The Person Below Me

1 hour ago, The One Ring said:

No, I did see it, plus gave it a rep, but I didn't comment on it. I don't really comment on things a lot these days, the art is awesome tho.

TPBM is using their PC to access the Shard.

Thank you for the compliment!

1 hour ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

True

TPBM has never read Elantris

False, I have. How else was I to acquire a Seon?

TPBM wants a Seon.

10 minutes ago, More Cynical Than Funny said:

Wait

What?

[Brandon Shardcast]

Reveal hidden contents

I think I just found Kelsier guys...

True

TPBM has read The Lord of The Rings

Yes, I have. Also, I’m a girl and Kelsier can’t visit Sel. I do like playing him though - he’s fun!

TPBM wants my Kelsier Mistbear:584FE8F1-617C-4706-A8F7-CB6EC1FBD85B.thumb.jpeg.678204ae1a04dccd93656c306b610a59.jpeg

34 minutes ago, The One Ring said:

I have no idea what that is

TPBM know what that is and would kindly explain it to me

image.thumb.jpg.443902a0d7c48aa3fd1bfbd8c9a9ce6b.jpg

Crafty makes a Mistborn board game. Mistborn House War and its expansion, The Siege of Luthadel. I haven’t played the expansion yet (it only just arrived yesterday) but the original game is a lot of fun.

The rules are a bit complicated, but not bad once you get used to them. Basically, you have to solve problems with resources. You get resources depending on which House card you start with. You get Prestige points for solving problems and disgrace points for various reasons. You create alliances with other players to solve problems. If the game ends with less than 8 unrest or by solving the Vin problem, the Final Empire survives and the player with the most prestige points wins. If unrest goes over 8 the Final Empire collapses and the player with the least Prestige wins.

We play it with my son, which is why he knows who Kell and Vin are. My husband and I have an ongoing alliance to bring down the Final Empire which we have successfully done every game so far. My son has been getting rather annoyed about it (he’s seven and has not read TFE.) Siege of Luthadel has you playing to attack or defend the city, so my son should be happy. I’m planning to play defense.

TPBM now wants to get this game.

Edited by Kingsdaughter613

50 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

image.thumb.jpg.443902a0d7c48aa3fd1bfbd8c9a9ce6b.jpg

Crafty makes a Mistborn board game. Mistborn House War and its expansion, The Siege of Luthadel. I haven’t played the expansion yet (it only just arrived yesterday) but the original game is a lot of fun.

The rules are a bit complicated, but not bad once you get used to them. Basically, you have to solve problems with resources. You get resources depending on which House card you start with. You get Prestige points for solving problems and disgrace points for various reasons. You create alliances with other players to solve problems. If the game ends with less than 8 unrest or by solving the Vin problem, the Final Empire survives and the player with the most prestige points wins. If unrest goes over 8 the Final Empire collapses and the player with the least Prestige wins.

We play it with my son, which is why he knows who Kell and Vin are. My husband and I have an ongoing alliance to bring down the Final Empire which we have successfully done every game so far. My son has been getting rather annoyed about it (he’s seven and has not read TFE.) Siege of Luthadel has you playing to attack or defend the city, so my son should be happy. I’m planning to play defense.

TPBM now wants to get this game.

Yes.

The person below me has seen at least one episode of a tv show which aired before 1990.

5 minutes ago, Chinkoln said:

Not exactly. My brother is reading Words of Radiance right now. After I saw this post I went and checked, and he is about 50 pages away from this scene for the first time!!!

TPBM is a ventriloquist

I wish. Then I could frighten my son back into bed at night by making him think I’m standing right behind him.

TPBM wishes seven year old boys would go to bed without complaint and stay there until morning.

8 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I wish. Then I could frighten my son back into bed at night by making him think I’m standing right behind him.

TPBM wishes seven year old boys would go to bed without complaint and stay there until morning.

I feel like I learned a lot about you from that post, yet somehow I feel like I didn't learn anything. Sadly, I don't have any children but based observations of some of my siblings when they were younger, yes, I would agree with that.

TPBM doesn't like french fries

8 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

By "Morning" do you mean a reasonable time, or any time after midnight? Because that is how my brother seems to define it.

TPBM wants the SA call to adventure game.

Definitely a reasonable time. Though he’s usually out by 12. 11... not so much.

5 minutes ago, Trutharchivist said:

Well, it appears someone was ninja'd here. I do like french fries, and I'm not sure about SA call to adventure.

TPBM is somewhere where there's snow. (It's been a little long since the last time we had snow here, and now it's finally here again!).

Yep! Snowy New York!

15 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I cannot give any opinion on that, as I have never tried it. I assume it would be rather gross.

TPBM has had to shovel at least once every day this week.

Someday, when you have your own kids (assuming you want them) you will!

And, nope! That’s what husbands are for.

TPBM is married.