The Linear Thread

Condensation

Windrunner... *stern look* just keep it linear and not too out of the box. Please? That's all I ask. Of course, this is probably forward of me and I shouldn't be shoving my RP into a specific place, but I wanted it to be perfect instantly. Obviously that won't happen. Sorry, thinking on the post. Ignore me.

"A time loop?" Melody asked skeptically.

1 hour ago, A Windrunner said:

“Every year someone has a wonderful moment and wants to relive it, they accidentally create a portal which they go through and everyone but them looses their memories.”

*loses

"So you're saying that this is a memory and none of it is happening? Who is it happening to?"

15 hours ago, Condensation said:

So many animals *sound of face palm* This doesn't feel very linear.

Melody was on the verge of losing her mind. "Everyone. Get. Out. I don't want any part of whatever weird story you're concocting in your twisted minds, and it had better not happen in my garden." Her parents ran in. "What is happening here? Melody, are these your friends? We can't believe you! All of you, get out! You too, Melody. Out! Melody, you can come back when you've reconsidered your friend choices." they yelled in unison. Song, who had followed behind her parents, caught Melody's eyes and winced. Sorry. It seemed like the only way to deal with it at the time, and I didn't think they would go that far. Melody replied, We'll chat later. For now, I have to go. And she trudged out of the garden. Song winced again. She was going to regret putting that off.

Mavalin snapped his fingers, and a portal opened. “Come, everyone!” He looked to Melody. “You may join us, if you would like.

3 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

Mavalin snapped his fingers, and a portal opened. “Come, everyone!” He looked to Melody. “You may join us, if you would like.

"I suppose I may as well." Melody walks through the portal, glancing back at her parents and Song.

2 hours ago, Negative_Null said:

"I can't walk, so bye everyone! Ooh, maybe break off a stick and take it with you!"

Melody ran over, grabbed a stick, and ran back through the portal.

29 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

The portal opened into a large field. Workers tilled the ground, planting seeds and watering them. In the distance, the wall of a large city glittered in the sunlight. A palace in the center of the city towered above the rest of the buildings.

Melody stepped, wide-eyed, into the field. "Wow," she breathed.

5 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

One man stepped forward, falling to his knees in front of Melody. “Milady, have you come to liberate us?”

Melody was dumbstruck. "Me? Liberate you? I mean, it wasn't my original purpose, but sure. How, again, do I liberate you?"

Edited by Condensation

On 9/25/2020 at 9:43 AM, Condensation said:

Melody was dumbstruck. "Me? Liberate you? I mean, it wasn't my original purpose, but sure. How, again, do I liberate you?"

The man’s wife stepped forward. Both their clothes were ragged and dirty.

”We were enslaved,” the woman said. “By... a man in a suit. He has powers beyond our understanding.” Her eyes widened. “Have you come to join us instead?

6 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

The man’s wife stepped forward. Both their clothes were ragged and dirty.

”We were enslaved,” the woman said. “By... a man in a suit. He has powers beyond our understanding.” Her eyes widened. “Have you come to join us instead?

"A man in a suit? Was it, by any chance, green?" Melody asked, already fearing the answer.