Neon Reads The Wheel of Time

aneonfoxtribute

• 1 month later...

It's true, Tylin and Mat were really...something...to read about. Like come on Mat you're so much cooler than her, just grow up and leave already. 

The next couple books are where it really starts getting good, super exciting, though I have to warn you, the Perin sections get to be torturous to read.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Aviendha found a dagger that she had considerable difficulty getting rid of. Should I be reading into that as much as I am? I thought Fain had the dagger from Shadar Logoth.

There is something there, but you are going in the wrong direction. Without spoiling; the Avienda interaction with the Dagger is more about Avienda than the dagger itself. Note, it is not the Shadar Logoth dagger, Fain does indeed have that.

6 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

There is something there, but you are going in the wrong direction. Without spoiling; the Avienda interaction with the Dagger is more about Avienda than the dagger itself. Note, it is not the Shadar Logoth dagger, Fain does indeed have that.

Okay I figured Fain still had that, it just felt way too familiar. 

1 hour ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Path of Daggers is part of the slog??? This is raw so far. Elayne nuked the hell out of a bunch of Seanchan and that makes a good time to me. I am very happy we saw the nuke from the other side of the gate. Only one survivor, which is not ideal but it is acceptable. 

If you like seeing the Seanchan get nuked, then Path of Daggers is the book for you... Elayne just gave you a small taste. People always talk about the WOT slog but honestly I think books 6-12 are the best of the series (though I acknowledge the Faile plotline drags a bit; it is solid in concept, but it could have been resolved a book earlier than it was and would have probably flowed better if it had been).

8 s on of my least favorites, mostly because I care more about spending time with characters I like than about plot movement and 8 is severely lacking in the Mat department - something made worse when you have to wait months or years for the next book

6 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

If you like seeing the Seanchan get nuked, then Path of Daggers is the book for you... Elayne just gave you a small taste. People always talk about the WOT slog but honestly I think books 6-12 are the best of the series (though I acknowledge the Faile plotline drags a bit; it is solid in concept, but it could have been resolved a book earlier than it was and would have probably flowed better if it had been).

I think Great Hunt is still my favorite book precisely because of the Seanchan. I think they're the best villains in the series so far. They're awful in all of the best ways. Seeing Seanchan die will always be a good time for me

2 hours ago, Dunkum said:

8 s on of my least favorites, mostly because I care more about spending time with characters I like than about plot movement and 8 is severely lacking in the Mat department - something made worse when you have to wait months or years for the next book

WHAT HOW CAN WE BE LACKING MAT, AFTER THE LAST BOOKS ENDING?!?!?!

1 hour ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

WHAT HOW CAN WE BE LACKING MAT, AFTER THE LAST BOOKS ENDING?!?!?!

that just made it even worse. Mat gets a bunch of stone toppled onto him and then just chapter after chapter of everyone else, including the other folks who had been in Altara at the time.

Alright now for a big cluster of thoughts from my reading last night

God I just do NOT care about Sevanna lmao. This is the lowest point of the book so far, I honestly could not care less about what Sevanna is doing. Ever since Couladin died, the Shaido basically became a non-issue. I feel absolutely no threat from them whatsoever lmao. That said I'm still not feeling as deflated when reading as I was at certain points in the last few books lmao. 
I like Cadsuane, she reminds me a lot of Moiraine. I miss Moiraine, when is she coming back (she's NOT DEAD I STILL DON'T BELIEVE IT WE DO NOT HAVE A BODY)
I always love it when we see the opposite side of a common trope. Like, Cadsuane just let Alanna sit there for a while without looking in her direction and then when Alanna made to leave, Cadsuane said "come in". That trope is as old as time, and I love that we saw it from Cadsuane's view. If we were in Alanna's view, we wouldn't have bat an eye at that, we would have thought she just sensed her or something. But we saw in Cadsuane's view that she just had a mirror pointed towards the door. It's always fun when that happens
Oh interesting, Cadsuane has something similar to Mat's medallion that negates use of the Power
Wow really, Cadsuane thinks that Moiraine messed things up with Rand? Damn.