The Fellowship of the Thing - Side Tales (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Radriac gasps.

“Functional Synthetic Shardblades?! So there’s no Nahel Bond? I’ve heard rumors of things like that on Nathalis, but they always seemed like one time things. Something that couldn’t be repeated. But 4 of them! If they managed to make some, why do they need your notes? Are there any more?”

Mentally, Radriarc shrugged. If he’d already revealed that he was Cosmere-Aware, there was no point of denying it further.

10 minutes ago, Vapor said:

"Uh... Help?" the boy called, turning away from the alleyway.

“Uh you said there were more operatives in the area? I don’t suppose someone yelling for help would alert them, would it? We need to hide, now. I think I know a place, c’mon.”

Edited by Danex

2 minutes ago, Danex said:

Radriac gasps.

“Functional Synthetic Shardblades?! So there’s no Nahel Bond? I’ve heard rumors of things like that on Nathalis, but they always seemed like one time things. Something that couldn’t be repeated. But 4 of them! If they managed to make some, why do they need your notes? Are there any more?”

Mentally, Radriarc shrugged. If he’d already revealed that he was Cosmere-Aware, there was no point of denying it further.

“Uh you said there were more operatives in the area? I don’t suppose someone yelling for help would alert them, would it? We need to hide, now. I think I know a place, c’mon.”

Venten followed to mentally tired to argue at this point.

15 minutes ago, Vapor said:

The boy looked at them suspiciously. "Yeah, right. Help! Murderers!"

Radriarc ran up to the boy and spoke softly and intensely.

“Listen here, we did not kill these men. But their associates will think so. I’d be willing to bet they have scouts in this area, already reporting that some of their operatives are down. Do you want to know who will be included in that report? Me, him, the girl,...and you. Now, do you really think it’s a good idea to be calling attention to yourself when there are people willing to operate well outside of the law coming directly for us? If you want to live, you need to come with us, now.”

15 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Venten followed to mentally tired to argue at this point.

Radriarc led the group to an abandoned building tucked in an unnoticeable spot a few blocks away. It wasn’t enormous, but it was very spacious. It would have resembled a small warehouse, if it wasn’t for the fine oak floors and the skylights in the ceiling. 

“I passed this building earlier as I was wandering the city. Some locals told me this is an old Church of the Survivor. There used to be dozens of pews lining this room. It only has rectangular skylights instead of the now traditional glass dome. When a more modern church was build a few streets over, this one fell into disrepair. Now, nobody comes in, I think the church just uses it for storage. We should be safe here, at least for now.”

Radriarc turned to the girl.

“I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced. I’m Radriarc.”

Edited by Danex

13 minutes ago, Danex said:

“Listen here, we did not kill these men. But their associates will think so. I’d be willing to bet they have scouts in this area, already reporting that some of their operatives are down. Do you want to know who will be included in that report? Me, him, the girl,...and you. Now, do you really think it’s a good idea to be calling attention to yourself when there are people willing to operate well outside of the law coming directly for us? If you want to live, you need to come with us, now.”

Radriarc led the group to an abandoned building tucked in an unnoticeable spot a few blocks away. It wasn’t enormous, but it was very spacious. It would have resembled a small warehouse, if it wasn’t for the fine oak floors and the skylights in the ceiling. 

“I passed this building earlier as I was wandering the city. Some locals told me this is an old Church of the Survivor. There used to be dozens of pews lining this room. It only has rectangular skylights instead of the now traditional glass dome. When a more modern church was build a few streets over, this one fell into disrepair. Now, nobody comes in, I think the church just uses it for storage. We should be safe here, at least for now.”

Venten spoke, "My ultimate weapon wasn't a synthetic shardblade."

41 minutes ago, Danex said:

"What in the world are you talking about? Shardblades? Bonds? Cosmere? I knew I'd gone too far, but I didn't know places this strange existed. I'm Miera."

18 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"What in the world are you talking about? Shardblades? Bonds? Cosmere? I knew I'd gone too far, but I didn't know places this strange existed. I'm Miera."

“Yeah, you wouldn’t understand those terms if you were a native Scadrian, and yet, I get the feeling you’re confused for a whole different reason. Where...where are you from Miera?”

46 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Venten spoke, "My ultimate weapon wasn't a synthetic shardblade."

“Oh dang.”

Hey fish, I just realized, you’re actually in a really good position to be a 3rd party Antagonist right now. You killed those guys, thereby framing us for murder, and getting us all tied up in this in the first place, you’re powerful, powerful enough to take us all on, and you have a striking look, the red suit and all.
You’d definitely need to balance your character a bit in that case, we want villains to be powerful, but still not that powerful. but if that’s something your interested in, you’re in a pretty good position for it. 

Edited by Danex

19 minutes ago, Danex said:

“Yeah, you wouldn’t understand those terms if you were a native Scadrian, and yet, I get the feeling you’re confused for a whole different reason. Where...where are you from Miera?”

