The Fellowship of the Thing - Side Tales (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

On 10/21/2020 at 0:41 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I... guess we could try to find your companions first. I'd just have to tell him that I'm gonna be late to our rendez-vous."

Radriarc sighed. “Thank you. You’ll be glad we went to get them, Venten is a Worldhopping scholar too, and he knows even more than me. I’m sure he’ll be ecstatic at the opportunity to work on some Macrosmos-wise scholarship project.” His face suddenly fell. “If he’s alive that is.”

He shook his head. “Anyways, you wouldn’t happen to have one of those new Automobile things would you? Would make getting back over there a lot faster.”

My current idea here is for Radriarc and Chris to be attacked by some horrible monster thing again, perhaps on their way back to the group? Who’s currently in charge of that plotline, is it Frustration? Also, Chris doesn’t have any powers right?

Just now, Danex said:

Radriarc sighed. “Thank you. You’ll be glad we went to get them, Venten is a Worldhopping scholar too, and he knows even more than me. I’m sure he’ll be ecstatic at the opportunity to work on some Macrosmos-wise scholarship project.” His face suddenly fell. “If he’s alive that is.”

He shook his head. “Anyways, you wouldn’t happen to have one of those new Automobile things would you? Would make getting back over there a lot faster.”

"I have more than an automobile. How do you feel about teleportation?"

Sure. And Chris doesn't have any powers as far as I've developed him.

1 minute ago, Condensation said:

Well, Meira is in a giant airship that's now in the Cognitive Realm, so Ammon, Venten(?), Philico, and Noche are chilling in a warehouse after trying to rescue her and failing.

Those names mean nothing to me. I haven't followed this thread at all.

But thanks!

2 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Meira=Null from WoT, Ammon=Vapor with child army, Venten=Frustration who's a dad, Philico=Mat but Sleepless, Noche=Connie but insane person w/ Aviar.

Nice. Sounds like a fun group. Is there by any chance a storm happening right now? Or a storm coming soon? Could there be a storm happening right now or coming soon? Would that fit with the current plot? Is there a chance that my character would be near this warehouse?

Just now, DramaQueen said:

Nice. Sounds like a fun group. Is there by any chance a storm happening right now? Or a storm coming soon? Could there be a storm happening right now or coming soon? Would that fit with the current plot? Is there a chance that my character would be near this warehouse?

Storm? Sure. I'll have Noche mention it.

Luz is Noche's older brother who died with her mother, she thinks that he's still alive but you can't see him.

Luz spoke up. "Hey, there's a storm coming soon. I can feel it."

Noche had settled in by now, creating a small place near the wall to rest. She was still keeping an eye on the others. "A storm?"

"Yes, can't you sense it?"

Now that he said it, she could. Something about the air and the sounds from outside.

12 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Luz spoke up. "Hey, there's a storm coming soon. I can feel it."

Noche had settled in by now, creating a small place near the wall to rest. She was still keeping an eye on the others. "A storm?"

"Yes, can't you sense it?"

Now that he said it, she could. Something about the air and the sounds from outside.

Philico looked out the warehouse window, artificial eyes fixed on the dark clouds on the horizon. A storm was brewing. It would be nothing compared to the highstorms he was familiar with, but would be enough to keep most of Elendel inside for the night.

He sighed, walking over to where Venten leaned against the wall, head bowed. Philico felt sorry for the man, and took responsibility for his grief and the failure of their plan. Now that the airship had slipped into the Cognitive Realm, it could be anywhere. Saving Meira was growing more unlikely with every passing minute.

Philico squatted down next to the man, and leaned in close. “Venten,” he began, “I’m going to scout the city tonight, with some hordelings. I think you mentioned something about a third party, or another friend who is not here? Perhaps if you were to give me his description, I could bring him here. I’ll also keep a lookout for men dressed in red, like the man who took Meira. Does that sound fine?” Philico nearly snorted; he almost felt as if he were comforting a child. Venten didn’t deserve that.

