You Won't Believe What Just Happened!

Scarletfox

Warning: At the end of this there's some gross stuff. Just so you know.

Today we ran a mile and a half in PE. Usually, that would be fine, but I did it all without stopping to walk at all. After that, I went inside and did the ab workout we were supposed to do, then I got changed and went to Math. On the way there, I noticed that my vision was getting a little blurry, but I figured I would probably be fine. It wasn't until like halfway through class when I couldn't read anything because of how blurry my vision was and I was shaking and feeling like I was going to pass out that I told the teacher and asked if I could go to the office to call my mom to bring my inhaler(I have asthmatic bronchitis). He was very worried, and he went and got a bottle of water and a protein bar to make sure it wasn't because of thirst or blood sugar or anything. I told him about my asthmatic bronchitis and he had me sit in a chair holding the door open so he could keep an eye on me while I sat outside(our math classes are in a 4-classroom trailer thing) and told me to take off my mask and breathe like I was breathing through a straw. I did it, but it didn't help, so he and another teacher walked me to the office. They made me link arms with them just in case I passed out and fell. We got to the office, the office ladies were worried, they called my mom, I called my mom, and she came to drop off my inhaler. I used it and was feeling better, but by then it was lunch(I have math 4th period) and I went to go sit with my friends. Gave up on sitting with my friends and went to go write the First Ideal on the seminary whiteboard. Another student came in and asked me how I was, and I decided to go call my mom again to come home because I felt like crem. He wished me well and I went to the office again. When I walked in, the office ladies could tell something was wrong. Apparently I was white and shaking hard. They made me sit and talk to Mom, and I asked her to come pick me up. The office ladies made me lie down in the nurse's office with my feet on a stool while we waited for Mom. She got to school and carried my backpack(she was shocked at how much it weighed, then the office ladies were shocked with her) out to the car, linking arms with me. (Warning: gross stuff starts here) While we were riding home, I asked her to pass the trash can because I felt like I was going to throw up. She gave me a mint and we got home, then she went and did other stuff. I got inside and knew that I was going to throw up, so I grabbed a large bowl(the bathroom was a while away) and sat down. I threw up three times in quick succession, felt much better, and fell asleep on the couch. Now I'm here at home, feeling a lot better.

That's my totally fun story from today.

Oof, hope you feel better soon! -_- 

This thread has reminded me of a what are the odds story from seventh grade. The year I was in sixth grade, we were in an old middle school while the new middle school was being built. It was maybe a half hour drive away as opposed to ten minutes’ walk. I was walking between periods in the halls heading to math class. My backpack at that time was absolutely crap, it had this giant gash through the top just above the zipper, which had torn so much over time that I usually used it to take things in and out rather than bothering with the zipper. 

I get to math class, sit down, get settled, go to take out my book because I’m notorious for reading in class, and - my book’s not there. I quickly realize that it must have been stolen from my bag out of the massive rip. It was a public library book, so we pay the fine, I feel bad, then find the book elsewhere and pick up where I left off. 

One year later, it’s seventh grade and our first year in the brand-new school building. (I have a new backpack.) We’re having a book drive, and I peruse the books when I can out of curiosity. In science class, I spot a suspiciously familiar copy of The People of Sparks (great series btw, the first one’s The City of Ember and I’d highly recommend it). It’s definitely secondhand from a library; plastic cover, genre stickers, all that. Same flap of plastic torn off the back as the one I lost a year ago, huh...and this scrap of butterfly craft paper is an oddly familiar bookmark...hang on... 

It’s the very same book. One year and a new school several miles away later, it made its way mysteriously into the book drive, and as far as I remember the thief never even moved the bookmark. 

The science teacher was nice enough to let me take it back, and since we’d paid the library for it, I just kept it. I still have it. 

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Oof, hope you feel better soon! -_- 

This thread has reminded me of a what are the odds story from seventh grade. The year I was in sixth grade, we were in an old middle school while the new middle school was being built. It was maybe a half hour drive away as opposed to ten minutes’ walk. I was walking between periods in the halls heading to math class. My backpack at that time was absolutely crap, it had this giant gash through the top just above the zipper, which had torn so much over time that I usually used it to take things in and out rather than bothering with the zipper. 

I get to math class, sit down, get settled, go to take out my book because I’m notorious for reading in class, and - my book’s not there. I quickly realize that it must have been stolen from my bag out of the massive rip. It was a public library book, so we pay the fine, I feel bad, then find the book elsewhere and pick up where I left off. 

