The Linear Thread

Condensation

9 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

“Ladies.” Hands pushed the souls apart, trying to move them away from each other. “To be quite frank, Ellis won’t survive this fight, and I have specific orders to make sure that she returns with him alive.”

Y turned to glare at Highness. "You."

Hands shaking. Ellis's hands were shaking. A primal force within him held his blade towards the ground, begging him to run for his life. Beads of sweat coalesced onto his forehead, staying firmly in place like he was.

Y's blade had caught his shirt, tearing a gash right across the middle. He'd felt it scrape against the fabric and tear it apart. At that moment, phantom pains from his bullet wound shot across his entire body, and the most raw, untamed terror he'd ever felt had locked him in place.

Ness had saved his life. That much was clear. There had been an opening there, but...

What in the world made me think I was up to this? Ellis wondered somewhere in his subconscious; behind the terror that still lingered in his shaking hands.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

Y rushed Highness like the wind, murder in her eyes.

Highness simply smirked, then raised his hand, pulling her soul in the air and. “Give me the amulet,” he said, starting to pull her limbs out and bending them in positions that shouldn’t be bent in.

25 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Highness simply smirked, then raised his hand, pulling her soul in the air and. “Give me the amulet,” he said, starting to pull her limbs out and bending them in positions that shouldn’t be bent in.

The winds continued to push Y towards Highness, opposing his control. Y made an incoherent gurgle of rage as she moved closer.

48 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

The winds continued to push Y towards Highness, opposing his control. Y made an incoherent gurgle of rage as she moved closer.

His grip grew tighter, trying to twist her limbs. "Give me the amulet," he repeated, stumbling back from the wind.

Y's limbs twisted painfully. She screamed, an inhuman sound of fury and pain alloyed together.

Around her, figures flickered. Images of her, for a moment made real. One looked upwards, light in her eyes, laugh at her mouth. One held a blade straight out, gaze locked in intense concentration. One lay crumpled on the ground, eyes sunk beyond despair, a single tear running across her skin.

Darkness swept over Y's face. All traces of humanity drained away, revealing the monstrous soul that had been hiding underneath. Wind gathered at Highness's back, holding him in place as the demon inched ever closer.

Edited by xinoehp512

16 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Is the amulet visible, perchance?

@xinoehp512

Not really, no.

16 hours ago, Mystic Syn said:

Highness grinned, despite being held in one place. “Something was different about you.” He presented no struggle, watching calmly with a wicked grin. “Kill me, if you will. I’ll just come back.”

Y stabbed at his heart with a mordite blade. "Come... back... from... this..." she hissed.

What is the nature of Highness's immortality?

Edited by xinoehp512

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Y stabbed at his heart with a mordite blade. "Come... back... from... this..." she hissed.

He only grinned. Bright silver blood gushed from the wound, but it seemed to be healing already. “Tell me,” he said, his dark blue eyes growing brighter, “was it Potens that made you like this, or someone else?”

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

What is the nature of Highness's immortality?

I think I just answered that in the rp response above, lol.

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

Would Ellis be able to tell where it is on her person?

I mean... there's kind of a mess around Y right now. A bunch of her clones flickering into and out of existence.

1 hour ago, Mystic Syn said:

He only grinned. Bright silver blood gushed from the wound, but it seemed to be healing already. “Tell me,” he said, his dark blue eyes growing brighter, “was it Potens that made you like this, or someone else?”

I think I just answered that in the rp response above, lol.

Oh shoot he's gonna die

From nowhere, the robotic arm cannoned through the winds and knocked Y's knife off-course, plunging into Highness's shoulder instead.

"I... am... myself," hissed Y, attempting to twist the blade to a more fatal location. The wounds left by the knife resisted the magical healing, bleeding healing power away.

32 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

From nowhere, the robotic arm cannoned through the winds and knocked Y's knife off-course, plunging into Highness's shoulder instead.

"I... am... myself," hissed Y, attempting to twist the blade to a more fatal location. The wounds left by the knife resisted the magical healing, bleeding healing power away.

He didn’t do anything, only grinning, his shoulder still continuing to heal despite the knife’s I’m pretty sure that’s grammatically correct wound. Highness twirled his finger to try and mess with the soul, though deep down he knew it would be worthless. “That’s what you say––the Angel said it too––but truly, you are in God’s hands.”

Gosh. You go on one one-week vacation and everyone moves on. ;) 

Melody, not technically invisible but also invisible, glanced around Y's person for a necklace. Anyone watching the illusion of her she'd put up would think she'd just been standing there for the past however long, but she had actually been sneaking towards Y all this time.

On 8/12/2021 at 8:46 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

The tip of a blade touched against Y's back.

"Please." Ellis said, shaking.

One of the flickering figures gazed at Ellis, a wistful gaze filled with melancholy. The amulet hung around her neck, flickering tantalizingly out of reach.