Can 'Hero of Agesness' be stolen?

Frustration

I don't know about hemalurgy, but if you've read Mistborn: Secret History you'll have seen...

Spoiler

that "Connection Bomb" that the Alonoe of the Ire had, and that Kelsier swindled them out of. It certainly worked to allow Cognitive Shadow Kelsier to force a enough of a connection to Preservation to take up the Shard until releasing it to Vin.

So I'm guessing it would have worked for Alonoe as well, even better as she was (presumably) a living person and not a shadow.

So the type or level of Connection to Preservation needed to take up the Shard can indeed be "faked" with the right kind of Investiture magic.

Edited by robardin

11 hours ago, robardin said:

I don't know about hemalurgy, but if you've read Mistborn: Secret History you'll have seen...

Reveal hidden contents

that "Connection Bomb" that the Alonoe of the Ire had, and that Kelsier swindled them out of. It certainly worked to allow Cognitive Shadow Kelsier to force a enough of a connection to Preservation to take up the Shard until releasing it to Vin.

So I'm guessing it would have worked for Alonoe as well, even better as she was (presumably) a living person and not a shadow.

So the type or level of Connection to Preservation needed to take up the Shard can indeed be "faked" with the right kind of Investiture magic.

So would that be a dur-aluminum, or Atium spike, or nicricil? Is this the use of the all elusive lerasium spike.

Edited by Frustration

2 hours ago, Frustration said:

So would that be a dur-aluminum, or Atium spike, or nicricil? Is this the use of the all elusive lerasium spike.

If you haven't read MB:SH I won't spoil it. But hemalurgy was not involved, and what was shown doesn't appear to be something hemalurgy could effectuate as it wasn't a "theft of an ability or property" so much as a temporary "faking" of one.

I think there is a WoB that if you spiked a Feruchemist to steal their power you could then use their (keyed) metalminds as the "inheritor" of the Identity, but that's different from being able to spike out Identity and Connection on its own, I think.

Here's a related question: if you gave Vin whatever mechanism creates Era 2 medallions, could she store her (flavored, Identity-keyed) Connection to Preservation into a keyed duraluminmind and a separate unsealed aluminummind that anyone could tap for "Vin-Identity" (two powers in one medallion, with two metalminds)?

I am not sure, because the "Connection medallions" we see in BoM work by giving a kind of "raw Connection" to Allik that allows him to "connect" to his physical location in a way that lets him speak and understand the local language. It's not a "flavored Connection", which we haven't seen at all - e.g., could Allik or another Southerner create a medallion of "my Connection to my Malwish homeland", give it to Marasi, and then have her understand his native speech with his crew mates even while in Elendel?

I suppose it's possible and we just haven't seen it, but the only other Connection-based magic we've seen (in Oathbringer) also yields the "sudden understanding and use of the local language" effect. A "sharing of my own existing Connection to X" as opposed to "the ability to form Connection to who/where I am in the presence of" are different things.

16 minutes ago, robardin said:

If you haven't read MB:SH I won't spoil it. But hemalurgy was not involved, and what was shown doesn't appear to be something hemalurgy could effectuate as it wasn't a "theft of an ability or property" so much as a temporary "faking" of one.

I have

I think it can be done with hemalurgy, dur-aluminum for connection and identity, Atium for it's wild card potential, Chromium for potential destiny, or Lerasium, because it was preservation. We know 

Warbreaker

Spoiler

Divine breath can be stolen

So why not this, and which spikes would it be?

4 minutes ago, Frustration said:

I have

I think it can be done with hemalurgy, dur-aluminum for connection and identity, Atium for it's wild card potential, Chromium for potential destiny, or Lerasium, because it was preservation. We know 

Warbreaker

Reveal hidden contents

Divine breath can be stolen

So why not this, and which spikes would it be?

Well that is still Investiture, yeah, and not... As I would think of it... An expression of Investiture. Or "flavor" of a metalmind.

Like, hemalurgy can steal a Feruchemist's ability to fill and tap a given metalmind with a property that they can then reclaim, including the very power to do so, in a nicrosilmind.

So you could use hemalurgy to steal F-copper from a Feruchemist, and even with that spike, access that Feruchemist's Identity-keyed copperminds.

But, I don't think you can spike out a person's memories and take them as your own. Like an ordinary non-Feruchemist, who hasn't stored their memories as Investiture.

That's kind of how I think of Vin's "flavored" Connection to Preservation.