Queen, I'd love to join but I'll need to be kind of a minor role if I do because I'm already all over the place :P.

I made something vaguely like this a while back, so may I just suggest stealing something from Stormlight? Each gem corresponds to a part of the body (Sapphire for eyes, Garnet for blood, stuff like that) and somehow influences that?

heres a character:

Spoiler

name: Anadrin 

birthday: May fith

characteristics: long bronze wavy hair and brown eyes,  wears white clothing with a golden sash as the custom in her culture.

personality: introvert who will have a lot to say to those she knows well.

Backstory: Uhh I can't make a backstory with this little info so ill update it.

Edited by turtle
May instead of June, my real birthday.

1 hour ago, Danex said:

What about the rest of the Worldbuilding? Do you have anything set up? This looks mildly interesting, if it looks promising once it’s more fleshed out I’ll join. 

Fadran is working on that, I'm not the greatest at worldbuilding, so he's taking what I have so far and making it better!

Ideas to fix that:

1. Babies literally fly in on storks randomly 

2. The length of a pregnancy is completely random, ranging from days to years

3. Babies grow out of the ground like Orcs

4. maybe everyone is just an Orc

5. Orc-topia 

6. this list had a purpose originally

7. hmm, oh well. 

8 minutes ago, Danex said:

Ideas to fix that:

1. Babies literally fly in on storks randomly 

2. The length of a pregnancy is completely random, ranging from days to years

3. Babies grow out of the ground like Orcs

4. maybe everyone is just an Orc

5. Orc-topia 

6. this list had a purpose originally

7. hmm, oh well. 

Number 2 would suck. You get pregnant at the same time as your friend, who gets her pregnancy over with in 2 days, but you've got a child growing inside of you for 5 years.

Edited by DramaQueen

It shouldn't be much of a problem if the months are basically balanced. All parents would want something different, which means there wouldn't be many people of the same type.

Also, how do you get the power? Just by touching a gemstone? Does the size matter? Can you touch two gemstones at once?

Just now, The_Truthwatcher said:

It shouldn't be much of a problem if the months are basically balanced. All parents would want something different, which means there wouldn't be many people of the same type.

Also, how do you get the power? Just by touching a gemstone? Does the size matter? Can you touch two gemstones at once?

The last one is definitely no, I think I stated that in the OP. I don't know on the other ones, but I think they'd probably have to be wearing the gem on their person.

What if you were born on Leap Day :blink:

Its 1/4 February and 3/4 March

also, if it were up to me, I’d say your character should be the same as your IRL birthday, otherwise it doesn’t even matter. If we all just choose the one we want for our character, the whole month system is irrelevant, it basically just becomes “there are 12 categories of powers, pick one” which isn’t necessarily bad, but it kinda takes away the whole thing that made this RP unique. 

If we do IRL birthdays it becomes really interesting, because it’s like we’re all handed a Power Portfolio, and we get to make a character around it. Could be a fun exercise in making characters, Powers first, and you don’t get to choose Powers, and then build everything else up around it. 

Edited by Danex

58 minutes ago, Danex said:

What if you were born on Leap Day :blink:

Its 1/4 February and 3/4 March

also, if it were up to me, I’d say your character should be the same as your IRL birthday, otherwise it doesn’t even matter. If we all just choose the one we want for our character, the whole month system is irrelevant, it basically just becomes “there are 12 categories of powers, pick one” which isn’t necessarily bad, but it kinda takes away the whole thing that made this RP unique. 

If we do IRL birthdays it becomes really interesting, because it’s like we’re all handed a Power Portfolio, and we get to make a character around it. Could be a fun exercise in making characters, Powers first, and you don’t get to choose Powers, and then build everything else up around it. 

Hmmmm maybe.

@Negative_Null @turtle @Vapor @Condensation @Channelknight Fadran @I Used To Be A Fish what do you guys think?

We could have it where if you really don’t want to do your birthday month, you get one “re-roll” where you can use a Random Number Generator (or an 11 sided die, but I doubt anyone has one of those) to choose a different one. So it’s still completely random and you don’t get to choose, but you aren’t just stuck with your birthday. Prob Drama or someone “in-charge” of the RP should be the one “re-rolling” for people. 

Or, everyone does a roll, and then you can choose. You could do your birthday month, or you could do what you rolled. So you still have some semblance of choice, but it’s also random enough to still stay true to the original idea.

Edited by Danex