The Fellowship of the Thing - Side Tales (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

39 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

If I recall correctly, she came here, went back to the main thread, and then sort of dropped out of the story.

To be honest, I don't know if I'm in the right mindset to RP her right now anyway, I want to, but I don't know if I can.

• 2 months later...

Alright! Read through the entire thing. I'm going to take Fish's characters, but will demote them to NPCs and instead introduce a new villain for the RP, one of mine own making, so I don't have to work with the Fish's Red Fishies. I'll transition into it, I think I have a character in my inventory I'll use.

Null seems fairly busy/inactive, and I'm currently reaching out to double check if they'll be participating or not. Until then we can continue as needed.

Now, for TLDRs...

Plot (Past):
I blew through the beginning pretty fast, but basically a load of people met each other. Venten (Frustration) had some plans for a very powerful cosmere weapon, and Kacen (I Am A Fish) showed up to coerce him into giving him the plans, which quickly just turned into him killing everyone. Couple on/off chases over a few days, and ultimately Miera (Negative_Null) was taken and brought onto an otherworldly flying ship into the Cognitive Realm. Unable to access it, the plot stagnates until the introduction of Chris (Fadran), with some multiversal magic teleporter—which will also take them to the Cognitive Realm.

Plot (Now):
They've literally just gone through Chris's portal to the Cognitive Realm. It was said that the ship was to head toward "Delta Base," and presumedly has been for several days, so I'd wager you're out of luck if you're expecting it to be right there. It's gone-a-ways, but I'll just say not too far... for the sake of plot convenience.

Elephant in the Room:
I thought this had been dead for a couple months... but nope. Pretty much nothing's happened for like eight months now. People's lives and schedules will have changed, so I'll tag some of the previously active people, and we shall gauge interest in continuing the RP.

Previously Actives...

@Frustration (Venten), @Condensation (Noche w/Luz), @Channelknight Fadran (Chris), @Matrim's Dice (Philico)

Potentially Actives...

@Negative_Null (Miera), @Vapor (Ammon + his army of children)

People Who Technically Left, Never Rejoined, But At One Point A Long Time Ago Expressed Interest In Possibly Rejoining...

@Danex (Radriarc)

Now, for the RP.

The party appears in the Cognitive Realm. Luckily, the teleporter had taken them to the nearest land, since land and water were inverted in the Cognitive Realm. Oceans of beads stretched along the horizon, and strange, black plants grew under their feet. Thin clouds in straight lines crossed the sky.

Unfortunately, there were no airships in sight.

31 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

party appears in the Cognitive Realm. Luckily, the teleporter had taken them to the nearest land, since land and water were inverted in the Cognitive Realm. Oceans of beads stretched along the horizon, and strange, black plants grew under their feet. Thin clouds in straight lines crossed the sky.

Unfortunately, there were no airships in sight.

Why thank you

Venten took a deep breath. "Home sweet home."

I think the original plan with Chris' portal was to connect this thread with the main FotT thread, which is kind of funny since it just split into the Earth one. Pretty sure that's changed now, and this probably works better anyway.

I've historically been really bad at doing two RPs at once but we'll see how this goes...

The second the mists of Scadrial's Cognitive Realm came into view, Philico had to fight the urge to immediately head back the direction of his homeland. He had made a promise to stay and help these people, and he usually made sure to keep his word.

"Home sweet home." said Venten, next to him.

Philico snorted. "You don't know half as much about this place as I do."

21 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"You might have knowlegde. I have understanding."

Philico raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. The Cognitive Realm had been the place he spent most of his time in for at least the past few centuries, so he doubted that. But it was best not to make this an argument.

As they look around, they might notice a very small hut a bit further inland. AKA I'll have an NPC (or character) there that may have seen an airship fly by not so long ago.

Kacen stood near the front of the airship, two guards by his side. He stared into the ocean of beads, pondering. Something about him felt different, but he couldn't quite place a finger on it.

He heard the sound of footsteps running across the deck behind him, and he turned around to see a messenger walking up to him.

"What is it?"

"Sir! We... might have a situation."

Kacen growled. "What is it?" he repeated.

An explosion rocked the airship as it started to spin, losing altitude, dropping towards the sea of beads below.

Oh, yeah... I have plans.

4 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Kacen stood near the front of the airship, two guards by his side. He stared into the ocean of beads, pondering. Something about him felt different, but he couldn't quite place a finger on it.

He heard the sound of footsteps running across the deck behind him, and he turned around to see a messenger walking up to him.

"What is it?"

"Sir! We... might have a situation."

Kacen growled. "What is it?" he repeated.

An explosion rocked the airship as it started to spin, losing altitude, dropping towards the sea of beads below.

good.

Venten nudged the sleepless, pointing to the hut.

"Do you know who lives there."

26 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Venten nudged the sleepless, pointing to the hut.

"Do you know who lives there."

