The Fellowship of the Thing - Side Tales (Retired)

Channelknight Fadran

Here you go, people! A FotT thread for those who can't seem to join the main RP! I'm pretty sure that everything that happens in this RP is canon to the other one (and vice versa), but whether or not it is will probably be determined later on by the people in it.

The real question is, though: how is this connected to the OG Fellowship? Will we meet up occasionally? Will we be penpals? Will Fadran sell the people here overpriced pencils?

I guess the answer to that is up to interpretation. So, without further ado... welcome to Side Tales!

@Frustration

Edited by Channelknight Fadran

Just now, I Used To Be A Fish said:

well when you want in let me know.

The door behind Venten burst open four pairs of boots ran forward.

"It's over traitor! Give us the book and we'll let you live!"

Venten turned four men with Shardblades stood behind him.

"You must know by now I won't be cowed that easily."

"It's been three month of non stop pursuit, you have to be out of gold by now, give up!"

Venten smiled,

"Gold isn't my only tool."

Venten jumped off the building storing iron to float down.

"Down the stairs, Now! get him!"

Shardblades on Scadrial? Cool. Also yeah, you should keep going with the intro, like a lot.

Also, I think that someone from the main party should come over here to us, preferably someone with some sort of way of communicating with someone else in the main party. Like some sort of magic telepathic link or whatever. So we can have communication between groups, and we’d have a “senior” Fellowship Member to guide us. Could be someone with multiple characters, so they have one person here and one person there.

also also, meet my character who’s been long in the works: Radriarc.  (Raid-ree-ark) (Suggestions for alternative spellings that fit the pronunciation are welcome, I don’t really like the “iar”)

Radriarc walked down the unfamiliar streets of Elendel, wondering what he had gotten himself into. 
I knew I should have listened to the elders, He thought to himself, why did I ever decide to leave?

Suddenly, something caught his eye. In a nearby tower, there was some sort of commotion. He saw a man come out onto a balcony and...holy crap is he about to jump?! Radriarc watched as the man kept off the tower, only to float down!

I’m going to regret this, Radriarc thought, as he ran to the tower to investigate. 

Edited by Danex

Venten landed and ran face first into someone.

"Ow, oh I'm so sorry."

The door to the building was thrown open behind him.

"There he is!"

Venten jumped in surprise and tapped a small amount of zinc.

The person next to him ment nothing to these people, if he was in the way he would be killed.

Venten tapped the last of his steel reserve and a little pewter, picked this stranger up and ran to the nearest alley.

@Danex

Sorry I was having a nap.

Radriarc arrived at the tower, and was immediately ran over by the floating man. Before he could utter a single word, the man picked him up, and ran to an alley.

“What the heck?!?” 

Radriarc wondered how the man could carry him so easily, and then still manage to sprint away from the tower. Perhaps it is related to the way he managed to float down the tower, Radriarc thought. 

“Okay, what in the world is going on here?!? Who are you? Who are those guys chasing us, and why am I being chased?!??” 

Radriarc noticed the other man in the alley. 

“Oh, hello there.”

4 minutes ago, Danex said:

Radriarc arrived at the tower, and was immediately ran over by the floating man. Before he could utter a single word, the man picked him up, and ran to an alley.

“What the heck?!?” 

Radriarc wondered how the man could carry him so easily, and then still manage to sprint away from the tower. Perhaps it is related to the way he managed to float down the tower, Radriarc thought. 

“Okay, what in the world is going on here?!? Who are you? Who are those guys chasing us, and why am I being chased?!??” 

Radriarc noticed the other man in the alley. 

“Oh, hello there.”

"It was me they were after, they tricked me into designing a weapon, I found out and took the plans."

"They're in the alley!"

Venten's face fell.

"Run!"

Venten pulled the grate off of the sewer and jumped in.

@Chinkoln

Edited by Frustration

Radriarc looked down at the nasty sewer, then at the approaching voices. 

Ironically, I think I’d be safer up here, he thought, I mean, what are the odds they have a weapon that can-

The men entered the alleyway, each carrying a Shardblade.

Oh no....

Radriac gulped, and jumped into the sewer, unsure of whether the men had noticed them. 

39 minutes ago, I Used To Be A Fish said:

Screams echoed from on top of the alley.

17 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Venten paused before heading back.

The stranger stopped before going farther into the sewer. 
“What are you doing?! Keep going!! Those guys have Shardblades!! I’m sure that scream was just....someone practicing opera or something.” 

Don’t actually keep going (unless you want to), that's just what my character would want to do. 

@Chinkoln

Edited by Danex