Reforging Arelon

Welcome to LG 70! This game is designed with the concept of the rules changing as you play the game. As the game progresses certain conditions will be met which will trigger new rules to come into play. Things may get a little confusing at times, so I will be working hard to make sure that everything is clear and new rules are announced when new turns are posted. Follow this link to find a document with the complete rules

You play as members of the merchant guild of Kae (the capital of Arelon) directly after the Reod. Since the elantrians fell, there is a very very loose ruling structure that could collapse at any time. The new laws and policies are still being put into place, and as they form the game itself will change. When certain conditions are met, rules will be added, removed, or changed.

There are those among you who think that Arelon has outstayed its welcome and that the people or Arelon would be better off integrating with Fjorden; it is the job of the loyal merchants to root them out and remove them from power - and remove them from life. The guillotines will be busy. In this volatile state of change, will the merchant guild be able to reforge Arelon into a great nation once more?

Factions:

Spoiler
  • Loyal merchants:

• You win when all the Fjorden Sympathisers are dead

• Fjorden Sympathisers:

• You win when you outnumber or tie the number of Loyal Merchants, and the Dakhor Monk Spy is dead

• You have a doc to conspire in as per normal

• You have a faction kill action as per normal

• This does take an action to use

• Dakhor Monk Spy:

• There is only one of you, and you won’t start with a role outside of Dakhor Monk Spy

• If you are alive when the Fjorden Sympathisers outnumber the Loyal Merchants, then you win instead of the Fjorden Sympathisers

• If all the Fjorden Sympathisers die, you lose

• You can survive one attack

• If you are the only player to vote on the player you are voting for, you unlock an extra secondary action that you can use to roleblock a player or protect a player other than yourself from an attack

• This extra action is available for that turn only

Actions:

Spoiler
  • Each player has one action they can use to do any of the following:

• Use a role ability

• Increase your income for this cycle by 50%

• Ex. If your income is 20 then after using this action the income you get will be 30.

• Buy something from the item market (explained more later)

• Buy something from the contract market (explained more later)

• Create a PM (only if the necessary conditions have been met, see the PMs section of the rules)

• Once 50% or more of players are dead, everyone gets an extra action, although you cannot use this additional action for the same thing as your other action

The Dakhor Monk Spy still gets their secondary action in addition to these two actions

Roles:

Spoiler
  • King Iadon

• As an action you can swap the roles (not alignments) of two players

• Once you use this ability, you cannot use it the subsequent cycle (usable every second cycle)

• There will only be one of this role

• If King Iadon is removed from the game the Executive Secretary can no longer use their ability

• If King Iadon is lynched at any point, the Item Market and the Contract Market will be closed for one cycle

• Specific to the Loyal Merchants faction.

• Adjudicator

• As an action you can target one player other than yourself. During the next day turn, that player will be immune to the lynch.

• If the Adjudicator is killed by an attack then the lynch must have 50% or greater of players voting for a lynch to occur 

• Executive Secretary

• As an action you can target a player and learn either which action they took OR who they targeted

• After the first cycle (starting when the second cycle begins) you can learn which action they took and who they targeted

• After the third cycle (starting when the fourth cycle begins) you can learn either which action they took and who they targeted OR what role they have

• After the fifth cycle (starting when the sixth cycle begins) you can learn either which action they took and who they targeted and what role they have OR what alignment they are

• After the seventh (starting when the eighth cycle begins) cycle you can learn all of those things.

• If there are tons of players these numbers might be made higher, official numbers for the game will be announced cycle 1

• If at any point King Iadon is removed from the game, you can no longer scan anyone.

• There will only be one of this role

• Specific to the Loyal Merchants faction.

• Socialite

• Once PMs are opened (see the PM section of the rules) you can have two additional PMs open and active

• You can use your action to open two PMs instead of just one.

