thing. In addition, elims sometimes talk about elim numbers or distribution, and mentioning an elim Adjudicator seemed like it could possibly be something similar. 

Reads:

Village to elim.

Village

Mist: duh. GM PM.

Lotus: I feel an elim Adjudicator wouldn't have claimed in the circumstances in which they did. 

Elkanah: backing up Lotus.

Vapor: 

Xino: He hasn't been super active anywhere. 

Neutral 

Illwei: Ash mentioned seeing a possible elim tell. This is weak.

Elim

Everyone not mentioned is null, at least without relooking at the thread, and I'm currently about to run at a meet. 

Edit: finished now, will be looking through people to fill out my list.

Edit 2: Vote count for my own reference.

Lotus (1): Illwei, Ventyl

Xinoehp (3): Elkanah, Ash, Illwei

Illwei (3): Venture, Matrim, Lotus

Venture (0): Illwei

Silberfarben (0): Ashbringer

Mist (1): TJ Shade

Edit 3:

Silber is his usual silent self. 

Ash seems village. 

On 9/27/2020 at 8:55 PM, Ashbringer said:

This is permanent, right?

... you know, probably so...

Losing a Trademaster isn't the worst thing. It's not great, but that penalty is universal at least.

I thought this was interesting. 

Also, I'd love it if someone else would post. 

Edited by Mist

1 hour ago, Mist said:

Also, I'd love it if someone else would post.

I'll post:

Hey, uh, anyone wanna take their vote off of me, so I don't die?

I've been trying to write up a post, but honestly I'm too busy failing my classes

Edited by Illwei

20 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Hey, uh, anyone wanna take their vote off of me, so I don't die?

1. I'm most sus of you
2. I'm putting a vote somewhere today.
3. I'm in the mood for a tie.
4. I'm tired, and don't have the time to read the full page I missed, but I'll glance over things, maybe change this message if something strikes me.

Venture: very slight village

Ventyl: very slight village

Mat: village, or possibly team with Illwei? Probably not the second. 

Kingsway: neutral

TJ: slight elim 

So, reads. Mild suspicion on Gears for claim, Lotus vote, and summarizing but not analyzing posts. Slight village on Lotus for claim. Slight suspicion on TJ for post quoted above.

@Mist: Why mild suspicion on claim?

There were 3 reasons, listed there. 

Yeah, um, sorry, Illwei. I'd rather lynch you than Xino for PM reasons.

@xinoehp512, post please!

8 minutes ago, Mist said:

Venture: very slight village

Ventyl: very slight village

Mat: village, or possibly team with Illwei? Probably not the second. 

Kingsway: neutral

TJ: slight elim 

There were 3 reasons, listed there. 

Yeah, um, sorry, Illwei. I'd rather lynch you than Xino for PM reasons.

@xinoehp512, post please!

hi, uh, Killing me gets you nothing in regards to PMs...and Killing me in particular over Xino gets you no PM differences (especially because there are none to begin with), unless you are really wanting a Xino PM so that they can say absolutely nothing there either.

Anyone wanna save me from this reasonless reason in killing me?

so...

This feels like revenge for the past two games :P

is Rollover in 20 minutes or an hour?

Edited by Illwei

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

hi, uh, Killing me gets you nothing in regards to PMs...and Killing me in particular over Xino gets you no PM differences (especially because there are none to begin with), unless you are really wanting a Xino PM so that they can say absolutely nothing there either.

so...

This feels like revenge for the past two games :P

is Rollover in 20 minutes or an hour?

No, already established PM reasons.

An hour. I'm open to other options besides you. 

Just now, Mist said:

No, already established PM reasons.

An hour. I'm open to other options besides you. 

Well I hope you're learning a lot from your PM with Xino. 

I personally think I have one of the more better roles so I would prefer to not die.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

The others... honestly can't say.

Hm, wonder why.

I feel more strongly that Lotus is an Elim rn tbh. me finding you suspicious for suspicious reasons shouldn't be enough for you to find me suspicious

2 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Can I remind Ya'll why you guys are voting me? does someone else want to remind everyone? 

Honestly it’s because of how confusing a lot of your posts have been. You’ve been all over the place.

