You Won't Believe What Just Happened!

Scarletfox

I often find myself with a story or anecdote that I want need to tell someone, but no one will take the time to listen. So I end up posting it randomly on whatever thread I happen to be on at the time. I finally decided that a thread dedicated to this kind of story-telling is long overdue. 

If something happy, sad, funny, serious, or whatever happens to you, and you want to tell someone, this is the place to do it! Just make sure that whatever it is is appropriate and inside the Shard guidlines.

I will start off with something that happened to me this morning:

My life has been rather crazy for the last few months, at least comparatively. I have finally been getting into the groove of spontaneousness the last few weeks, so when the workers came in to tear down our kitchen, I wasn't surprised. When a mountain lion wandered into our town and ate half our chickens, I wasn't surprised. And this morning, when, well, I won't spoil it for you, but when it happened, I wasn't surprised. I accidentally slept past my alarm this morning, so was very frustrated with myself. I leaned over and grabbed my brush off my bed-table, and began brushing my hair vigorously and angrily as I walked to the kitchen. The way my house is laid out, is that my room is at the end of hall, through the hall door is the living room, then the dining room, then the kitchen. So I opened the hall-door to the living room, and I noticed three things. The first thing was my mom screeching "THERE IT GOES!!!" and pointing at something gray streaking toward me. The second thing I noticed is that all of the furniture in the living room was upturned and moved. The third thing I noticed was that that gray thing streaking toward me was a Texas rat. It was about the size of a disposable water-bottle, so not the biggest I've seen. I took a step the left, allowing it to scurry through the hall and into my room. I never stopped brushing my hair, made my way around the living room maze, and got myself some rice crispies. As I took a bite, I saw my mother enter the kitchen. "So," I said before pausing to take another bite, "rats?"

Edited by Scarletfox

Wow.

So, I havent used my red pen in a while, but I had to use it today in English. I pulled the lid off and it had been leaking, and the ink got all over my hands. It looked like I had blood all over because it was like the perfect color for blood, and my teacher was like, "Do you need to go to the nurse?" She looked super worried and I showed her the pen, and it was so awkward

Oh, story time thread? Okay!

Today in my history class I had my glasses on cause I sit in the back at some point I hooked my pen on the side of my glasses. Well I forgot that the pen was there like five seconds later (because I have the attention span of a fish) and so I just had a pen hanging on my glasses all of class. When I took them off at the end of class... There was my pen! The sad thing is I was looking for my pen for like half the class and I couldn't find it. When it fell off at the end of class I just looked at my friend and said "was that there the whole time?" And she just kinda slow nodded. 

And this has been, pointless stories with Hentient

2 hours ago, Hentient said:

Oh, story time thread? Okay!

Today in my history class I had my glasses on cause I sit in the back at some point I hooked my pen on the side of my glasses. Well I forgot that the pen was there like five seconds later (because I have the attention span of a fish) and so I just had a pen hanging on my glasses all of class. When I took them off at the end of class... There was my pen! The sad thing is I was looking for my pen for like half the class and I couldn't find it. When it fell off at the end of class I just looked at my friend and said "was that there the whole time?" And she just kinda slow nodded. 

And this has been, pointless stories with Hentient

This has happened so many times! I keep putting my pens into my shirt pocket and then forgetting about it.

Alright. . . So today during school I was looking forward to gym because I canNOT sit still for even a minute if I’m not reading or watching something. So, finally, when gym came around, I walked up to the field. We have two gym teachers and our old one retired last year so we have a new one. Since our classes are always with the same little pod, we got assigned to one of the teachers, the new teacher. 

Spoiler

I was going somewhere with this story. . . Oh!

Little did I know, because we can’t go inside for gym and we have two teachers, one would teach gym and the other wellness. So we got there and were assigned the new teacher, and we sat down and started talking about community. I was like wait. . . What? The other class is playing sharks and minnows. What are we doing? Thirty minutes of listening to the teacher ramble later, we finally got to play a game. Yay! Until I learned it was rock-paper-scissors. Yeah, that’s right. Rock Paper Scissors during gym. It was the worst class ever. That teacher sucks. Ugh! And I have her for the rest of the year. 

