The Linear Thread

Condensation

5 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

Well, yk, I'd figured I ask about it first before jumping head first. But I hear your pleas of mercy, and ig I should answer them (눈‸눈)

A figure jumped out behind Ellis from practically nowhere, unsheathing his long, curved silver blade to deflect the dagger to the ground. Sheathing it quietly, he stared at Y with dark blue eyes. Cocking his head at her, his long stark white hair fell to the side, almost falling out of the tail he'd put it in before jumping in. The man rose, brushing his jacket off before looking at Ellis.

"Ellis," he said, his voice sounding a tiny bit deep, "tell me that you're not as incompetent as you seem and you can do something else than dodge."

"Wha--who--?"

7 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Y narrowed her eyes, channeling the wind to throw all three thrown daggers at the man.

3 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"Wha--who--?"

He rolled his eyes, exasperated. "So, she likes the dumb ones."

Quicker than a flash, the man unsheathed his blade and deflected all three blades back at Y, grinning as he did so.

2 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"She? ...You know Q?"

"So, that's the name she decided to go with. At least it was one of mine."

2 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Y projected a wall of wind in front of her that stopped the blades in their tracks and shoved them back at the man.

Without a second thought, the man deflected two to the ground, then snatched the last one with his hand. He looked at it, then at her, letting it fall to the ground. "No sense of style, Y," he said, shrugging, "if that is your real name."

2 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I don't suppose you could tell me her actual name?"

"Hasn't even told you her real name yet? Are you sure you know her as well as you say?"

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Y pulled the daggers back to her hands with the wind. "A bit busy for style, I'm afraid."

She flashed a smile and jumped away on an airdrift.

He simply nodded in understanding, watching her jump onto an airdrift. Quick unrelated question: Is she like, leaving or just going to vibe on the airdrift?

22 minutes ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Hasn't even told you her real name yet? Are you sure you know her as well as you say?"

He simply nodded in understanding, watching her jump onto an airdrift. Quick unrelated question: Is she like, leaving or just going to vibe on the airdrift?

Leaving. She has Things to Do, Places to Be, etc.

1 hour ago, Mystic Syn said:

"Oh, me?" the man chuckled. "I'm the closest thing... what name did you say she was going by again? Q? Yeah. I'm the closest thing Q has to family. Where I came from is an entirely different story you wouldn't understand."

"I don't understand a lot of things." Mostly why Q deemed me at all worthy to love. Ellis looked out after where Y fled to. "Now... we really need that amulet. To save Q."

On 7/25/2021 at 3:06 PM, xinoehp512 said:

"I stole it fair and square," continued Y. "Your friends want to keep their stuff, they should learn to hold onto it better."

Melody had an idea. It might be stupid, but maybe it'd work.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:43 AM, xinoehp512 said:

Please do. :P I have no idea how they're supposed to get the dream crystal, either- Y's way too powerful for them to face her head on. I was intending for it to be an ambush...

steal

As Y left on the breeze, Melody appeared a couple of feet away and sighed. "Well, I'll try again next time." The illusion of her that had been standing still for the last couple of minutes vanished, and she walked over to Ellis and the new stranger. "Hi. Who are you?"

To clarify - not Ellis, the stranger.

4 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"It has a... what was it. A Dream Crystal? Was that what it was called? That sounds about right."

“‘Dream Crystal?’” he repeated, raising his eyebrow. “No accounting for creativity.”

1 hour ago, Condensation said:

As Y left on the breeze, Melody appeared a couple of feet away and sighed. "Well, I'll try again next time." The illusion of her that had been standing still for the last couple of minutes vanished, and she walked over to Ellis and the new stranger. "Hi. Who are you?"

“I’m known by many names, some more true than others. The name you’ll address me is His Highness, although, Highness is just fine.”