The Linear Thread

Condensation

16 hours ago, Condensation said:

Sorry - Cupra's? Or Ellis's?

Ellis's.

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I give Cupra a sidways glance.

"You're boring."

A blade of dark iron runs through Cupra's chest.

Cupra gritted her teeth. This was going too far. If that girl didn't act soon...

44 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Using what? Willpower? Brute strength? Anything at all that you could possibly exceed me at?"

Cupra growled.

"Enough," she spat.

The vines holding her in place dissolved, as did the iron piercing her chest. She seemed to grow in stature in presence, her eyes turning black, her visage transforming.

Melody wondered what that might be and... what if she could hide that too? There was no time for that, though, she had to get that amulet and she had to get it fast. And preferably without hurting Ellis.

Melody swung her sword at Ellis's legs, hoping to gain enough movement that she could snatch the amulet anyway.

Melody gasped as she dropped to the ground, her sword falling out of her hand. That hurt.

As Melody gritted her teeth and the pain was replaced with adrenaline, she jumped up and grabbed her sword's hilt with both hands.

"Well, that wasn't the nicest. You should apologize... I'd accept that amulet!"

Melody grinned and swung the sword towards Ellis again.

On 5/11/2022 at 1:52 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

I evaded the blade... mostly. With the girl hindering me, a little nick crossed my bicep.

Gritting my teeth, I tried to heal it. It didn't... respond.

Right. Mordite.

Growling, I sent a ironclad kick into Melody's chest.

*giggles in mordite cameos in tlt*

Is... not a cameo. Is very much in the RP.

On 5/13/2022 at 11:54 AM, Condensation said:

Melody gasped as she dropped to the ground, her sword falling out of her hand. That hurt.

As Melody gritted her teeth and the pain was replaced with adrenaline, she jumped up and grabbed her sword's hilt with both hands.

"Well, that wasn't the nicest. You should apologize... I'd accept that amulet!"

Melody grinned and swung the sword towards Ellis again.

"GIVE UP, CHILD." I planted a heavy kick to her ribs, snapping and crushing them.

Melody gasped in pain, the breath causing even more agony. She fell backwards to the ground.

What more could she do at this point? Ellis was so much stronger than her, she barely even had any sword training! It was probably hopeless...

But she had to keep trying.

One more attempt before she had to give up, Melody thought as she illusioned away her pain for the time being. Later she could hurt.

She created 6 copies of herself as she stood, giving each of them - and herself - varying degrees of realism. As she moved around herself, Melody came up with a plan: 

As many copies as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

K. I have nothing better to do.

The body breathed out as Mors released some power. It shuddered again, then calmed down.

“Still not coming out?” they asked quietly.

Yulong fell back.

“Alright then.”

With a quiet exhale, Mors push themselves up and on their feet. They wobbled, but held firm. Thyella fell into their hand immediately as Mors looked up, surveying the situation, before engaging with caution.

I dart through illusions, slashing at each one. The child is far too weak to give them proper reactions at this point: sooner or later, I'll find her.

The witch woman fights with surprising fury. Tsk. If I didn't somehow have even bigger problems to worry about, I'd have taken care of her already.

It was that girl that served a real problem. Her power. Something... primeval. Unnatural. Like my own.

But no, not even that was it. Why hadn't I killed them all yet?

Y-you... can't... hurt--

"Watch me!" I growled, then darted towards Yulong at blinding speeds, slashing outwards with my knives.

Mors jumped out of the way, then slid flawlessly into a different stance, Q’s obsidian knife slipping into their other hand.

They ducked a swipe, and parried another with the dark knife. Thank Potens that Yulong’s body was still holding up and reacting fine. They swung Thyella in a wide arc, driving any attackers back, the blade humming with delight as its true master was finally wielding it.