12 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

So over the weekend I just finished Brotherband 8. My thoughts on it are follows.

Hide contents

Overall I really liked it, but I think that there should have been a big battle between the temajai and the skandians. I also think that the temajai should have seen the mangler and then copied it. I am really sad that the heron was destroyed. I almost cried. Also, I am really mad that there was no saga. I need another brotherband saga!!!!!! Overall I liked it. It's not his worst book but it's not his best. (It's definitely better than the caldera.)

Yes! there definetely should of been a battlebetween them!  There really should be another saga. It would be great.

Spoiler for return of the temuji

Spoiler

Yeah, I was mad that the Heron got destoryed too.

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

52 minutes ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Yes! there definetely should of been a battlebetween them! Yeah, I was mad that the Heron got destoryed too. There really should be another saga. It would be great.

1. I think that should go into a spoiler and

2. Unlike the past 2 books all the actions performed by the herons were above board and therefore they did not need to hide what they did. That is why I think that they should add a saga. They would have had a feast to celebrate the victory and then Stefan and Jesper should have sung.

Side note: I noticed that in the ghostbloods Jesper and Stefan used a sword, despite the fact that they were given axes. Also in return of the temajai Ulf and Wulf used swords as well. Why?!?!?!?!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, I love John Flanagan and got to meet him In Salt Lake a few years back.

1. Faviorite book? Erak's Ransom or The Outcasts
  2. Ranger's Apprentince or Brotherband? I'm going to have to go with RA, but I love them both.
  3. Faviorite character? Rangers apprentice it's either Halt or Gilan.  Brotherband is Ingvar or Lydia.

21 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

2. Ranger's Apprentince or Brotherband? I'm going to have to go with RA, but I love them both.
  3. Faviorite character? Rangers apprentice it's either Halt or Gilan.  Brotherband is Ingvar or Lydia.

You got to meet him? What? How? 
Love Both of these. 
Same. 
Halt And Will for me. 

1 hour ago, Aragorn said:

YOU GOT TO MEET HIM? Okay, awesome.

Guest Somebody from Scadrial

1. Either Battle of Skandia or The Flaming Bridge (is that what it's called, you know which one in talking about)

2. Brotherband I love me some Skandians 

3. Hal or Horace (did I mention Skandians well other warriors work too)

17 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

You got to meet him? What? How? 
Love Both of these. 
Same. 
Halt And Will for me. 

16 hours ago, Condensation said:

YOU GOT TO MEET HIM? Okay, awesome.

It was when The Red Fox Clan came out and he was coming to a few states to promote his book.  I got to ask a question and meet him afterward to sign our books.  It was awesome.