• You can use your action to send an anonymous message to up to two players

• If there were votes on 4 separate players during any given day turn when PMs are open, Socialites can create group PMs instead of one-on-one PMs

• If there are no longer any socialites alive in the game then PMs can only be used during the day turns, not the night turns

• Actor

• As an action you may target a player, any action targeting that player will target you, and any action targeting you will target that player instead

• A scan will read who the action actually targeted, not who the player using that action targeted

• If the Actor is targeted with an action, the player who targeted them will not receive any income for that cycle

• If the Actor is targeted but they trade places with another player so that the action ends up targeting the other player, this clause is not triggered

• Trademaster

• You get a 10% discount on the Item Market

• After you buy an item you get a further 5% bonus discount, this is cumulative but caps at 35%

• Whenever a Trademaster dies the prices at the Item Market raise by 10%

• Kingpin

• You get a 10% discount on the Contract Market

• After you buy a contract you get a further 5% bonus discount, this is cumulative but caps at 35%

• Whenever a Kingpin dies the prices at the Contract Market raise by 10%

• Burglar

• As an action you can target a player and if they have any items you steal the items

• If at any time you have four or more items in your possession you permanently unlock the ability to target two people with your burglary action

Lynch Rules:

Spoiler
  • Start of Game Lynch Rules

• No vote minimum

• Kills player

• Ties result in RNG lynch

• Alterations to Lynch Rules

• State of emergency - 33% of players dead

• 2 vote minimum

• Martial Law - 67% of players dead

• Majority vote needed to lynch (as in 50% of votes must be on one person, but not 50% of all living players)

• Anarchy in Court - If an Adjudicator dies to an attack

• 50% or more of all living players must vote on a single player for the lynch to occur

PM Rules:

Spoiler
  • Start of Game PM Rules

• PMs are closed

• Alterations to PM rules

• Conference - There is a majority vote

• PMs are unlocked

• You may create a maximum of two PMs

• PMs can only be made between two players (for the exception see the Socialite role)

• Making a PM takes an action

• Tell the GM whom you would like to open a PM with and that PM will be made for you the following day turn. Please do not make your own PMs

• If a player with whom you had a PM dies then that PM does not count against your total number of PMs

• Assembly - If Conference has been unlocked and there is no lynch

• There is no limit to the number of PMs you can create for the rest of the game

• If at any point there are no socialites alive in the game PMs can only be used during the day turns, not the night turns

Currency Rules:

Spoiler
  • The currency in Arelon is the Deo, after Aon Deo meaning gold or metal

• Every cycle players will receive 20 Deo as income from their business ventures

• This income will be received at the start of the Day turn, starting Day 2

• Players must post at least one game related post throughout the cycle to get their income from that cycle.

• If there are extraneous circumstances come talk to the GM

• Every player has a chance of starting with Deo

• Deo cannot be traded between players

Item Market:

Spoiler
  • The following items are for sale:

• Noble Insignia - remove one vote from yourself

• 22 Deo

• Trade Rights - your vote counts as two votes

• 22 Deo

• Embargo - roleblock one player

• 35 Deo

• Personal Messenger - Send a message to another player (no more than 50 words) which they can respond to once

• 15 Deo

• You will send the message in your GM PM and it will be forwarded to the player through their GM PM

• If the player you message doesn’t reply within the turn you send the message or the turn subsequent, they can no longer reply at all

• Items bought from the Item Market are not used when you buy them. They are instead in your possession until you choose to use them during a later turn

• You are able to use the vote manipulation items during day turns

• Items do not take an action to use

• If you are roleblocked then you did not buy the item, you will not lose any money either

• Items can be given to other players without using an action, however the player who receives it cannot use that item that cycle

• Whenever a Trademaster Dies the prices at the Item Market will raise by 10%

• If you die with items in your possession the items are taken by authorities (essentially destroyed)

Contract Market:

Spoiler
  • The following contracts are for sale:

• Murder - Kill a player

• 100 Deo

• Surveillance - Learn a players alignment

• 65 Deo

• Mercenary Bodyguard - Protect a player of your choice, yourself included

• 55 Deo

• Identity theft - Steal the role of another player

• 79 Deo

• There will only be one contract of this kind in the game, once it has been purchased once nobody else can purchase it

• If two players try to purchase it in the same turn the first player to submit the action will receive it

• Contracts bought from the Contract Market are not like items, they do not stay with you. You buy a contract and it is carried out that same turn

• Contracts are illegal business, so if you buy a contract there is a ⅓ chance that you will be detained and be unable to vote next turn.

