Neon Reads The Wheel of Time

aneonfoxtribute

6 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Huh. Thats interesting because they made a note about him avoiding Domon, for obvious reasons. I'd think that something would come of that

im on something like my 4th or 5th read through (well up to book 8ish anyway, there were long periods of waiting for the next book to come out when I would reread the ones already out) and I honestly didn't even notice that, that's how little he matters

Yep, I think I get what you mean. It's kind of awful. Reading is one of my favorite hobbies, but the others always end up taking over for some reason. I start reading, don't really focus, and oh look, Steam discounts. And then I go back to read, I can't focus on it and oh look, a new slice-of-life show. sigh

for me I usually focus on one thing to the exclusion of all others until I burn out on it for a while.  so i'll do a bunch of reading for a few months until I don't feel ike that anymore, then i'll start binge watching some TV show or playign a video game until I tire of that etc.

Yes it is a spoiler, because the plot clearly wants us to think he's dead. But I don't care too much about that because I already figured it. But please be more careful in the future, people generally don't like spoilers and if that wasn't something I was already dead certain about I would be a lot more upset. 

37 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Yeah that's why I'm not too bothered by it, because I imagine most people assume he's still alive because no body TM despite the characters telling us he is dead and the plot acting like it. 

Was it whitecloaks who told us he was dead?  because I remember them being extremely unreliable about that.  they tended to assume their enemies were much worse than they actually are.  I think it was clear he was injured, btu not necessarily obvious he was dead, but Egwene and Perrin were in no condition to think about it at the time

24 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Oh boy, and now Elayne and Nynaeve are meeting a Forsaken. But it's not Lanfear. This is interesting. Though she says that there are two Forsaken in relation to Tear, but I don't remember there being a second. 

Belal and Ishamael.

Just now, aneonfoxtribute said:

Yes I know that, she said as much. But I don't remember there being a second one. Probably just me being a dumb and forgetting something because I've been on this book a long time

Be'lal was the one who was set up there as High Lord Samon (had to look that up to get the name), Moiraine kills him with Balefire.  Ishamael shows up to fight Rand and Rand defeats him with Callandor.

2 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Ohhhh, Ishmael is Baalzamon. I forgot that happened.

right.  I realized after I posted that that you might not know that where you are right now.  or it might not have been confirmed or whatever.  I think it has, or at least been hinted at strongly enough to be practically a confirmation