"No." Philico replied simply. "I've never been to this exact spot. I tend to stick to the more established routes in between Perpendicularities, and this is far from those.

"Do you?"

1 minute ago, Matrim's Dice said:

"No." Philico replied simply. "I've never been to this exact spot. I tend to stick to the more established routes in between Perpendicularities, and this is far from those.

"Do you?"

"No, but it looks like an IRE lodging I know on Roshar."

Venten went to tap sight, but found his tinminds empty, causing him to go over a quick inventory.

Brass and Iron, that was it. He had used up everything else.

"Well, we can go check what it is, without sight of the ship that direction is as good as any."

Kacen ran below the deck. Was this Venten and his group already? He smiled. At least he had another chance to kill them again.

The ship continued in a slow motion, spiraling fall. They had some time, but he did not want to get stuck under the beads. Then there wouldn't be an escape.

"Get this ship back in the air!" he shouted. "Where did the explosion come from?"

"Someone's inside the ship!" an engineer shouted back. "In the engine room!"

Kacen cursed and ran down the stairs, spikes ready.

Neon walks down the corridor, laughing to himself, a path of dead lying in his wake. His dress shirt had managed to remain impeccable, which was perfect. He Awakened his tie, whispered its Command, and tossed it at the final remaining guard. It wrapped around his neck and he fell to the ground, choking. Neon joined in on the fun, kicking him, positively delighted at his suffering. The man fell still.

Neon kicked him one last time for good measure, then gently approached the room that this captive was staying at...

It's not very likely that Null will come back very soon—do I NPC Miera, ignore her? I might be able to squeak by with as little control over her as possible. But at this point, the plot is we're rescuing a mute dummy.

Also, character creator of Neon.

Spoiler

NeonSmol.png.8faf72e99d2a6a0001a6b878e10543db.png

5 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

Kacen ran below the deck. Was this Venten and his group already? He smiled. At least he had another chance to kill them again.

The ship continued in a slow motion, spiraling fall. They had some time, but he did not want to get stuck under the beads. Then there wouldn't be an escape.

"Get this ship back in the air!" he shouted. "Where did the explosion come from?"

Neon walks down the corridor, laughing to himself, a path of dead lying in his wake. His dress shirt had managed to remain impeccable, which was perfect. He Awakened his tie, whispered its Command, and tossed it at the final remaining guard. It wrapped around his neck and he fell to the ground, choking. Neon joined in on the fun, kicking him, positively delighted at his suffering. The man fell still.

Neon kicked him one last time for good measure, then gently approached the room that this captive was staying at...

Null's been off for over a month, we'll go with minimal npcness but feel free to procede

18 minutes ago, Knight of Iron said:

He knocked on the door. As expected, there wasn't any answer. But Neon still thought it'd be polite. He kicked open the door and took a step into the cell.

"Quite roomy," he commented to the captive inside. Some young girl. Of course it'd be a young girl.

There was a voice behind him. "You!?"

He turned and smiled big. "Nice to finally meet you!"

The man with the spiky, lavender hair with an insane glint in his eye smiled at him. "Nice to finally meet you!"

Kacen had heard of this man. A man who completely under the radar to even the smarter civilizations, a man whose existence was only a myth to the average worldhopper—or, at least, those who hadn't bought from him. A man who went by only one name to his buyers.

Apex. Neon Apex. The cosmere salesman.

He almost laughed at the thought that Apex thought he could steal from him, from the Master. Three foot-long spikes impaled themselves into the wall behind him, giving him a platform he could Push off of. And he smiled.

"You can forget your plans for this girl," Neon called. "I know the scope of this organization."

The man Neon knew as Kacen just kept smiling. "If only you did. Your mind is too limited to understand its true scope."

Neon shook his head. "This ship is Scadrian, no? But it's not! It's not from this world. And neither is your organization. And neither is this girl." He gestured to the captive.

Kacen faltered. "Is she what you came for? Really?"

Neon shrugged. "She'd make a fine addition to my collection. And I hear a certain Venten is after her. You seem to have failed spectacular at getting any weapon designs from him, unfortunately, or I'd be here for those, too. Good luck keeping this ship afloat, though."

With that, he grabbed the girl and Pushed off of Kacen's spikes, heading straight backwards through the wall, and sent the two of them hurling out over the ocean of beads.

Kacen cursed, but his spikes he had placed were through the wall now, no longer having any footing. He ran to the hole that Apex had made and shot several spikes in their direction. The man was an idiot!

To his surprise, he saw no one out there. Apex might have some powers, but he was ultimately just a salesman... right? He must've fallen straight into the beads beneath.

Before Kacen could do anything else, a giant and much larger BOOOOM rocked the ship, and it took a direct nosedive into the ocean.

If Fish miraculously returns and wishes to continue as Kacen and this organization, he can feel free to rescue them from their demise. But until then, I'm not going to use it very much.