The Fellowship of the Thing - Side Tales (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

14 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

Last I checked you are the agent of a primordial deity.

Venten tapped Nicrocil and opened a time bubble. Safe for a time he looked above the sewer.

@I Used To Be A Fish @Chinkoln

Edited by Frustration

Grace was staring through the window into the map room when she heard footsteps behind her. She sighed.

"What is is, Dad?" she said without turning around.

The footsteps stopped a few feet behind her. "Something's bothering you," said Samuel simply. "I want to help." 

Grace made a noise of disbelief. "How? Do you have some kind of magical McGuffin that will round up the Fallen King and all his followers?"

"The Fallen King? Is that what they're calling him now?" Samuel hmmed in an intrigued tone. "Well, whatever he's called, I don't have a way to magically get rid of him. Sorry." He took a half-step closer. "But look on the bright side! There haven't been any attacks yet. Perhaps he will be happy with what he has, this time."

Grace snorted openly. "A false hope," she spat. "This is the calm before the storm, that's all." She stood up, her back still to her father. "And when the storm comes... I doubt any of us will survive."

Samuel was quiet for a moment. "I don't think it'll get that bad," he said. "We've survived his rise before-"

"We were destroyed by his rise before!" Grace spun around. "And that was one Witherlord. We still haven't recovered from the recent attack!"

Samuel exhaled. "But I'm sure Silence will step in?" he tried. "He's fending off an invasion right now, actually-"

"Oh, so he'll suddenly care about this now?" said Grace sarcastically. "He didn't step in last time, remember?"

"That doesn't mean he won't this time," said Samuel quietly. "We can still hope."

Grace was quiet for a moment. She turned back to look at the worlds map, a web of blinking lights connected by shimmering lines.

Hope is for fools, she said.

She was still staring straight ahead as the footsteps reluctantly retreated.

1 hour ago, Frustration said:

Last I check he's a fullborn elsecaller.

And compared to the main thread, that's mediocre.

49 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

ould it be overpowered to be a full feruchemist, Mistborn and Knight radiant? (Probably:lol:)

Smh

I know it’s fun(?) to be like Super OP, but could we maybe.........not do that? I know, blasphemy, but OP does mean “Over Powered”. “Over” meaning too much. Meaning bad. Like, I was looking forward to epic Sewer chase scene....and now they’re just dead. OP characters ruin all conflict that isn’t the main villain. Which means the main villain ends up being the only villain, or the only person we ever fight, because it’s the only fight that would be a fight. OP people also raise the bar for every single other character. Like, say someone was a Misting. Just a Misting. And then we have all these Fullborn Radiant Epic Literally God people show up and that person is left in the dust. Imo, even just a Mistborn is a little too OP, let alone Fullborn Radiants! Also, I was kinda looking forward to a Scadrial based RP, but once we have OP characters and mixed magic systems, it’s inevitable that we start jumping all over the place like the main thread. The scope of the characters tend to determine the scope of everything else. This is supposed to be a side story. Like Agents of Shield is to the Avengers. 

It’s up to you guys though Ig, this isn’t alleyverse, we don’t have anti-OP rules. I can’t tell anyone what to do, just offer advice. I do think their Index is a good reference, and I recommend y’all take a look at it.

not trying to Godmod or tell you how to RP, just trying to save this spinoff before it dies, smothered in God-Level characters. 

Radriarc followed the stranger out of the sewer. 
“Oh. That’s convenient. For a second there I thought we’d have to continue the chase scene that started this whole thing. Well, I’ll be going then.” And so he left, never to return. 

Just kidding, that’s not canon, just trying to show how OP characters ruin conflict and kill plot.

Radriarc followed the stranger out of the sewer, to find the 4 shardbearers dead on the ground.

“What the...”

39 minutes ago, Frustration said:

"What she said, who are you?"

“My name is Radriarc. I’m uh, not from around here. I was just minding my business when I got roped into all this.”
Radriarc walked over to where the 4 Shardblades had materialized next to the dead men. 
“Anyone want one of these?” he said, nudging one with his foot. 

Xino, was that meant for this thread? Seems like a non-sequitur...

