The Linear Thread

Condensation

"When I was in the Inbetween, of course," he said, as if it were obvious. "She was distraught when I told... well, more of showed her what happened. A miracle how long she's been holding on, what with what happened to the last friend, lover, and even family she had."

"She likes the really dumb ones," he remarked, rolling his eyes. "The Inbetween is the Realm Between Realms; right in between the Physical and Spiritual, a waiting place, if you will. When a mortal like you is on the brink of death, your soul and/or spirit shifts in the Inbetween, waiting to either be taken away by Mors to the afterlife or to come back and live out your painful mortal life. Since Q is technically still alive and her body is who-knows-where, her soul is in the Inbetween.

"As for her still managing to hold on, that I cannot explain, for I don't know. Considering that her family was killed due to her actions, the last close friend of hers betrayed her––which her former friend died from an oath she gave to Q––and her last lover... tch, dead by her own hands." Highness considered Ellis' expression. "Oh, has she not told you that yet?"

A random guy fell into existence out of thin air with some Macca's and a hot drink. "What is this place?" the guy asked. "I was told to fall in this general direction by some guy and I have no idea what's going on."

I think not bolded text is the non RP stuff? Hi, I'm Fabien, I'm new, and I'm fond of RP but they are all so long and I need a recap of things I need to know. I just clicked the one at the top of the stack and I did not expect this many pages

57 minutes ago, Fabien said:

I think not bolded text is the non RP stuff? Hi, I'm Fabien, I'm new, and I'm fond of RP but they are all so long and I need a recap of things I need to know. I just clicked the one at the top of the stack and I did not expect this many pages

In this specific rp and select others, bold your rp entries, but in other ones, you would use normal text like this. Also, for future note, when you are in one of those rps where the normal text is the rp responses, put your meta talk or normal talk like this in a quote box.

But, hello there! Welcome to the chaos Shard! I haven't been here since the beginning of this rp, I kinda jumped in at page 10 without context, then seriously rped here since page 18 saying that aloud makes me realize how long I've rped here :v Basically, take what I say with a grain of salt, but I'll do my best at recaping. Either Fadran, Condensation, or Xino will come in and correct me.

Spoiler

We started(?) off in Melody's––Condensation's OC––garden, then Mavilon(?) showed up. Melody's parents kicked them out and Mavilon let them go through a portal to this city, where they found out that Mavilon is a bad wizard. Melody got a sword from a knight who thought Mavilon was his dad, and then they walked across a field and went in the city. I'm not exactly sure how Ellis––Fadran's OC––or Gerald the Squid don't ask––one of Xino's OCs––got here, but let's pretend that there was some mystical reason. They got to the wizard's(?) tower in the city, meeting my OC, Q if ya want, there some writing I did about her on some of the status updates I made in the past about her :pp. They climb said tower, killing a butler on the way which apparently Ellis found to be hot, and talked to the wizard about something relating to the Dream Crystal: a magic amulet that can do something specific that my brain refuses to remember or I just wasn't told. We left the building, somehow transitioning into a fight with Y––one of Xino's OCs. Q got mortally wounded, which caused the others to find a doctor, nursing her back to health, then Dr. Octopus––one of Xino's OCs and Gerald's archenemy, and yes, he is what he sounds like: a sentient octopus... thing––did something by trapping them, which we somehow got out of. Went camping for a bit, which doesn't really need any explanation besides we need to get Melody's scabbard. Had a run-in with the Mafia for not that long, meeting Ji––one of my OCs. Can't remember why that was important, but eh. During ∗ˈ‧₊° camping time ∗ˈ‧₊°, Ellis went on a date with Q that's a surprise tool we'll use later, bonding with her more while Gerald and Melody vibe at camp and eat s'mores or something. They got rained on, all of them hiding in a tent, which we "invited" Dr. Octopus, who then kills Gerald. Dunno how or why, but a mechanical arm of his is the only plot hook we have. As anyone sane would do, we go to find a way to revive him with the help of the arm, and Melody contacts someone from her past... thingy... His name is X, lol––one of Xino's OCs. X transports us to the Longest Thread you'll figure that out sooner or later, which he tells us how to revive Gerald. We go find Dr. Octopus, who's apparently the key to reviving Gerald through a portal that goes... somewhere, and we engage in a fight with him and his lackies. Ellis takes him head-on, blinded with rage; Melody and Q take care of the guards; and the arm is kinda there. Dr. Octopus then kills Q, which causes Ellis to want to drink the blood of the octopus exaggerating, of course. Melody basically slaps Ellis back to reality, and they both vibe right into the portal that has something to do with time again, either Condensation, Fadran, or Xino will come in and correct me. Ellis and Melody I dunno if the arm made it come to the conclusion that they needed the Dream Crystal from Y to revive Q and Gerald. After basically doing nothing for a month irl except a few responses here and there, Connie revives the rp and Xino and Fadran basically beg for me to come back in as someone else to help the plot move along. So, we have His Highness or Highness––one of my OCs––come in and try and figure the situation with Y having the Dream Crystal out. Right now, we're apparently reading souls instead of doing something productive. So, normal every day thing to procrastinate.