One year later, it’s seventh grade and our first year in the brand-new school building. (I have a new backpack.) We’re having a book drive, and I peruse the books when I can out of curiosity. In science class, I spot a suspiciously familiar copy of The People of Sparks (great series btw, the first one’s The City of Ember and I’d highly recommend it). It’s definitely secondhand from a library; plastic cover, genre stickers, all that. Same flap of plastic torn off the back as the one I lost a year ago, huh...and this scrap of butterfly craft paper is an oddly familiar bookmark...hang on... 

It’s the very same book. One year and a new school several miles away later, it made its way mysteriously into the book drive, and as far as I remember the thief never even moved the bookmark. 

The science teacher was nice enough to let me take it back, and since we’d paid the library for it, I just kept it. I still have it. 

I love The People of Sparks! I got the whole series for Christmas one year.

That's pretty awesome.

So, I caught a baby mouse yesterday that was in my room. It was really cute and I low-key wanted to keep it, but my mom made me get rid of it. Luckily, she was running out of the house, and I don't have access to the family guns yet, so I was able to get rid of it my way, in a peaceful life-valuing way.

Spoiler

That last part was a joke. We don't actually have any family guns....

Spoiler

anymore

So I was doing Latin with these online flashcard thingies, and I was typing out the endings, (o, s, t, mus, tis, nt, bam, bas, bat, bamus, batis, ect.) and I get to we, and I think, Moosen! I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of them, many much moosen! (for those of you who don't know, mus is pronounced like moose) and then I burst out laughing because I'm so sleep deprived. For those of you who understand what ⇧that came from, I applaud you.

2 minutes ago, Vapor said:

So I was doing Latin with these online flashcard thingies, and I was typing out the endings, (o, s, t, mus, tis, nt, bam, bas, bat, bamus, batis, ect.) and I get to we, and I think, Moosen! I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of them, many much moosen! (for those of you who don't know, mus is pronounced like moose) and then I burst out laughing because I'm so sleep deprived. For those of you who understand what ⇧that came from, I applaud you.

Brian Regan!!! I almost got to go to one of his performances, had my ticket, we were planning on going, but then I got realllly sick, so my mom took my ticket and I stayed home with my dad and little sister while my mom and brothers got to go.

• 1 month later...

My school is legit the best.

Ok, so my class is randomly obsessed with fire, and our Chemistry teacher is super cool, so she always tries to incorporate some amount of fire into our lesson. So we were going to set some stuff on fire outside the other day, so she handed us all the propane fire torch thingies and started walking with us outside, but then she forgot something and went back for it real quick. We kept walking towards the door outside, a bunch of kids with fire propane torch thingies walking out of the lobby of the school. Mr. C, my favorite teacher, happened to be sitting the desk. "Where are y'all going?" He asked curiously. The response he got was a mix of the following all at the same time:

"FUEGO!"

"We're going to set things on fire!"

"We're setting things on fire!"

"YES SIR! FiREEeE"

"Let's set things on fire!"

Mr. C smiled and returned with, "setting things on fire is fun!" Like, he didn't even try to stop us at all. We then proceeded to set some gummy bears on fire in the name of science. My school is a pain in the neck sometimes, but other times, it's just the best.

@Chasmgoat @HoidWasTaken

Edited by Scarletfox

4 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Ok, so my class is randomly obsessed with fire, and our Chemistry teacher is super cool, so she always tries to incorporate some amount of fire into our lesson. So we were going to set some stuff on fire outside the other day, so she handed us all the propane fire torch thingies and started walking with us outside, but then she forgot something and went back for it real quick. We kept walking towards the door outside, a bunch of kids with fire propane torch thingies walking out of the lobby of the school. Mr. C, my favorite teacher, happened to be sitting the desk. "Where are y'all going?" He asked curiously. The response he got was a mix of the following all at the same time:

"FUEGO!"

"YES SIR! FiREEeE"

Mr. C smiled and returned with, "setting things on fire is fun!" Like, he didn't even try to stop us at all. We then proceeded to set some gummy bears on fire in the name of science. My school is a pain in the neck sometimes, but other times, it's just the best.

@Chasmgoat @HoidWasTaken

Ah yes controlled arson. Quite a way to let off steam.

7 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

"FUEGO!"

"YES SIR! FiREEeE"

@Chasmgoat @HoidWasTaken

I wish I could do that. I even have a last name that fits it pretty well! My last name is Larson but I "accidentally" forget the L sometimes...

1 hour ago, Scarletfox said:

"FUEGO!"

"YES SIR! FiREEeE"

@Chasmgoat @HoidWasTaken

Wow. That’s awesome. Hehe. 

1 hour ago, Scarletfox said:

"FUEGO!"

"YES SIR! FiREEeE"

@Chasmgoat @HoidWasTaken

Randomly obsessed with fire? Isn't that every chemistry class? 