Edited by Danex

I agree with Danex. I brought in Vale to the main FotT thread because I felt he matched the power level. Here, I'm going to use a different character that matches what I've seen so far, and maybe a little under. It's personal preference, sure, but it's better for everyone if we're all on a similar level.

Also, I kind of think that Xino was trying to loop this one into the main one by alluding to the prison Nath unleashed. Tell me if I'm wrong

A girl's head pokes into the alley. "So what's-" she gasps and looks away.

Here’s the Alleyverse character power index. Really that whole thread is full of great advice on making characters, I recommend you read it if you haven’t already. 

Using the Index, I calculated a Fullborn Radiant to be somewhere around 2270. The recommend amount is UNDER 150! Thats 15 TIMES as powerful as any reasonable character. And that number is still ignoring any other skills they have, or any equipment or anything! 2270!!

Edited by Danex

Just now, Negative_Null said:

"But... who did this?" The girl sinks to her knees. "This isn't supposed to happen in Elendel"

Venten felt his heart break for this child.

Venten picked her up and turned her head away

"It's alright, you don't have to worry, you're safe."

How old is the girl? Like young or just young? Child? Teenage? Infant? Basically does it make sense for my guy to say/think this:

“Where are your parents?”

Radriarc felt sorry for the girl, a grisly murder like this shouldn’t be seen by children. Innocence is such a fleeting, precious thing. 

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

A young man, 18 or so, looks into the alley. "What was that?"

“Oh nothing.” He said, not wanting news of a murder like this to cause a panic.

“We should leave.” Radriarc whispered to the stranger, “we shouldn’t be found like this. Now would be a really bad time for me to be framed for murder.”

4 minutes ago, Danex said:

Radriarc felt sorry for the girl, a grisly murder like this shouldn’t be seen by children. Innocence is such a fleeting, precious thing. 

“We should leave.” Radriarc whispered to the stranger, “we shouldn’t be found like this. Now would be a really bad time for me to be framed for murder.”

Despite everything Venten smiled

"Would there ever be a good time?"

Venten turned to the girl, "Do you need anything?"

“By the way, what’s your name friend? I’ve given you mine. These men here, they were chasing you. You seem to be an amiable fellow, so I’d assume they were not. But I have to ask...did they deserve to die?”

“Why were they chasing you? And with 4 Shardblades?!? How did Scadrial men end up with Shardb-”

Radriarc mentally chided himself, he shouldn’t have revealed he knew what a Shardblade was. He was supposed to stay under the radar! This whole mess could ruin everything...

Lol, okay, let’s assume the previous comments are just...aged up a few years. I suppose I could still ask where her parents are, but everything else.. yeah.

Edited by Danex

3 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

She takes a deep breath.

"No... I..."

She fingers an amulet around her neck for a moment, and then calms down.

"I'm ok. It's ok. Are any of them still alive?"

Nvm

3 minutes ago, Danex said:

“By the way, what’s your name friend? I’ve given you mine. These men here, they were chasing you. You seem to be an amiable fellow, so I’d assume they were not. But I have to ask...did they deserve to die?”

“Why were they chasing you? And with 4 Shardblades?!? How did Scadrial men end up with Shardb-”

Radriarc mentally chided himself, he shouldn’t have revealed he knew what a Shardblade was. He was supposed to stay under the radar! This whole mess could ruin everything...

"If you're woried about revealing knowledge of the Cosmere, rest assured I am well informed. As to how they got them, they built them, after my design. I worked for them for a long time, I was challenged by my friend to make the best weapon I could. I thought nothing of it at the time, we made many things for theory only. I found out that they intended to build the weapon, so I stole my notes and fled. They have been chasing me for three months.

I'm Venten by the way."

4 minutes ago, Negative_Null said:

The girl checks a few of the men, but it's plain they're very dead. She takes off her hood, and her hair falls out in an intricate braid.

"No, don't look" Venten turns her away again.

"You should leave here, go home quickly."

"We all should, there are more opperatives in the area."

37 minutes ago, Danex said:

"Uh... Help?" the boy called, turning away from the alleyway.