The Linear Thread

Condensation

Ronin sat in the velvety red chair in the inn as he listened to the sounds of the main room below. The innkeeper was a friend of Ronin's named Dale Wakefield. 

Dale was an old friend of Ronin's who had grown up with Ronin. Toran sat in another chair in the room that Ronin had rented from Dale. Toran was bigger than usual and the size of a humanoid being. Ronin had not entered anyone's dreams since the incident with the other person in the dream. 

Ronin never wanted to encounter the Draugr again but Toran had said it was likely since Ronin was to find the chosen one and help lead them to the origin of the world (unless that already happened while I was gone). 

Toran looked at Ronin and said, "Ronin, when will we leave this place?"

"I thought you were the boss-man." said Ronin, "you tell me where we are going."

Toran sighed, "I am not a guide idiot, you are supposed to go on your own with slight help from me, besides you need sleep and rest. why don't you try and contact the chosen one in their dreams?"

It was Ronin's turn to sigh, "last time I then got hunted down by ravenous Draugr, I do not want to risk it unless it is truly necessary."

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Long, long ago...

Spoiler

The princess hesitates, her hand hovering a few inches away from the door handle. In her other, she carries a sword. Its blade is plain, its hilt unadorned- and yet, the world itself seems to bend before it as if in reverence.

She takes a deep breath. For years now, she has known this day would come. For years she has prepared, steeling herself for this moment. For years she has trained so that she can do what needs to be done.

No amount of foresight could have fully prepared her for this moment. But she has made up her mind. She exhales, letting her sword fall from her hand. It vanishes before it hits the floor, ready for her to call upon when the moment arrives.

The doors open easily, squeaking only slightly as the princess enters the throne room to confront her mother.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:03 AM, xinoehp512 said:

The revenants were the first to attack, rushing forth in a wave of blank expressions.

The revenants slash at Ellis and Q.

@Channelknight Fadran @Mystic Syn

On 2/11/2022 at 10:54 AM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ronin sat in the velvety red chair in the inn as he listened to the sounds of the main room below. The innkeeper was a friend of Ronin's named Dale Wakefield. 

Dale was an old friend of Ronin's who had grown up with Ronin. Toran sat in another chair in the room that Ronin had rented from Dale. Toran was bigger than usual and the size of a humanoid being. Ronin had not entered anyone's dreams since the incident with the other person in the dream. 

Ronin never wanted to encounter the Draugr again but Toran had said it was likely since Ronin was to find the chosen one and help lead them to the origin of the world (unless that already happened while I was gone). 

Toran looked at Ronin and said, "Ronin, when will we leave this place?"

"I thought you were the boss-man." said Ronin, "you tell me where we are going."

Toran sighed, "I am not a guide idiot, you are supposed to go on your own with slight help from me, besides you need sleep and rest. why don't you try and contact the chosen one in their dreams?"

It was Ronin's turn to sigh, "last time I then got hunted down by ravenous Draugr, I do not want to risk it unless it is truly necessary."

Screams echoed from outside.

The town was under siege.

Just now, xinoehp512 said:

Screams echoed from outside.

The town was under siege.

Ronin sighed, that sucked. Toran looked about in terror.

Ronin dashed down the staircase. the inn was in frantic. customers were running around, the smell of strong drink on wood bounced around Ronin's nose. Dale the innkeeper was running around trying to calm down customers. Ronin groaned as he walked calmly to the bar and waited for Dale to come to him.

after five minutes Dale made it.

Ronin asked, "I would like a mug of rum to go."