So, this didn't just happen but it did happen last year and I randomly remembered it just now.

warning: this might not make sense if you are not familiar with MacBooks...

So, My algebra teacher was trying to figure out how to use a MacBook (my school gives every student one) and my class was offering advice. Someone brought up commands and I started saying some of my favorite commands. I brought up some like commands like ⌘Q, ⌘⌥⇧ power button, and my teacher got mad because I caused her to shut down her computer. (I never told her to try them!) Anyway, I brought up some useful ones like ⌘⇧T which brings up the last closed tab on chrome. My teacher did not trust me and so my friend offered to try it out for her. [Backround info: Earlier that morning, my friend and I were sitting around waiting for school to start, my friend gets on youtube on his laptop and clicks on a video by accident right as the bell rings indicating school starts. So, he closed the tab and put his computer away.] ok, back to the other part. So, he puts in the command and all of a sudden Peppa Pig blares out of his computer, and it was really amusing. He was made fun of for a few days...

So, funny story.

I was going on a hike with my family when we passed a rope swing that went over a river. My sister, being the adventurer she is wanted to go swing on it. My mom, (For whatever reason) let her do it. So, my sister gets on the swing and basically long story short she fell in the water. This isn't the worst that that would have ever happened but... When she came up out of the water her glasses were missing. Fortunately the water was only about waist deep. Unfortunately it's fall, and rope swings are typically hung from trees. It took us like an hour in really cold water to find it. But personally I think we finished at just the right time because just as we found it, a big red pickup truck came around the corner. It had a custom license plate (The Duck) and it had a custom hood ornament (A big white dusk flexing) and when it honked it's horn it... quacked. It was one of the best things I have ever seen.

So... Middle School sucks. Even at a good school it sucks.

I don't know about y'all, but gym is my least favorite subject. You have to show how good you are at sports, (I'm terrible) and the gym clothes are awful, and you seem to be combined with all the best kids in the class.

Not just that, but there's also the dreaded locker room. You have to change in front of all the popular kids, and I feel like they're watching me for any mistakes, any imperfections in your body and you feel like everyone's staring at you. Long story short, Gym is... not fun.

So I was already having a pretty bad day, having to do a bunch of public stuff. Not my thing. I went in, grabbed my gym clothes, and went to go change. There were a bunch of girls laughing and looking 'my way,' and ugh. I finished changing as soon as I could, and then proceeded to lose all of my team's games. I went to go change back and there were more laughing this time. I ended up changing in the bathroom stall.

Not really funny or unbelievable, just me having a bad day.

17 hours ago, Vapor said:

I don't know about y'all, but gym is my least favorite subject. You have to show how good you are at sports, (I'm terrible) and the gym clothes are awful, and you seem to be combined with all the best kids in the class.

Not just that, but there's also the dreaded locker room. You have to change in front of all the popular kids, and I feel like they're watching me for any mistakes, any imperfections in your body and you feel like everyone's staring at you. Long story short, Gym is... not fun.

So I was already having a pretty bad day, having to do a bunch of public stuff. Not my thing. I went in, grabbed my gym clothes, and went to go change. There were a bunch of girls laughing and looking 'my way,' and ugh. I finished changing as soon as I could, and then proceeded to lose all of my team's games. I went to go change back and there were more laughing this time. I ended up changing in the bathroom stall.

Wow. That really sucks. I’m sorry that that happened. :(. Personally, I love gym. I’ve never had that experience, so I can’t fully understand the situation you are in. The social part of middle school for me is great, and terrible at the same time. I’m not popular, but the ‘popular’ kids in our school don’t get any respect. Everyone knows that they are just lowly scumbags (hehe), and so no one really cares that they’re cool. I have lots of close friends in school, and three best friends, one of whom is adopted, and the other has a single parent.  The social part that sucks is that everyone always feels like they have to one-up themselves to everyone. Like they always have to make fun of someone else, and for no reason. Now that I’m in eighth grade however, I am (sorta) respected and looked up to, so I try to stop bullying when it is happening. 
Eh. Sorry for getting off track there and telling my life story. I’m really sorry that happened Vapor, I know how it feels to be bullied. :(

Edited by Bearer of all agonies

1 hour ago, Vapor said:

I understand this, so you're not the only one who doesn't like gym. I think that if you're not good at sports, gym is just a bad experience in general. I also have Asperger's so I have some coordination issues along with my social issues. Because of this, having to play sports and socialize in the locker room was... not good. Despite my personal problems that  make me somewhat of a target, I think that people in middle school can sometimes just be unnecessarily mean in general. I completely understand what this situation is like, and I'm really sorry people are acting like that. Just don't let them get to you. You're on the Shard, so you're already pretty awesome in my book. I hope you have a better day tomorrow ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

so, some people already know this, but I had the cops called on me today for breaking into a secure building...

