The Linear Thread

Condensation

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

"He is the Dark Lord!" Cupra called. "Destroy him, now!"

"Ellis is the Dark Lord?! Gosh dangit," Melody murmured under her breath. Gritting her teeth, she raised the sword up high and started to bring it down on Ellis. "Sorry about this," she whispered.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:07 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

I chuckle, turning my gaze to the little scientist. With nothing but a glance, I bind Cupra with dark tendrils.

Cupra struggled helplessly against the encroaching bonds.

"Wait!" said Gerald. "Something is not right."

"Do it!" screamed Cupra. "

On 4/19/2022 at 3:03 PM, Condensation said:

"Ellis is the Dark Lord?! Gosh dangit," Melody murmured under her breath. Gritting her teeth, she raised the sword up high and started to bring it down on Ellis. "Sorry about this," she whispered.

I spend half a moment glancing over. In the hands of someone competent, that blade would actually pose a threat. Refined mordite, was it? Even Ellis could've smelled that out.

Fortunately, that wasn't even a child wielding it: more like an infant first learning to crawl. I easily dodge the strikethen summon a blade of my own.

Black-iron armor, even darker steel blade, chain mail underneath... all it appears in a matter of seconds, coating me head to toe in it.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I spend half a moment glancing over. In the hands of someone competent, that blade would actually pose a threat. Refined mordite, was it? Even Ellis could've smelled that out.

Fortunately, that wasn't even a child wielding it: more like an infant first learning to crawl. I easily dodge the strikethen summon a blade of my own.

Black-iron armor, even darker steel blade, chain mail underneath... all it appears in a matter of seconds, coating me head to toe in it.

"The amulet..." choked out Cupra. "Shatter..."

Ellis felt a surge of confidence. This child was no match for him. Why, he could beat her with his eyes closed and his hands tied behind his back.  Shatter the amulet? A pulse of giddying amusement swept through him at the very thought.

On 4/6/2022 at 1:07 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ronin sighed, "that's not very helpful."

"I am but a humble captain to Her Majesty," Ronin's guide declared.

Meanwhile, the cavern rumbled.

Edited by xinoehp512

I thought her nickname was Depresso Espresso, but Sadime Lass works too.

Q blinked back into reality totally not because her author forgot/was a bit too busy to remember this rpfinally seeing the chaos. She stumbled back a little bit. Ellis being the Dark Lord? Melody actually fighting with her sword? Lights. Some crap must’ve gone down when she wasn’t looking.

Ellis being… the Dark Lord.

Something strained her, tugging her heartstrings. This happened before. Last time she couldn’t… she wasn’t… he…

Q shoved the emotions away, tucking them in the dark corners of her mind. He’s my enemy. Should be treated as such.

But… lights, were those tears?

She wiped them away, determined to hide those emotions before people would notice. Thyella fell into her hand. She brought it up––Krow desperately wanted to take control so she wouldn’t have to deal with this––then readied herself. With a long exhale, Q engaged, a single tear tracing down her cheek.

It was cute, really. Just pitiful--in a good way--watching her dash about and attack. It was all so deliberate, wasn't it? Maybe just a fraction of her abilities at this point, but still on a level less than his. Still a plane of reality and logic.

Can't hurt to play around with her, can it?

I deflect the strikes, watching her carefully. That was right: she was a quick one. Not that her strength was something to scoff at, but agility was her primary trait. At this type of a battle, that would be something I actually have to worry about.

Holding back, Mors judged as she switched to Fángyù.

Waiting to see what I’ll do, she agreed, deflecting a strike.

Much like Adrian?

Mmm. Q brought up her blade, taking another strike from the Dark Lord. Except he doesn’t appear to know me.

Hmm… What about the Threads?

Q leapt back, dodging a swing. Not yet, she said, parrying another strike. What did that person say about the amulet?

Shatter.

Then that’s what we’ll do.

So she knew a number of fighting styles? Ellis would be familiar to them, but he wasn't divulging anything.

Anything at all, really. He hadn't said even a word. Or, well... thought even a word. Heck, at this point, I'm still not quite sure how it works.

Makes things easier, at least. Without that brat fighting back, maybe things would go smoother this time.

Time to step things up a notch. Just the thought of these brats is starting to annoy me. I redouble my efforts, striking with immense speed and strength like nothing I'd been doing before.

There we go, Mors said, lending a bit of his strength. That’s more like it.

Power flowed through Q, one of her eyes taking on a darker hue. She reacted faster, thought clearer, moved quicker. It was a bit more difficult, but she remained in Fángyù, deflecting strike after strike before thrusting in her own, making her way towards the amulet… or where she thought the amulet to be.

"Use the sword," said Cupra in a voice that Ellis could not hear. "The Chosen One must wield the sword and break the curse."

