Skyward 3 Updates

Use the Falchion

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

2 whole percent... Wheee... 

Still, that's much better than not being on the bars at all.

The man is incapable of not writing. It'll shoot up, now that it's there. He plans to have the rough draft done by the end of the year so he can start W&W4 Jan 1st. Fear not for it, my friend.

2 minutes ago, Invocation said:

I am as hyped as you are. He said W&W4 needs to happen before SA5, so that's next year, likely alongside the Rock novella.

All of those things are amazing. Actually, anything he releases is likely to be amazing. 

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

All of those things are amazing. Actually, anything he releases is likely to be amazing. 

Wait to see something even cooler?

I might need to get to Skyward Three before it, FYI, depending on how much Stormlight burns me out on epic fantasy. But both Skyward Three and Wax and Wayne Four should be finished by the end of the year next year.)

After that, it will be time for me to be looking to Era Three of Mistborn—which will be written in the years between Stormlight Five and Stormlight Six.

Three years of back-to-back-to-back Mistborn E3 after SA 5

This is off topic. Skyward 3 is going to be awesome and I can't wait to experience the nowalk.

Edited by Invocation

17 hours ago, Invocation said:

Three years of back-to-back-to-back Mistborn E3 after SA 5

His current plan is to alternate Mistborn Era 3 with Elantris 2 & 3 I believe. 

17 hours ago, Invocation said:

Skyward 3 is going to be awesome and I can't wait to experience the nowalk.

Indeed it will be! I really hope Jorgen is the second POV character. 

13 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

His current plan is to alternate Mistborn Era 3 with Elantris 2 & 3 I believe. 

Even better!

13 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Indeed it will be! I really hope Jorgen is the second POV character. 

Jorgen would be an interesting POV character, mostly because I want to see why and how his cytonics differ from Spensa's.

Edited by Invocation

4 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

I really like skyward and I can't wait after the cliffhanger at the end of book 2.

That cliffhanger killed me. I want to know what happens when a material being enters a dark matter realm of some kind, or whatever the nowhere truly is, and if there are any remnants of the previous acclivity stone mining operations around and about in there.

I gotta know.

3 hours ago, Invocation said:

That cliffhanger killed me. I want to know what happens when a material being enters a dark matter realm of some kind, or whatever the nowhere truly is, and if there are any remnants of the previous acclivity stone mining operations around and about in there.

I gotta know.

Yes!!! I need it. I feel like most of Brandon's endings are pretty satisfying. But not Starsight. I want it soooo bad!!!

TWO PERCENT TO THREE PERCENT EVERYONE, WE HAVE THREE PERCENT NOW. Just wanted you all to know because this is very important. A percentage changed. 

(I am c r y i n g Brandon why did you update that :lol:

57 minutes ago, AonEne said:

TWO PERCENT TO THREE PERCENT EVERYONE, WE HAVE THREE PERCENT NOW. Just wanted you all to know because this is very important. A percentage changed. 

(I am c r y i n g Brandon why did you update that :lol:

Brandon: "OH MAN THIS THIRD PERCENT CHANGES EVERYTHING! THEY AIN'T READY FOR THIS!"

As a more serious take, my (unnecessary) speculation is that Brandon nailed down the tone of the prologue/first few chapters, and is now comfortable moving forward, and that's what the percentage signifies. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm always in this weird place with Brandon and his writing output, specifically when it comes to deadlines. On one hand, if he can get to 50% by the end of this month, I'll feel very confident in his ability to finish the book (and honestly he'll probably give us a rough preview chapter or something in the newsletter that will almost inevitably come out on Tuesday). On the other hand, Brandon had his manic sprint to finish RoW last year and it was awesome; and if push came to shove, I'm sure Sanderson could do it again. 

So yeah, I'm not worried. Nervous maybe, but not worried. 

• 2 weeks later...