(Here are the pings I promised: @Ookla the Tortured @Ookla the Rōnin @Ookla the Shadowed @Nathrangking)

anyway, I set up chairs for my church's Sunday service every Saturday with my brother, a youth leader, and maybe 1 or 2 others depending on the circumstances.

Today, it was supposed to be only one other person. Anyway, My youth leader comes to pick us up and take us to the church and all is normal so far.

When we arrived, the other person was waiting outside because they forgot the key. our youth leader goes to get his key and it was at his house too. I saw a window that looked unlocked and decided to try to open it to see if we could get in through there. I was locked and so we went around trying to open all the doors. They were all locked. The four of us get into the car and go to our youth leaders house. When we arrived, we got a text from someone else who occasionally helps. It said that he was going to be helping set up chairs and that when he entered (he had a key) the burglar alarms were going off. This meant that the police would be notified and would go to check on the church. with a single kid in it. We run to the car and start driving (don't worry, we were driving safely, for now) and when we get to the road leading out of the neighbor hood, we see a cop car zooming past ahead of us. not good. so we start driving not so safely (very recklessly and we were speeding) and, after a mild car chase, manage to get right behind the police. We have two entrances to our church parking lot and the police go through one and we through the other. We barely made it in time to explain everything and that the persons key did not work and set off the alarm. The police left and we entered the church to go help the other person. He said that the alarms were on before he used the key. This meant that I set off the alarms...

so there you go. 
I failed one life goal of breaking into a secure building but succeeded in another of getting the cops called on me.

Thank you and the end.

Storms, man. That’s quite a story. I’m glad you’re ok. :)  Wow. That’s really crazy. I’ve never had anything like that happen to me, so I can’t connect. Also, if you’re a goat, why didn’t you just kick the glass? The window would’ve broken. ;)

Something very funny happened in the Geometry class today (I help the Geometry teacher teach sometimes, another story for another time. The Geometry teacher, Mr. M, had brought donuts for the class before because they had, I don’t know, gotten good grades or something. So it was passing period between the class before Geometry, and Geometry. The Geometry students were filtering in, and one of them noticed one leftover donut, so, he nervously asked if he could get a donut. (this is one of my favorite teachers)

Mr. M affixed his eyes in an intense stare at the student, and said in a serious and dark tone, “On one condition. You may have the donut if I throw it as hard as I can at you.” The student, stood there for an awkward moment, before procuring an nervous smile and forcing out, “U-hm, sure.” Mr. M picked up the donut, wound up, and yeeted the donut at the student as hard as he possibly could.

FWAPP 

The donut hit the student’s shirt, the quiet yet thunderous sound resounding through the classroom. The student looked at the donut for the second it was stuck to his shirt due to the velocity (though it was starting to peel off), and then looked up at Mr. M.

FASHUMP

The donut fell from the student’s shirt onto the floor, leaving a circle of glaze on the fabric. Somebody in the back coughed; everyone’s attention was on this student, Mr. M, and the donut. The student nervously picked up the donut and returned to his seat. For the rest of class, the student nibbled the donut down to the ring of the donut that had touched the ground, what was more like a thin disk of germy donut, and threw away the disk on his way out of class.

Edited by Ookla the Sly

Spoiler
1 minute ago, Ookla the Sly said:

Something very funny happened in the Geometry class today (I help the Geometry teacher teach sometimes, another story for another time. The Geometry teacher, Mr. M, had brought donuts for the class before because they had, I don’t know, gotten good grades or something. So it was passing period between the class before Geometry, and Geometry. The Geometry students were filtering in, and one of them noticed one leftover donut, so, he nervously asked if he could get a donut. (this is one of my favorite teachers)

Mr. M affixed his eyes in an intense stare at the student, and said in a serious and dark tone, “On one condition. You may have the donut if I throw it as hard as I can at you.” The student, stood there for an awkward moment, before procuring an awkward smile and forcing out, “U-hm, sure.” Mr. M picked up the donut, wound up, and yeeted the donut at the student as hard as he possibly could.

FWAPP 

The donut hit the student’s shirt, the quiet yet thunderous sound resounding through the classroom. The student looked at the donut for the second it was stuck to his shirt due to the velocity (though it was starting to peel off), and then looked up at Mr. M.

FASHUMP

The donut fell from the student’s shirt onto the floor, leaving a circle of glaze on the fabric. Somebody in the back coughed; everyone’s attention was on this student, Mr. M, and the donut. The student nervously picked up the donut and returned to his seat. For the rest of class, the student nibbled the donut down to the ring of the donut that had touched the ground, what was more like a thin disk

Why don't I have any teachers like this?