Also your profile picture is super suspicious. What does that top hat hide?

Just now, Lotus said:

Also your profile picture is super suspicious. What does that top hat hide?

Him:

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.7cb1be961235db1da2772194031a8d82.PNG

But you guys are right: I'm an Elim, oops you caught me.

I have just been all over the place in my posts which is such an Elim thing to do for me, being all over the place. Why play it safe as an Elim when I could be my normal self and hopefully get lynched? Exactly! no downsides. 

And speaking of "all over the place" that is exactly what I have been. So all over the place. just voting on random people for fun. Just like I always do as an Elim. what good little detectives are you. I Never gave any reasonings for my votes! that would be crazy! and the little reasonings i did give, well, they all contradicted themselves 100% and didn't make any sense! Haha! Exactly the perfect Elim strat!. that's how you found me out! 

10 minutes ago, Illwei said:

Hm, wonder why.

I feel more strongly that Lotus is an Elim rn tbh. me finding you suspicious for suspicious reasons shouldn't be enough for you to find me suspicious

...?

I don't find you suspicious for finding me suspicious... was this even directed to me? :P.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

...?

I don't find you suspicious for finding me suspicious... was this even directed to me? :P.

Lotus. it's- I- I began by saying "I feel more strongly that Lotus is an Elim rn tbh" , Implying that the following text was about lotus. 

8 minutes ago, Illwei said:

But you guys are right: I'm an Elim, oops you caught me.

I have just been all over the place in my posts which is such an Elim thing to do for me, being all over the place. Why play it safe as an Elim when I could be my normal self and hopefully get lynched? Exactly! no downsides. 

And speaking of "all over the place" that is exactly what I have been. So all over the place. just voting on random people for fun. Just like I always do as an Elim. what good little detectives are you. I Never gave any reasonings for my votes! that would be crazy! and the little reasonings i did give, well, they all contradicted themselves 100% and didn't make any sense! Haha! Exactly the perfect Elim strat!. that's how you found me out! 

I um...cannot detect if this is Sarcasm or not. If it is not, then I just have to say that I go with my gut. This is proof that that works. If it is....well I'm sorry. But complaining does not get votes taken off of you.

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

4 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I um...cannot detect if this is Sarcasm or not. If it is not, then I just have to say that I go with my gut. This is prove that that works. If it is....well I'm sorry. But complaining does not get votes taken off of you.

How would-

It's not complaning. it's giving you just as valid points against me to add to your list. I just thought I'd save you some time.

Yeah just kill me. need to focus on school anyways

I'm an actor, thought that might want people to keep me alive, but who knows if I'm a real actor or not. might even be an elim actor. who knows. never can trust people.

Edited by Illwei

Just now, Butt Ad Venture said:

I um...cannot detect if this is Sarcasm or not. If it is not, then I just have to say that I go with my gut. This is prove that that works. If it is....well I'm sorry. But complaining does not get votes taken off of you.

I viewed it as sarcasm... but I also don't think that it's AI.

Illwei, I didn't mean to turn this into an almost-argument. Sorry about that.

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Illwei, I didn't mean to turn this into an almost-argument. Sorry about that.

I'm just beyond tired of people misunderstanding me. 

I explain, and people don't understand and find that suspicious, I explain more, and people think I'm pushing a lotus lynch, I'm so done I'm not even trying to avoid saying lynch at this point.

I don't even think Xino's really an Elim rn. Im way more thinking Lotus/Ventur/who knows. Elk? he's been different, but not as different as the cultist game. he gives me more of a monk vibe. Ash comes off as village. You come off mostly village. Mint is giving me bad vibes. Lotus seems pretty village. I don't know who else is in the game. too pointless to check at this point.

Edited by Illwei

I'm willing to lynch anyone besides myself, Xino, and Vapor.

5 minutes ago, Illwei said:

I'm just beyond tired of people misunderstanding me. 

I explain, and people don't understand and find that suspicious, I explain more, and people think I'm pushing a lotus lynch, I'm so done I'm not even trying to avoid saying lynch at this point.

I believe you. Is there anyone you would rather vote out?

Illwei Venture

I'm willing to go for anyone not those three, although I think Lotus is village. This vote will go where it must to protect those three.