Before waiting to hear an answer, Philico split off about two dozen hordelings from his main consciousness, sending them out into the streets and down separate streets. If Venten humored him with a description, they’d have a specific task. For now, there was nothing a little free-range scouting could hurt.

Above, rain fell in a steady rhythm, pouring from the sky. Lamenting Venten and his loss. Dampening the ground, moisturizing the air. Setting the scene for a low chapter in the history of Scadrial, which Philico felt would be decided, one way or another, within what seemed a heartbeat.

(@Frustration, @DramaQueen)

Hey! Sorry I was inactive here for a bit, hoping this week goes better!

So I’m thinking Philico finds Danex’s character, which I can’t remember their name spelling, whenever the timeline is most benefited. Hopefully Chris can take the whole party to Fadran and he can help them find Meira, or something like that.

In the mean time, Philico can bump into Queen’s character, whoever that is. Sound good?

26 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Philico looked out the warehouse window, artificial eyes fixed on the dark clouds on the horizon. A storm was brewing. It would be nothing compared to the highstorms he was familiar with, but would be enough to keep most of Elendel inside for the night.

He sighed, walking over to where Venten leaned against the wall, head bowed. Philico felt sorry for the man, and took responsibility for his grief and the failure of their plan. Now that the airship had slipped into the Cognitive Realm, it could be anywhere. Saving Meira was growing more unlikely with every passing minute.

Philico squatted down next to the man, and leaned in close. “Venten,” he began, “I’m going to scout the city tonight, with some hordelings. I think you mentioned something about a third party, or another friend who is not here? Perhaps if you were to give me his description, I could bring him here. I’ll also keep a lookout for men dressed in red, like the man who took Meira. Does that sound fine?” Philico nearly snorted; he almost felt as if he were comforting a child. Venten didn’t deserve that.

Before waiting to hear an answer, Philico split off about two dozen hordelings from his main consciousness, sending them out into the streets and down separate streets. If Venten humored him with a description, they’d have a specific task. For now, there was nothing a little free-range scouting could hurt.

Above, rain fell in a steady rhythm, pouring from the sky. Lamenting Venten and his loss. Dampening the ground, moisturizing the air. Setting the scene for a low chapter in the history of Scadrial, which Philico felt would be decided, one way or another, within what seemed a heartbeat.

(@Frustration, @DramaQueen)

"yeah, yeah that will work."

Venten mumbled a description of Radriac, to Philico, but he was thinking. Miera needed to get home, he knew all too well how the Cosmere treated the unprepared.

Where there any Nicrocil compounders in the village? or some way he could buy a lot of bendalloy? neither was likely.

Harmonies perpendicularity was out of the way but it might be the best option.

Harmony, he thought, what do I do?

Venten had found a small frog outside and held it in his hands while he molded a loose nail with his brass heated hand.

Venten took a steadying breath and stabbed the frog with the nail, a nail he had ensured, was pure iron.

Venten removed his spike from the frog and held it counting. Venten had previously done several experiments with this and knew roughly how long to wait to avoid the negetive effects but also gain the benefits he wanted. 

When he had waited the right amount of time Venten placed the Spike in his ear.

Harmony?

Nothing, had he waited too long?

I am always listening Child, what is it?

Venten relaxed

I don't know what to do, Miera has been taken to the Cognitive realm and I don't know how to get there in time, what do I do?

Wait, there are some people coming, who you should meet.

Will they help me?

But to the Harmony did not respond. 

On 10/23/2020 at 1:04 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"A teleporter. A device that transports you where you want to go instantaneously. Kind of like the Oathgates on Roshar?"

“Oh.” Radriarc suddenly looks very nervous. “Can we....not use one of those?” They're just on the other side of the city, cmon, let’s walk.”

Random throwaway post just in case Fadran wants to post again... I do this a lot.

Noche woke up when Alba landed on her shoulder. She had been dozing and she had slipped into this terrible dream. She shuddered, dislodging Alba. Not thinking about that. She stretched and looked over to the others.

• 2 weeks later...