In other words: A literal Child more of a teenager, but you get the pic is given a sword by a person who thought a Bad Magic Dude was his dad. Confused Boi and Squid appeared one day, and Child said, "Wack," and they went to the Magic Dude's tower. Depressed Warrior tags along, which Confused Boi apparently falls head over heels over. They find a High Magic Dude, who tells them to find the Magic Rock. They fight OP D&D Character, Depressed Warrior getting stabbed one too many times and decides to take a nap. The Ragtag Group takes her to Doc, who says, "Oh yeah. I've seen some owies before, and this one is... well, it's definitely an owie," then fills Depressed Warrior with drugz that solved all her owies' problems. Evil Octopus comes in, and that happened. Ragtag Group encounters the mafia, and that happened. Ragtag Group decides to go on a vacation by camping, then Confused Boi asks Depressed Warrior on a date while the child and squid vibe. Evil Octopus decides to come back in and diagnose Squid with the dead, then peaces out. Plot-Seeking Arm is there, pointing where the plot is in another universe with Blue Dude. Blue Dude tells Ragtag Group to find Evil Octopus, and they say, "Wack," and go do that. Confused Boi decides to fight Evil Octopus with the no fighting skillz he has, while Child and Depressed Warrior dance and kill. Evil Octopus diagnoses Depressed Warrior with the dead, to which she says, "Wack." Confused Boi goes on murdering rampage, till Child slaps him and brings him and Plot-Seeking Arm (maybe) into the Magic Door which Evil Octopus has been protecting, which does something with the Sacred Timeline. They brb'd irl, then found Cryptic Dude to fight OP D&D Character for Magic Rock, which she apparently has.

Maybe that cleared some things up, no promises.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:24 PM, Mystic Syn said:

In this specific rp and select others, bold your rp entries, but in other ones, you would use normal text like this. Also, for future note, when you are in one of those rps where the normal text is the rp responses, put your meta talk or normal talk like this in a quote box.

But, hello there! Welcome to the chaos Shard! I haven't been here since the beginning of this rp, I kinda jumped in at page 10 without context, then seriously rped here since page 18 saying that aloud makes me realize how long I've rped here :v Basically, take what I say with a grain of salt, but I'll do my best at recaping. Either Fadran, Condensation, or Xino will come in and correct me.

Reveal hidden contents

We started(?) off in Melody's––Condensation's OC––garden, then Mavilon(?) showed up. Melody's parents kicked them out and Mavilon let them go through a portal to this city, where they found out that Mavilon is a bad wizard. Melody got a sword from a knight who thought Mavilon was his dad, and then they walked across a field and went in the city. I'm not exactly sure how Ellis––Fadran's OC––or Gerald the Squid don't ask––one of Xino's OCs––got here, but let's pretend that there was some mystical reason. They got to the wizard's(?) tower in the city, meeting my OC, Q if ya want, there some writing I did about her on some of the status updates I made in the past about her :pp. They climb said tower, killing a butler on the way which apparently Ellis found to be hot, and talked to the wizard about something relating to the Dream Crystal: a magic amulet that can do something specific that my brain refuses to remember or I just wasn't told. We left the building, somehow transitioning into a fight with Y––one of Xino's OCs. Q got mortally wounded, which caused the others to find a doctor, nursing her back to health, then Dr. Octopus––one of Xino's OCs and Gerald's archenemy, and yes, he is what he sounds like: a sentient octopus... thing––did something by trapping them, which we somehow got out of. Went camping for a bit, which doesn't really need any explanation besides we need to get Melody's scabbard. Had a run-in with the Mafia for not that long, meeting Ji––one of my OCs. Can't remember why that was important, but eh. During ∗ˈ‧₊° camping time ∗ˈ‧₊°, Ellis went on a date with Q that's a surprise tool we'll use later, bonding with her more while Gerald and Melody vibe at camp and eat s'mores or something. They got rained on, all of them hiding in a tent, which we "invited" Dr. Octopus, who then kills Gerald. Dunno how or why, but a mechanical arm of his is the only plot hook we have. As anyone sane would do, we go to find a way to revive him with the help of the arm, and Melody contacts someone from her past... thingy... His name is X, lol––one of Xino's OCs. X transports us to the Longest Thread you'll figure that out sooner or later, which he tells us how to revive Gerald. We go find Dr. Octopus, who's apparently the key to reviving Gerald through a portal that goes... somewhere, and we engage in a fight with him and his lackies. Ellis takes him head-on, blinded with rage; Melody and Q take care of the guards; and the arm is kinda there. Dr. Octopus then kills Q, which causes Ellis to want to drink the blood of the octopus exaggerating, of course. Melody basically slaps Ellis back to reality, and they both vibe right into the portal that has something to do with time again, either Condensation, Fadran, or Xino will come in and correct me. Ellis and Melody I dunno if the arm made it come to the conclusion that they needed the Dream Crystal from Y to revive Q and Gerald. After basically doing nothing for a month irl except a few responses here and there, Connie revives the rp and Xino and Fadran basically beg for me to come back in as someone else to help the plot move along. So, we have His Highness or Highness––one of my OCs––come in and try and figure the situation with Y having the Dream Crystal out. Right now, we're apparently reading souls instead of doing something productive. So, normal every day thing to procrastinate.