• Detainments will be made public, but not which contract you bought

• If you are detained the contract will still go through

• Instead of risking being detained, you can pay an additional 50% of the price of what you are buying to buy off any guards that walk by

• If you are roleblocked then you are stopped from buying anything at all, you will not lose money, you will not have a chance at getting detained, and the contract will not be carried out

• Whenever a Kingpin dies the prices at the Contract Market increase by 10%

Cycles:

Spoiler
  • 48 hour day turn

• Voting for the lynch

• You’ll get your income from last cycle at the beginning of the day turn

• 24 hour night turn

• Actions

Order of Actions:

Spoiler

Order of Action Daytime

• Embargo

• Noble Insignia / Trade Rights / Personal Messenger

• Lynch

Order of Action Nighttime

• Dakhor Monk Spy Roleblock 

• Embargo

• Actor Place Swap

• Executive Secretary Scan / Socialite Anonymous Message / Surveillance Contract / Increase income by 50% / Buy item / PM creation / Personal Messenger / Adjudicators Lynch Protection

• Burglars thievery

• Dakhor Monk Spy Protection / Mercenary bodyguard

• Murder Contract

• King Iadon’s Role Swap

• Identity Swap

• Elim Kill

Sign-ups for this game will close in about one week on Friday, September 25th, at 2000 (8:00 PM) MST (UTC-6)

I will be running this game as the GM and Zillah will be my co-GM. Elbereth will be the IM.

Player List:

Spoiler

Player list:

1. Xinoehp512 - Enjoys counting
  2. Gears - Kadio, the ultra-capitalist
  3. Mist - Tara Night, is their heart as dark as their last name?
  4. Ashbringer - Faleast, . . . bone collector?
  5. Matrim's Dice - Phialico, rhymes with calico
  6. Elkanah - Lenkai, the anithesis of the player
  7. Illwei - Akiia, big fan of onions and probably ogres (layers joke)
  8. Kings_Way - Oreo, double aon = double cool
  9. Lord Silberfarben - a man of two words
  10. Lotus - Sunwalker, quote: "horribly unlucky"
  11. Vapor - Taeon, hates most things (lik most 30-something year olds)
  12. Ventyl - Lafay Etteax, keeps dying and coming back to life!
  13. Butt Ad Venture - Lawrence Lokennake, Kleptomaniac? or Charlatan?
  14. TJ Shade - everyday working-man
  15. Devotary - Serenken, establishment clause for the win!

Spectator list:

1. Kasimir
  2. Elandera
  3. Experience

Clarifications:

Spoiler

Q: Does a roleblock block all actions

A: Yes, including any extra actions a player may have

Q: Does the adjudicator death trigger only apply if she is night killed and not if she is lynched?

A: Yes, the adjudicator death trigger only applies if they are killed with an action, not by lynch.

You can CREATE 2 PMs, but if 7 different people PM you you will be in 7 different PMs. The limit is on how many you can create, not be included in.

Q: For a conference to happen, does the "majority vote" mean at least fifty percent of players lynch a target, at least fifty percent of voters agree on a target, or a number of voters vote for one player that is more than the number of voters voting for another player? Or, does it mean the majority of players vote to open PMs?

A: At least 50% of voters (in the lynch vote) must agree on a target for conference to be invoked.

Q: Are the 'OR's in the Executive Secretary's mechanics decided at random or by choice?

A: The Executive Secretary can choose which information to find out.

Quick Links:

Edited by Elandera

A chance for Faleast to get Dahkor bones?

Sign me up.

Faleast will be a retired merchant from Teod, wondering what all the fuss is about while simultaneously asking very pointed questions about the Reod and Elantris.

Spoiler

What happens if you Nicroburst a Reod Elantrian? Asking for a friend. :ph34r:

Ooh another Elantris one. Gimme a second to see if this one works with Philico...

Yeah, should be good! Sign me up as Philico, a rogue Sleepless adventuring years before he gets involved with Thaylen Politics. (Actually, he currently goes by Phialico, if only to appease those who favor the aons.)

Edited by Matrim's Dice
Triple ninja :o

Cool Game! so many rules. 

To be perfectly clear:

Does the adjudicator death trigger only apply if she is night killed and not if she is lynched?

