Confirmation of the Shardplate Theory?

ILuvHats

I just saw this WoB.

Valerie Jackson

What Order of Knights Radiant did Dalinar's plate come from?

Brandon Sanderson

I will RAFO that. Let's leave that alone for now. We're not talking a lot about Plate. You deserve a nice can of Read and Find Out. We'll start talking about...

We don't even really know where Shardplate comes from. It's all a mystery! Was Shardplate even from a Knight, ever piece of it? We don't know where it comes from!

(The cosmerenauts all know, they've figured it out. But we're just gonna pretend that they don't know.)

It sounds like this is Brandon confirming the predominant theory on the Shard about shardplate. And that’s of course the idea that each Radiant order has a specific type of subspren, a group of which can manifest in the physical realm as Shardplate. It is a little ambiguous as he doesn’t directly specify which theory, but is there really any other way to interpret Brandon’s words?

27 minutes ago, ILuvHats said:

I just saw this WoB.

It sounds like this is Brandon confirming the predominant theory on the Shard about shardplate. And that’s of course the idea that each Radiant order has a specific type of subspren, a group of which can manifest in the physical realm as Shardplate. It is a little ambiguous as he doesn’t directly specify which theory, but is there really any other way to interpret Brandon’s words?

I'm sure that the reason he doesn't outright say it is because it's going to be directly revealed in Rhythms of War