An Introduction to Me

Cosmical Existence

Hi *wave* 

I started reading Brandon Sanderson last year after his work was recommended to me by many many many many people. I started with Mistborn, and have been hooked ever since.

When Brandon released the Knight Radiant Quiz I took it as soon as the site was up and working again after it lagged that first day. I am of the Order of Lightweavers.

Anyways, that's like the bare minimum you need to know about me. I'm excited to find my way in this new world.  Onward!

Welcome, welcome! *waves back*

Those are some good people you have surrounding you if they were recommending Sanderson! :D Make sure to keep them around!

And my you are quite the prompt quiz taker, I'm sure there will be some other lightweavers stopping by to chat (or you may have to take the 400 mile Amazon jungle expedition first to find some... can't quite remember the requirements :P)

Look forward to seeing you around. Onward!!

*runs into pole and has to get back up*

... oNwaRD!

The craziest cosmere related thing I've done is buy all of the cosmere books in one shopping trip. My wallet wasn't very happy but I sure was glad I bought them all at once. 

Yes, I have some good people surrounding me. I will be forever grateful for their recommendations of Sanderson's work. And I try to be that person for other people. :) 

My favourite Sanderson character is Shallan. I relate to her on so many levels, and she is just amazing. Hoid is a close second though. I like the mad, crazy, bonkers characters who know more than you think they do at first. :)

Hmm... favourite magic system would have to be either Breaths or stormlight. I'm an artist and a singer, so the concept of Breaths fascinates me.  

I don't think it's negative, you can learn a lot about someone by what character they dislike. 

The problem is with Sanderson's work there isn't really a bad guy you can hate. Most of them you can understand why they would do something. Though I would have to say Elend's father is the character I dislike the most. I really don't like him. 

30 minutes ago, Cosmical Existence said:

My favourite Sanderson character is Shallan. I relate to her on so many levels, and she is just amazing. Hoid is a close second though. I like the mad, crazy, bonkers characters who know more than you think they do at first. :)

:mellow:,

That was surprising, seeing as how there's an entire club? cult? devoted to Shallan despising. But hey,

I still like Moash! 

16 minutes ago, Cosmical Existence said:

The problem is with Sanderson's work there isn't really a bad guy you can hate. Most of them you can understand why they would do something. Though I would have to say Elend's father is the character I dislike the most. I really don't like him. 

Straff might not be the most evil but he is evil for no reason and therefore the worst.

6 minutes ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

:mellow:,

That was surprising, seeing as how there's an entire club? cult? devoted to Shallan despising. But hey,

I still like Moash! 

I tend to like the characters most other people don't. 

4 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Straff might not be the most evil but he is evil for no reason and therefore the worst.

Exactly. 

41 minutes ago, Cosmical Existence said:

I don't think it's negative, you can learn a lot about someone by what character they dislike. 

Good choice

How did you discover Sanderson's works?

20 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Good choice

How did you discover Sanderson's works?

I've had people suggesting I read his works for a long time, but I just never got around to it. Until my local bookstore had Mistborn in part of a buy 2 get 1 free thing. I read it, and the next time I went book shopping I bought every single Cosmere book I could find. And I've been hooked ever since. 

On 9/17/2020 at 11:04 AM, Cosmical Existence said:

The craziest cosmere related thing I've done is buy all of the cosmere books in one shopping trip. My wallet wasn't very happy but I sure was glad I bought them all at once. 

Yes, I have some good people surrounding me. I will be forever grateful for their recommendations of Sanderson's work. And I try to be that person for other people. :) 

Hmm... favourite magic system would have to be either Breaths or stormlight. I'm an artist and a singer, so the concept of Breaths fascinates me.  

I relate to Shallan as well. I had to take a couple weeks off of reading Way of Kings after certain events took place because I empathized with her so much. Her determination, wanderlust, struggle with identity, and (honestly) self-deprecation all feel quite real and familiar. 

56 minutes ago, Jo_Truthwatcher said:

I relate to Shallan as well. I had to take a couple weeks off of reading Way of Kings after certain events took place because I empathized with her so much. Her determination, wanderlust, struggle with identity, and (honestly) self-deprecation all feel quite real and familiar. 

Exactly. I don't understand the hate and animosity toward her, in my opinion she is a well written character, and I relate a lot to her struggle with finding her identity. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, of course. Mine is just that Shallan is a good character.