Once PMs are opened, if I target say Matrim and he targets me on the same turn to create a PM, would we now be in two separate PMs and therefore capped? I would guess we are both charged our action, but as a benevolent god, would you combine the requests so we may still talk with other people?

For a conference to happen, does the "majority vote" mean at least fifty percent of players lynch a target, at least fifty percent of voters agree on a target, or a number of voters vote for one player that is more than the number of voters voting for another player? Oor, does it mean the majority of players vote to open PMs?

I'll have more, but while your here, here are three questions

Are any of the roles faction specific?

Are the 'OR's in the Executive Secretary's mechanics decided at random or by choice?

How is the Conference started? Is it by the majority voting to start the Conference, or if the lynch had a majority of people voting on a single player?

Edit: And there's the ninja. Thanks Elk :P 

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Elkanah said:

Cool Game! so many rules. 

To be perfectly clear:

Does the adjudicator death trigger only apply if she is night killed and not if she is lynched?

Once PMs are opened, if I target say Matrim and he targets me on the same turn to create a PM, would we now be in two separate PMs and therefore capped? I would guess we are both charged our action, but as a benevolent god, would you combine the requests so we may still talk with other people?

For a conference to happen, does the "majority vote" mean at least fifty percent of players lynch a target, at least fifty percent of voters agree on a target, or a number of voters vote for one player that is more than the number of voters voting for another player? Oor, does it mean the majority of players vote to open PMs?

I'll have more, but while your here, here are three questions

Yes, the adjudicator death trigger only applies if they are killed with an action, not by lynch.

You can CREATE 2 PMs, but if 7 different people PM you you will be in 7 different PMs. The limit is on how many you can create, not be included in.

At least 50% of voters (in the lynch vote) must agree on a target for conference to be invoked.

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Are any of the roles faction specific?

Are the 'OR's in the Executive Secretary's mechanics decided at random or by choice?

How is the Conference started? Is it by the majority voting to start the Conference, or if the lynch had a majority of people voting on a single player?

King Iadon and the Executive Secretary will only be Loyal Merchants.

The Executive Secretary can choose which information to find out.

See above.

Here come the next few questions :)

Given the OOA, is it the case that I may purchase an item only to have it stolen before I have been told I am successful in purchasing it?

With the actor, It says if the action is redirected away from the actor via the actor's ability, the income is not lost. What if the action is redirected to the actor by the same means? Or is it that any action targeting the actor loses the person their income unless the actor used their ability?

Making sure I understand more than actually asking:

All actions are night actions.

Items are not actions and can be used whenever.

Contracts are spicy.

With nine different roles and only two that are unique, it is likely everyone will have some kind of role with the basic villagers being socialites.

If I add any more, I'm headed for actual strategizing and I should figure out what team I'm on before I do any of that.

1 hour ago, Kynedath said:

One more question on this. If Experience and I target each other on the same cycle, whose max does the PM count against or is it both of us?

3 hours ago, Elkanah said:

One more question on this. If Experience and I target each other on the same cycle, whose max does the PM count against or is it both of us?

4 hours ago, Kynedath said:

I think this was already answered. You each would have one created PM.

6 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Given the OOA, is it the case that I may purchase an item only to have it stolen before I have been told I am successful in purchasing it?

PAFO

6 hours ago, Elkanah said:

With the actor, It says if the action is redirected away from the actor via the actor's ability, the income is not lost. What if the action is redirected to the actor by the same means? Or is it that any action targeting the actor loses the person their income unless the actor used their ability?

If your action successfully targets an actor, you will lose your income for that cycle. 

5 hours ago, Elkanah said:

It counts against whoever sent the action request in closest to the end of the cycle.

19 hours ago, Elkanah said:

Making sure I understand more than actually asking:

All actions are night actions.

Items are not actions and can be used whenever.

Contracts are spicy.

With nine different roles and only two that are unique, it is likely everyone will have some kind of role with the basic villagers being socialites.

Yes

Yes

Yes

PAFO

19 hours ago, Frozen Mint said:

Can you guys stop coming up with fun stuff instead of posting standard elim games, I'm trying to be productive irl :(

Does this mean you're joining? We would love to have you, but we also understand that school is back in session and summer is generally over.