So it has come to my attention that I am not the only person on the shard who likes John Flanagon and because he is one of my favorite non-sanderson authors I figured he needed a thread. If you have not read John Flanagan I recommend you start with the ruins of gorlan because nothing else is going to make sense.

If you have read John Flanagan I want to know:

1.  Faviorite book?
  2. Ranger's Apprentince or Brotherband?
  3. Faviorite character?

I've read Ranger's Apprentice, but it's been a while and I don't remember much. I think that series inspired one of my RP characters, though. Her name's Mania and she's a murderess and kills by stabbing someone behind the lower jaw, up into their mouth. Is there a character who does that? If I remember correctly, the character is some sort of witch or siren and has long, sharp nails, and almost attacks the protagonist. Am I thinking of the right book?

1 minute ago, DramaQueen said:

I've read Ranger's Apprentice, but it's been a while and I don't remember much. I think that series inspired one of my RP characters, though. Her name's Mania and she's a murderess and kills by stabbing someone behind the lower jaw, up into their mouth. Is there a character who does that? If I remember correctly, the character is some sort of witch or siren and has long, sharp nails, and almost attacks the protagonist. Am I thinking of the right book?

Nope. I can't think of anything quite so gruesome in Ranger's Apprentince.

10 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

So it has come to my attention that I am not the only person on the shard who likes John Flanagon and because he is one of my favorite non-sanderson authors I figured he needed a thread. If you have not read John Flanagan I recommend you start with the ruins of gorlan because nothing else is going to make sense.

1.  Faviorite book?
  3. Faviorite character?

1 RA7

2 Ranger's Apprentice

3 Alyss

I've read it and enjoyed it.

On 16/09/2020 at 7:27 AM, Shard of Reading said:

1.  Faviorite book?
  3. Faviorite character?

John Flanagan is AMAZING and I'm so glad this exists now.

1. Halt's Peril
  2. Ranger's Apprentice
  3. Alyss or Princess Maddie

On 9/16/2020 at 9:27 PM, Shard of Reading said:

1.  Faviorite book?
  3. Faviorite character?

Read as a child, love the books, return to them time and again, have them in different languages so I can learn.

1. Favourite would be Ruins of Gorlan. I just enjoy the early book coming-of-age feel.

2. Ranger's Apprentice hands down.

3. Halt, for sure.

On 9/16/2020 at 9:32 PM, DramaQueen said:

Any chance you're thinking of The Wardstone Chronicles here? Sounds like a Water Witch, which the protagonist, Spook's apprentice Tom Ward, has to fight off at some point.

Edited by Kasimir

7 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Any chance you're thinking of The Wardstone Chronicles here? Sounds like a Water Witch, which the protagonist, Spook's apprentice Tom Ward, has to fight off at some point.

Water Witch sounds right, but I don't remember reading anything called The Wardstone Chronicles... Do you mind telling me more about them? It's possible that I just forgot the title, wouldn't be the first time! :lol: