Njvodin

Harmonium, flaring metals and Compounding

22 posts in this topic

@I think I am here. and I were discussing and thinking about what would happen if you flared a metal and used a primer cube. 

We know that Harmonium, used in a primer cube at least, reflects a metal being used around it. So, if you flared a metal while holding a primer cube, would the Harmonium burn up at the same rate you flared the metal, and produce the same output as the flared metal? For example, if you flared steel and used the primer cube, would the Harmonium burn up faster, and Push harder?

Another thing that he and I discussed, was if you used Compounding on the primer cube. Would the Feruchemical storage be replicated, and burnt through the Harmonium? That could produce some interesting effects, such as if you Compounded heat, and shoved it into the primer cube, would the cube act as a furnace, almost? And what if you burnt an iron metalmind? would that make the cube extremely heavy, able to crush your opponents if you threw it at them.

Obviously, some of these Compounding effects would just be wasted, like Steelrunning compounding used on the cube. The cube would just be fast? I guess? And zinc would make it smart?? 

Anyway, let me hear your theories too!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Njvodin said:

@I think I am here. and I were discussing and thinking about what would happen if you flared a metal and used a primer cube. 

We know that Harmonium, used in a primer cube at least, reflects a metal being used around it. So, if you flared a metal while holding a primer cube, would the Harmonium burn up at the same rate you flared the metal, and produce the same output as the flared metal? For example, if you flared steel and used the primer cube, would the Harmonium burn up faster, and Push harder?

Another thing that he and I discussed, was if you used Compounding on the primer cube. Would the Feruchemical storage be replicated, and burnt through the Harmonium? That could produce some interesting effects, such as if you Compounded heat, and shoved it into the primer cube, would the cube act as a furnace, almost? And what if you burnt an iron metalmind? would that make the cube extremely heavy, able to crush your opponents if you threw it at them.

Obviously, some of these Compounding effects would just be wasted, like Steelrunning compounding used on the cube. The cube would just be fast? I guess? And zinc would make it smart?? 

Anyway, let me hear your theories too!

What would happen if you burned harmonium while holding a primer cube?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

What would happen if you burned harmonium while holding a primer cube?

We don't even know what it does normally.

4 hours ago, Njvodin said:

Another thing that he and I discussed, was if you used Compounding on the primer cube. Would the Feruchemical storage be replicated, and burnt through the Harmonium? That could produce some interesting effects, such as if you Compounded heat, and shoved it into the primer cube, would the cube act as a furnace, almost? And what if you burnt an iron metalmind? would that make the cube extremely heavy, able to crush your opponents if you threw it at them.

Probably.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

What would happen if you burned harmonium while holding a primer cube?

Trick is, you cannot swallow Harmonium, because it will explode in contact with your salvia. So its almost impossible to burn Harmonium allomanticly, even tough probably has some allomantic properties.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bzhydack said:

Trick is, you cannot swallow Harmonium, because it will explode in contact with your salvia. So its almost impossible to burn Harmonium allomanticly, even tough probably has some allomantic properties.

If you had Bloodmaking Compounding, it would be possible to heal enough to burn the harmonium, assuming it's not all blown up. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could coat the harmonium in a substance that slowly dissolves at 80 or so degrees, much colder than the heat of the human body, as it dissolved you'd be able to burn the harmonium.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

You could coat the harmonium in a substance that slowly dissolves at 80 or so degrees, much colder than the heat of the human body, as it dissolved you'd be able to burn the harmonium.

...gallium?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Halyo_Alex said:

...gallium?

Well that's not good to ingest, either that or surround it in thick layers of rice paper. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

Well that's not good to ingest, either that or surround it in thick layers of rice paper. 

Nor is a metal that explodes in contact with water! :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Nor is a metal that explodes in contact with water! :P

That's why this is entirely theoretical. :P

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

be a fullborn or, half-bloodmaker, and then try it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frustration said:

be a fullborn or, half-bloodmaker, and then try it.

the real issue is would healing yourself constantly provide enough water to the harmonium to fully react before you can burn it

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Halyo_Alex said:

the real issue is would healing yourself constantly provide enough water to the harmonium to fully react before you can burn it

Alright, be Fullborn, store bendalloy to eliminate excess fluid, and compound gold.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Alright, be Fullborn, store bendalloy to eliminate excess fluid, and compound gold.

That is a big brain idea

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Frustration said:

Alright, be Fullborn, store bendalloy to eliminate excess fluid, and compound gold.

How to burn Harmonium (Ettmetal): Be one of the most powerful beings in the Cosmere (Shards not included), and use hacks in a magic system to bypass all chance of death. Seems plausible to occur :P

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoid could do it! He's a Mistborn so he could burn it, and he's got his crazy healing abilities so he could survive it.

Edited by ftl
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m calling it now, burning Harmonium creates instant noodles. It makes perfect sense. We have absolutely no idea what it does, so it’s probably weird. Hoid is the only one who could possibly burn it, so it is plausible that it’s related to him. One of Hoid’s goals is to get instant noodles. It all makes perfect sense. 

Spoiler

I am so sorry, this thread is incredibly off topic. 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Danex said:

I’m calling it now, burning Harmonium creates instant noodles. It makes perfect sense. We have absolutely no idea what it does, so it’s probably weird. Hoid is the only one who could possibly burn it, so it is plausible that it’s related to him. One of Hoid’s goals is to get instant noodles. It all makes perfect sense. 

  Hide contents

I am so sorry, this thread is incredibly off topic. 

 

This is plausible, and makes more sense than anything i've seen in these forums. I applaud you

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Frustration said:

Alright, be Fullborn, store bendalloy to eliminate excess fluid, and compound gold.

 

8 hours ago, Realmatic Shadow said:

How to burn Harmonium (Ettmetal): Be one of the most powerful beings in the Cosmere (Shards not included), and use hacks in a magic system to bypass all chance of death. Seems plausible to occur :P

I wonder if being SandMaster can help. I mean, SandMaster can dehyrate himself on purpose. But now we run into other problem - we need Mistborn and Sandmaster. The simplest solution is travel as Mistborn  on Taldain and kill SandMaster with hemalurgic spike, stealing his power. Then dehydrate himself and burn Harmonium.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could coat it in wax, so that it will not come in direct contact with digestive juices, and burn it before the wax dissolves.  Also, flaring duralumin might let you burn the whole thing instantly.  Also, you could use an unkeyed goldmind to heal from while you burn it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brgst13 said:

Also, flaring duralumin might let you burn the whole thing instantly.

I wouldn't recommend duralumin burning a metal with unknown effects, personally.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Realmatic Shadow said:

I wouldn't recommend duralumin burning a metal with unknown effects, personally.

For Science!

...I think that's a way Hoid could do it now. Create a bit of Harmonium covered in some other allomantic metal that burns quick. Swallow the pellet, and then duralumin-burn both of them away in an instant, so that you can burn the Harmonium before it touches the water in your body. Hope to survive the resulting whatever-the-hell using incredible-healing powers.

So there is someone in the cosmere who could do it.

Edited by ftl
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.