Ooh, there's a story that I shamelessly like to tell at every opportunity, and this seems like a good one. 

So, when I was about 10-years-old I was playing on my bike and saw a truck going really slow in reverse toward the corner. I was like "Can I get to that corner before the truck? It's going like a turtle." So there I go. 

It was a draw. 

So I was ran over by the truck, bike and all, and I was really scared, the usual. Surprising as it may seem, it was nothing too serious. I had scrapes all over and a weird lesion on my hips that gave me trouble walking for a couple weeks, but not much else. Except for my shoulder. 

My left shoulder hurt so they took me an X Ray to be sure. Turns out the accident reactivated a fracture, so to speak. My shoulder wasn't broken, but I had to keep it resting (you know, with those thing that keep your arm like, hanging in front of you. Gah, forgot the word) while it healed. 

Thing is, as far as I knew, I had never broken my shoulder. 

According to the doctor, that was the sole reason it was wounded in the first place, because of an old fracture that had just finished healing when the accident happened, but I didn't remember my shoulder ever hurting nor did my parents remember seeing me acting strange. 

And that's the story of how I discovered I broke my shoulder without noticing, have a nice day. 

Edited by Eluvianii

Ooh this thread is fun. More random anecdotes please. 
Here’s some of mine that randomly popped into my head while reading y’all’s. I’m lazy so these will be brief, but you can ask for more context if you want. 

1. In 4th grade a Preying Mantis fell on my face.
2. Last month my toe got ran over my a truck. It’s completely fine. 
3. A few years ago I went on a one-day camping trip with a really really bad fever. We had to hike a few miles down to our camp, and then we were gonna hike some more down to a river. I was literally delirious and don’t remember most of it, but apparently I tried to climb a cliff to get back to our camp, and almost fell into this rocky whirlpool in the river. (It’s what the river was famous for, and the reason we went there. It’s called the Toilet, and it’s exactly what it sounds like.)
4. A few months ago I woke up to find a giant cockroach on my headboard. Basically had a panic attack. 
5. One camping trip, we woke up to find literal thousands of bees everywhere. Once we left, we had to drive for miles with all the doors and windows open to blow all the bees out. I don’t think anyone was stung. 
6. I think I broke or fractured or something’ed my ankle at a trampoline park once. We never went to a doctor, but I couldn’t walk for about a week. I think it healed wrong, and to this day I can’t bend it certain ways. It’s basically impossible for me to sit on the ground. 
7. I ran into someone that lives around the corner from me at Disneyland. Like literally, what are the odds?!? I think it’s one of the most coincidental things to ever happen to me. 

Edited by Danex

In volleyball last week, our head coach was gone, and we just had our assistant coach, and so she had us practicing serving. I am the worst server in the history in volleyball, everyone knows this, so I don't even know why she even has me practicing with everyone else. Anyway, I think I pulled a shoulder muscle, but I'm used to tuning out pain and the likes. The problem with tuning out pain, is that you have a lot less control over the muscles you're tuning out. So, I was hitting the balls all over the court. Of course, the assistant coach has a large cup of coffee. And she's walking up and down on the inside of the net commenting on people's serves. You would think that during a serve, being under the net would be a pretty safe place to be. Right? NOT! My next ball went flying literally straight into her coffee and spraying it all over the gym. My coach gave me this super intense look that spoke, you storming piece of trash how dare you touch MY coffee? YOU WILL DIE!!!!!!!! Curse, you and your family for all of time! And I was just shriveling up against the wall. Just like that, the look was gone, then she smiled an evil smile, and was like, "Well, (the head coach's name) isn't here today..."

Spoiler

I bet you can guess what happened next...

We were playing soccer last week, and I was the only girl in my class on a team with a whole bunch of jocks, and of course I had to forget a hair tie, and the boys kept passing the ball to me because "teamwork" and "she's a girl and a new kid and we've gotta accept her so include her extra" and I was like, stop passing me the ball, because I keep kicking it the exact wrong place, and the more I messed up the more they passed it to me and I was dying and I wanted to yell at them and we ended up losing the game and they're all super competitive and ....