Gerald pulled his tentacles to his head, feeling a terrible headache coming on. He was missing something, he could feel it.

@Condensation

Edited by xinoehp512

I slashed about, deflecting strike after strike. Those kids... they were playing with things they didn't understand. Mordite, Narrativium, the Origin, Fate... they were gonna get themselves killed before he could do them in himself.

Fine. I think. I'll break out the big guns...

I jab and send my blade deep into the girl's chest.

She gasped, immediately hacking up blood. Pain blossomed where he stabbed her, growing by the second.

He wouldn’t… he didn’t… he…

Yulong, Mors said, may I?

She pulled back willingly. Don’t––

I won’t. Both of her eyes turned pitch black.

Mors brought up Thyella, twisting their blade to disarm the Dark Lord. They pulled away, coughing as the body shuddered. Mors poured in his strength, letting them ignore the wound for now.

They heaved for breath, then stood taller, their posture changing in the blink of an eye. They brought up their blade to meet their eye, then re-engaged. Their style changed dramatically, turning into stances and moves that were almost forgotten, yet they used them as if they’ve always known them. They came in harder, swifter, and more precise.

Huh. I put myself onto the defensive for a bit, watching her movements carefully. So she was pulling through after all? That sudden change in demeanor, the shift in the shade of her eye color...

So she wasn't alone after all, then?

Guess we're not so different after all, huh, Ellis?

HOW DARE YOU. HOW. DARE. YOU. YOU MONSTER, YOU--

I grimace. Right. 'Love.'

"Oh, shush it."

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

They kept attacking, very wary of Yulong’s strength. They held back a bit, giving her body some time to recover a bit. They can’t push her too much, not with that wound. Mors kept their defense up, giving a few wary jabs in here and there.

Yulong, he said, are you able––

She pushed him back.

Yulong, Mors said, gentler this time. Please. Are you…

He trailed off, slowly realizing…

She was crying.

Oh, Potens. She was actually crying.

He didn’t press, continuing their attack as he listened to her sobs in their head.

On 1/25/2021 at 11:08 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I would never betray you," Ellis said. "I swear."

Edited by Mystic Syn

The girl was finally weakening now. Her powers seemed to be accounting for it somewhat, but not in time for her to heal up completely. Not before he got in there and ran his blade through her chest.

STOP. STOP IT.

"Oh, hush," I growl. "She's just a character."

THAT'S THE WOMAN I LOVE.

They both paused for a moment. Maybe it was because they were both impressed.

No. That wasn't--

WAIT--

Ellis broke free. He gasped, dropping to his hands and knees. The Amulet wasn't just calling now... it was burning. It scorched; scorched away at his soul.

They gasped again when the blade cut through their body. He felt it shudder as they fell to their hands and knees, wanting to give in, but he remained consistent in giving her strength.

“Yulong,” they rasped, blood dripping from their mouth.

But as soon as he prodded her, thoughts and memories overwhelmed them.

He was right he was right he was right. How could I have been so stupid?! Why did I fall for the same trick?! He’s right. I can never love. It ends in betrayal. Death! Why why WHY?! Ko’ad, he was right. Why did I not believe him?! Why didn’t I learn?! Why–– I––

Images of Huoyan and Meznyx’s bodies flooded their view, lying dead in their own blood. Dead by her hand. Dead, because she once loved them.

Her thoughts grew darker and darker, her mind finally breaking.

Yulong was finally breaking.

“Potens’ creations,” Mors’ swore softly, still remaining in control as their eyes widened. “She’s…”

“She’s not responding,” Mors answered, still staring at the ground as the blood dripped. Not well, at least.

Mors reached out again, but she shied away, going deeper and darker.

I can’t stay like this forever, he told her, feeling the their body shudder. Your body can’t handle it.

So what if I die?! At least I’ll be free of this hellscape! she yelled, causing Mors to visibly flinch. What’s the point?! What’s the LIGHTN’ POINT?! THEY ALL BETRAY ME! THEY ALL DIE! IT’S ALL MY FAULT!

Yulong, please listen. Their body shook violently, everything slowing. We need to be in harmony, or at least take control.

No. Let me die! LET ME BE FREE.

Mors looked up at Ellis. “You have to talk her back into control, Ellis,” they said, their voice distorting. “She’s not listening to me.”

Edited by Mystic Syn

On 4/26/2022 at 7:36 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"I am but a humble captain to Her Majesty," Ronin's guide declared.

Meanwhile, the cavern rumbled.

Ronin shivered, "who is this 'Her Majesty'?"

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I don't--I don't have time." Ellis grunted, then screamed.

WHY YOU--

"If I heal her, he'll come back!" Ellis grasped the amulet. "You all need to run. Get Melody and Gerald out, understand?"

that's not canon. ;-;