3 hours ago, BreezeCauthon said:

On the contrary, I liked the Royal Ranger but hated the other two.

I mostly hated the Royal Ranger because (Royal Ranger spoilers)

Spoiler

IT KILLED ALYSS! THE FIRST SERIES' HAPPY ENDING WAS RUINED. (That book is a big part of the reason I don't like second series. I have never read and enjoyed a second series that follows different characters than the first.)

7 hours ago, Nameless said:

I mostly hated the Royal Ranger because (Royal Ranger spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

IT KILLED ALYSS! THE FIRST SERIES' HAPPY ENDING WAS RUINED. (That book is a big part of the reason I don't like second series. I have never read and enjoyed a second series that follows different characters than the first.)

Spoiler

Alyss was one of my favorite characters

but for some reason, I was able to get over that.

I'd really like to see more Early Years books. I really liked those, and feel like there are many more stories to tell. I think he's beating a dead horse with all these new Royal Ranger books. Even Brotherband is getting a little tired.

On 9/21/2020 at 6:53 PM, BreezeCauthon said:

I'd really like to see more Early Years books. I really liked those, and feel like there are many more stories to tell. I think he's beating a dead horse with all these new Royal Ranger books. Even Brotherband is getting a little tired.

Yeah. I want him to finish the early years, and he did not need to write the royal rangers series.

I want him to write 1 more book where all the characters get together to fight the temaji again, when they come back. (Halt said they might)

4 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

Yeah. I want him to finish the early years, and he did not need to write the royal rangers series.

I want him to write 1 more book where all the characters get together to fight the temaji again, when they come back. (Halt said they might)

Have you read Return of the Temujai from Brotherband?

Ooh, I love his books! Here are my answers to the questions in the OP.

1. It’s been too long since I read them....I like them all haha, but if I had to choose it would be the one where they meet Evelyn (that’s the princess’s name, right?). She’s cool. Or Erak’s Ransom.

2. Again, I love both, but probably Ranger’s Apprentice. I remember it better than Brotherband, plus...I just like it more haha.

3. Evelyn, Alyss, Will, and Hal are all pretty cool.

Also, fun facts about me reading these books. Halt’s Peril was the first book to make me cry (I was probably, like, 12 when I read it). And when I was reading the RA series, I accidentally skipped book seven (don’t ask me how, I have no idea. my best guess is that they didn’t have it checked in at the library so I just got the next book in the series I saw). So I read all of book 8 being super confused and only after I finished it did I realize I’d skipped a book, so I had to go back and read it. :lol:

Wow, this is making me realize how much I love these books, but also how much I’ve forgotten! I need to do a reread!

No, it did't. It is pretty good, and i'd definetly recomend it.

alright.

1) Probaly the battle for scandia.

2) hmmmm. this is hard. i cant answer. sorry.

3) Will or Halt. You cant not like will, and halt is just the best. 

Personally, i love the royal ranger. at first i hated it because i hated maddie, but then i started to like her so i liked the books.

8 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

No, it did't. It is pretty good, and i'd definetly recomend it.

alright.

1) Probaly the battle for scandia.

2) hmmmm. this is hard. i cant answer. sorry.

3) Will or Halt. You cant not like will, and halt is just the best. 

Personally, i love the royal ranger. at first i hated it because i hated maddie, but then i started to like her so i liked the books.

I love Maddie, I love Will, and I love Halt. I'm so envious of Alyss in the first books.

10 hours ago, bruh said:

Oh my gosh I LOVE ranger's apprentice and brotherband

(I think I like Ranger's Apprentice more tho)

BUT I cried SO much last time I read the royal ranger (like few years ago) so I haven't read any of the other royal ranger books.

I think the only ones I cried for were Emperor of Nihon-Ja and The Lost Stories.

I liked brotherband quite a bit better. I haven’t read royal ranger or anything past caldera, but my general opinion is that he got better as a writer and as a result, when he wasn’t shoehorned into writing the same characters I think he really grew and was able to just craft a better story. Haven’t read it in forever, though. My favorites are Battle for Skandia and Nihon-ja. For some reason Brotherband always blends into each other for me, so I don’t have a favorite.

3 hours ago, BreezeCauthon said:

Nope, there's another one. Not as good as the previous ones, though IMO its better than the most recent two Royal Ranger books.

*Gets it from the liabrary on e-book and is almost done.* I'll give my opinion once I am done. But if there is not a saga, I'm going to "metaphorically" strangle John Flanagan.

Edited by Shard of Reading

7 hours ago, Bearer of all agonies said:

Nice. Have you heard, there will be a royal ranger book four? It seems pretty good so far.

The premise seems really interesting. Can't wait for more jongleur Will. That was the best part of Sorcerer of the North (with the exception of Flanagan's greatest villain, Sir Keren).

So over the weekend I just finished Brotherband 8. My thoughts on it are follows.

Spoiler

Overall I really liked it, but I think that there should have been a big battle between the temajai and the skandians. I also think that the temajai should have seen the mangler and then copied it. I am really sad that the heron was destroyed. I almost cried. Also, I am really mad that there was no saga. I need another brotherband saga!!!!!! Overall I liked it. It's not his worst book but it's not his best. (It's definitely better than the caldera.)

4 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

So over the weekend I just finished Brotherband 8. My thoughts on it are follows.

Hide contents

Overall I really liked it, but I think that there should have been a big battle between the temajai and the skandians. I also think that the temajai should have seen the mangler and then copied it. I am really sad that the heron was destroyed. I almost cried. Also, I am really mad that there was no saga. I need another brotherband saga!!!!!! Overall I liked it. It's not his worst book but it's not his best. (It's definitely better than the caldera.)

I dunno, I think I liked The Caldera a little better.