Which Halfborn would be best at fighting Radiants?

Frustration

I'd tend toward ferruchemist/coinshot.  that gives you 1. unmatched speed, 2. extra maneuverability as a coinshot, 3. a ranged attack.  coins on their own might not cause problems for plate, but with enough weight stored in ironminds you could overcome that.  then between steelpushing and steel compounding, you can stay out of range of your opponent, and probably mostly behind their back.  if needed, you may even be able to get up close when the enemy is off balance and deliver pewter-enhanced blows.  between all of that, I think you get a solid hit in and/or the radiant runs out of stormlight before they ever have a real chance to hit you.

someone upthread suggested a leecher might work too, and I think that could be, less because of what allomantic chromium does and more because it seems like compounding fortune might be able to grant significant future sight.

2 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Oh storms, going for the mental battle over the physical one... Didn't even consider that. I could totally see rioting negative emotions being potent at breaking a Radiant's will... Not even just specifically Kaladin, riot the Radiant's Guilt and Sadness and the like and you'll probably be able to figure out an avenue of mind-games to demoralize them and possibly get them to break their bond.

of course, you have to consider this strategy being thwarted by an aluminum foil hat....

Edited by wildcard09

2 hours ago, Frustration said:

Or just holding Stormlight and wearing plate.

I wonder if it's possible to soothe/riot a radiants Spren directly, like allomancers can do to Kandara and Koloss? I'm not sure what effect that would have, sounds bad for the radiant somehow though. Maybe there's a WOB about that.

Edited by wildcard09

On 9/11/2020 at 5:49 PM, HSuperLee said:

I apologize, I'm about to be real stubborn on this. Sorry, y'all.

Dynamite is not comparable to a shardblade. Dynamite is a purely physical form of damage, whereas shardblades are not. Unconscious is also very different from dead. As for Wax, that's a weird situation that may or may not involve shardic intervention. Now, I will admit that if y'all are right, and a gold compounder can survive a shardblade though the central nervous system (which would be frustrating from a story perspective as it means they are essentially truly unkillable) then I don't actually know if a Radiant could win that fight. Like, at all. It would be a long long fight. But yeah, I don't see how a compounder could lose in that situation. Unless the Radiant lashes them to the ground and starts systematically surgically cutting out their metalminds, and even that I don't know how effective it would be considering shardblades don't cut living flesh. Maybe a 5th ideal Windrunner could full lashing them in place while reverse lashing only the metal out of their body at something like 20g, but other than that I've no ideas.

Questioner

If a Shardblade was put through Wayne's eye, would he able to use his ability to [heal the wound]?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, he should be able to heal that.

Oathbringer Leeds signing (Dec. 1, 2017)

Gold's pretty damnation good.