In other words: A literal Child more of a teenager, but you get the pic is given a sword by a person who thought a Bad Magic Dude was his dad. Confused Boi and Squid appeared one day, and Child said, "Wack," and they went to the Magic Dude's tower. Depressed Warrior tags along, which Confused Boi apparently falls head over heels over. They find a High Magic Dude, who tells them to find the Magic Rock. They fight OP D&D Character, Depressed Warrior getting stabbed one too many times and decides to take a nap. The Ragtag Group takes her to Doc, who says, "Oh yeah. I've seen some owies before, and this one is... well, it's definitely an owie," then fills Depressed Warrior with drugz that solved all her owies' problems. Evil Octopus comes in, and that happened. Ragtag Group encounters the mafia, and that happened. Ragtag Group decides to go on a vacation by camping, then Confused Boi asks Depressed Warrior on a date while the child and squid vibe. Evil Octopus decides to come back in and diagnose Squid with the dead, then peaces out. Plot-Seeking Arm is there, pointing where the plot is in another universe with Blue Dude. Blue Dude tells Ragtag Group to find Evil Octopus, and they say, "Wack," and go do that. Confused Boi decides to fight Evil Octopus with the no fighting skillz he has, while Child and Depressed Warrior dance and kill. Evil Octopus diagnoses Depressed Warrior with the dead, to which she says, "Wack." Confused Boi goes on murdering rampage, till Child slaps him and brings him and Plot-Seeking Arm (maybe) into the Magic Door which Evil Octopus has been protecting, which does something with the Sacred Timeline. They brb'd irl, then found Cryptic Dude to fight OP D&D Character for Magic Rock, which she apparently has.

This actually helped. Thanks a lot!

The random guy nodded along to the voice in their head and thinks about an arm. The arm would be most helpful, probably. Who knows? After all, this was a guy listening to voices in their head. Not the paragon of logic.

2 hours ago, Fabien said:

This actually helped. Thanks a lot!

Np, man. Glad to help also, that recap took longer to write up and actually remember what happened than I originally thought :))

2 hours ago, Fabien said:

The random guy nodded along to the voice in their head and thinks about an arm. The arm would be most helpful, probably. Who knows? After all, this was a guy listening to voices in their head. Not the paragon of logic.

Highness turned to the stranger, considering him, then looking up. “Interesting,” he muttered to himself. “Usually, They give me fair warning. Just another person to be used.”

On 7/31/2021 at 9:24 PM, Mystic Syn said:

Reveal hidden contents

That was the most beautiful thing I have ever read oh my gosh

On 8/6/2021 at 8:50 PM, Mystic Syn said:

"There you are. Maybe this'll work." Highness smiled, made a small pulling gesture towards himself, trying to pull the soul down towards him.

Y felt the tug and did not resist its downward pull, allowing herself to land on the ground.

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Y felt the tug and did not resist its downward pull, allowing herself to land on the ground.

Highness stopped the pulling gesture, placing his hands in his pockets. “Y, was it?” He tilted his head at her, cocking an eyebrow. “To be completely honest, I expected you to put up more of a fight. Tch, no matter. Ellis here only wants one thing from you.” Highness calmly motioned towards Ellis.

I hate using pings @Channelknight Fadran