Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kingsdaughter613

Windrunner-Lightweaver Radiant?

7 posts in this topic

So I was using the Knight Radiant quiz to double check my guesses on various AC characters Knightly Orders. Most were fairly typical, but then I got this: 
0CC6DB3E-C316-4561-BB24-A42DD6424208.thumb.png.af14e5b6db094cfbcebe71a28c8a216b.png

So now I’m wondering if the Lightweaver/Windrunner combination would actually be possible. (This was Shay Cormac’s quiz, btw.)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

So I was using the Knight Radiant quiz to double check my guesses on various AC characters Knightly Orders. Most were fairly typical, but then I got this: 
0CC6DB3E-C316-4561-BB24-A42DD6424208.thumb.png.af14e5b6db094cfbcebe71a28c8a216b.png

So now I’m wondering if the Lightweaver/Windrunner combination would actually be possible. (This was Shay Cormac’s quiz, btw.)

Those are the top three I have, so I'm inclined to believe it's possible.

There are no direct contradictions on the oaths of the orders.

Seems to work for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

Those are the top three I have, so I'm inclined to believe it's possible.

There are no direct contradictions on the oaths of the orders.

Seems to work for me.

An honorable deceiver... I think it would require a pretty flexible Honorspren. Also worth noting the two types of Spren don't seem to like each other much.

Other weird things I noticed: most people ending up Skybreakers second as Stonewards and vice versa. I wouldn’t have made the connection, but it does make sense. Also: Windrunners and Willshapers (but not the other way around.)

Edited by Kingsdaughter613
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

An honorable deceiver... I think it would require a pretty flexible Honorspren. Also worth noting the two types of Spren don't seem to like each other much.

Other weird things I noticed: most people ending up Skybreakers second as Stonewards and vice versa. I wouldn’t have made the connection, but it does make sense. Also: Windrunners and Willshapers (but not the other way around.)

Lightweavers aren't necessarily deceivers,

They just often blur between truth and lies, 

This doesn't contradict honor,

They just don't match up perfectly. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

Lightweavers aren't necessarily deceivers,

They just often blur between truth and lies, 

This doesn't contradict honor,

They just don't match up perfectly. 

Masks seem to be part of their imagery though, and they make great spies. Which doesn’t mean they can’t be honorable, just that many Honorspren may not like the blurry lines.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Which doesn’t mean they can’t be honorable, just that many Honorspren may not like the blurry lines.

The Cryptics seems to have an appreciation for lies, but do no necessarily have anything against being truthful and honorable, so I could totally see this working dynamic working. The radiant working towards personal understanding through protecting others and being honorable in their ways.

The power sets could merge well, given some ingenuity, Illumination could work well with Lashings to make illusory images of yourself that you 'stick' to gemstones and Lash around the place to confuse enemies, you could Soulcast a stone box around any Heavenly Ones you encounter, removing them from the battle (Honorspren may not like that, though).

I would also be very curious to see the resonances that arise from the two usually separate power sets being combined in this manner.

WOB that this would work:

Quote

Questioner

If a Radiant uses an Honorblade or binds a second spren, could they get new abilities/resonances by having access to Surges that aren't usually combined?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, they could. Indeed.

San Diego [email protected] 2020 (July 23, 2020)

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not so much that I don’t think it could work, as that I don’t see the two Spren being willing to bond a person bound to the other. Honorspren really seem to dislike Cryptics, for some reason.

 

On a totally different trend, I’ve noticed that people who rank high as Skybreakers also rank high as Stonewards, and vice versa. It implies a similar mindset, which is quite interesting. Also, unless Windrunners tend to rank high as Stonewards UNLESS the Windrunner ranks high as a Willshaper. 
 

Willshapers and Lightweavers also tend to correlate for some reason. It’s pretty interesting. I have the different graphs on the fan stuff page, if you’d like to look.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.