“Oh dang.”

"I designed a fabrial, with one purpose, detect investiture use that wasn't connected to the fabrial, and nullify it.

That way only one side had access to invested arts."

It was the perfect weapon, too perfect. They would never let him escape now, not until they had it.

49 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"I designed a fabrial, with one purpose, detect investiture use that wasn't connected to the fabrial, and nullify it.

That way only one side had access to invested arts."

It was the perfect weapon, too perfect. They would never let him escape now, not until they had it.

“So it’s sort of like Allomantic Chromium? But long range? Wow. That’d decimate a battlefield. Well, I’m glad we managed to get out of there before they could get it.”

“Speaking of Investiture, what type do you have? I saw you floating down from the tower, and I think I saw you pull out a time bubble in the sewer. Are you an F-Iron A-Bendalloy twinborn?”

5 hours ago, Danex said:

“So it’s sort of like Allomantic Chromium? But long range? Wow. That’d decimate a battlefield. Well, I’m glad we managed to get out of there before they could get it.”

“Speaking of Investiture, what type do you have? I saw you floating down from the tower, and I think I saw you pull out a time bubble in the sewer. Are you an F-Iron A-Bendalloy twinborn?”

"Halfborn, that's my name for it anyway.

I'm a Feruchemist-slider. And you?'

8 hours ago, Danex said:

“Listen here, we did not kill these men. But their associates will think so. I’d be willing to bet they have scouts in this area, already reporting that some of their operatives are down. Do you want to know who will be included in that report? Me, him, the girl,...and you. Now, do you really think it’s a good idea to be calling attention to yourself when there are people willing to operate well outside of the law coming directly for us? If you want to live, you need to come with us, now."

The boy gulped and followed Radriarc nervously.

8 hours ago, Danex said:

“Oh dang.”

"I'm from, uh, Fayardelain." she self-consciously tugs at the sleeves of her cloak. "It's a smaller village near Caemlyn. Where did you say we were again?"

YES Fish! Be the antagonist!

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

I'm a Feruchemist-slider. And you?'

“Oh, I’m not an investiture user.” The lie rolled off Radriarc’s tongue quite easily. 

28 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"I'm from, uh, Fayardelain." she self-consciously tugs at the sleeves of her cloak. "It's a smaller village near Caemlyn. Where did you say we were again?"

That’s what I was afraid of. We are in the city of Elendel, on the planet Scadrial, in the universe The Cosmere. 

Just now, Danex said:

“Oh, I’m not an investiture user.” The lie rolled off Radriarc’s tongue quite easily. 

That’s what I was afraid of. We are in the city of Elendel, on the planet Scadrial, in the universe The Cosmere. 

"Oh." She touches the amulet again. "Sounds like this went badly."

She buries her face in her hands and mutters "Should...Marin Sed-" before starting to cry softly.

Just now, Negative_Null said:

"Oh." She touches the amulet again. "Sounds like this went badly."

She buries her face in her hands and mutters "Should...Marin Sed-" before starting to cry softly.

Pity filled Venten, he had been there, three months ago. The first time he had been on his own in over a decade. 

Venten walked over an embraced this young girl, who had been through so much more than she deserved.

Venten tapped a little brass for warmth,

"It's ok, where are you from? I'm sure we can find a way to get you home."

Through her tears she says "The White Tower. And when I get back I'm going to give this back to Marin Sedai and I'm never going to disobey her again!" she tears off her amulet and throws it on the ground.

:D I should probably clarify that Venten is approaching 40 years old, so that this doesn't feel awkward.

Venten picked up the amulet, "This brought you here?"

He followed that up by muttering to himself

"Aon Tia? but no, there isn't an Aon. A Fabrial? How does it work?"

Venten shook his head,

"The White Tower you say, Elantris? Urithiru? Are you from Yolen?" 

"It's a ter'angreal. Marin Sedai said it had the power to unravel The Pattern and let you step through, but it had never been used. And I've never heard of any of those places."

Turns out the Wheel of Time universe doesn't have an official name

Edited by Negative_Null

"It's a ter'angreal. And I've never heard of any of those places."

"A Ter'angreal?....... could it be?! No, it's impossible."

Venten's face seems to glow with joy

"You're from OUTSIDE THE COSMERE!"

""How, does it work? Could I make one? How did you get in?"

2 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"A Ter'angreal?....... could it be?! No, it's impossible."

Venten's face seems to glow with joy

"You're from OUTSIDE THE COSMERE!"

""How, does it work? Could I make one? How did you get in?"

"What?"

This interrogation, combined with her tears, proves too much for her and she stars crying harder.

2 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

"What?"

This interrogation, combined with her tears, proves too much for her and she stars crying harder.

Venten realized he had gone too fast.

"Shhh, it's ok, we'll deal with it later, I'm pretty good at figuring things out, for now, just rest."