You've been listening to, "Vapor rambles on about annoying stuff in her life!" Feel free to completely ignore this every time she posts!

Edited by Vapor

12 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

In volleyball last week, our head coach was gone, and we just had our assistant coach, and so she had us practicing serving. I am the worst server in the history in volleyball, everyone knows this, so I don't even know why she even has me practicing with everyone else. Anyway, I think I pulled a shoulder muscle, but I'm used to tuning out pain and the likes. The problem with tuning out pain, is that you have a lot less control over the muscles you're tuning out. So, I was hitting the balls all over the court. Of course, the assistant coach has a large cup of coffee. And she's walking up and down on the inside of the net commenting on people's serves. You would think that during a serve, being under the net would be a pretty safe place to be. Right? NOT! My next ball went flying literally straight into her coffee and spraying it all over the gym. My coach gave me this super intense look that spoke, you storming piece of trash how dare you touch MY coffee? YOU WILL DIE!!!!!!!! Curse, you and your family for all of time! And I was just shriveling up against the wall. Just like that, the look was gone, then she smiled an evil smile, and was like, "Well, (the head coach's name) isn't here today..."

Reveal hidden contents

I bet you can guess what happened next...

Well, I'm sure my guess is worse than the reality. Will you tell me, please?

2 minutes ago, Vapor said:

We were playing soccer last week, and I was the only girl in my class on a team with a whole bunch of jocks, and of course I had to forget a hair tie, and the boys kept passing the ball to me because "teamwork" and "she's a girl and a new kid and we've gotta accept her so include her extra" and I was like, stop passing me the ball, because I keep kicking it the exact wrong place, and the more I messed up the more they passed it to me and I was dying and I wanted to yell at them and we ended up losing the game and they're all super competetive and ....

You've been listening to, "Vapor rambles on about annoying stuff in her life!" Feel free to completely ignore this every time she posts!

*competitive

Plus, that entire 'paragraph' was one sentence. What the crap, Vapor?

In the early days of quarantine, our school decided to finish the year over Zoom. I was signed up for a math class that I had failed the year before so I could retake it, but somebody decided to put me in a different one. That was all well and good, except I had the single worst math teacher on the face of the planet. The entire term, the only way we're supposed to learn anything is to either watch a video and fill out a google document word for word, or pull up a google document and write it down word for word. There was a quiz at some point that practically everybody failed, but that was okay, because the school didn't want us doing final tests anyways; the chances of somebody cheating were too high. Therefore, our entire grade consisted of a final project, which in math class's case was a presentation about some data points we'd found on the internet. I finished this relatively early on, and emailed it to this teacher a week early asking her to look over it.

I never get a reply.

A couple days before the project is due, I send it to her again and suggest that the email might not've sent the last time. She replies within minutes, then says she'll look over it. Then, literally one day before the project is due, she returns it with the note "yeah, this sucks, completely redo it and you'll be fine."

Okay, it didn't actually say that, but it was pretty close.

I spend that night fixing everything at a rapid pace, and turn it in the next day. She then returns it again and tells me to redo everything! I turn it in late, but she doesn't take points off because she was feeling like being slightly more righteous than the Lord Ruler of the Basement El Diablo that day. I apologize for turning it in late, and she replies with this:

"That's okay. This is what happens when you put things off until the last minute :D."

She said that...

After I turned the project in...

A week early.

I hate this teacher, in case you can't tell.

1 hour ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

In the early days of quarantine, our school decided to finish the year over Zoom. I was signed up for a math class that I had failed the year before so I could retake it, but somebody decided to put me in a different one. That was all well and good, except I had the single worst math teacher on the face of the planet. The entire term, the only way we're supposed to learn anything is to either watch a video and fill out a google document word for word, or pull up a google document and write it down word for word. There was a quiz at some point that practically everybody failed, but that was okay, because the school didn't want us doing final tests anyways; the chances of somebody cheating were too high. Therefore, our entire grade consisted of a final project, which in math class's case was a presentation about some data points we'd found on the internet. I finished this relatively early on, and emailed it to this teacher a week early asking her to look over it.

I never get a reply.

A couple days before the project is due, I send it to her again and suggest that the email might not've sent the last time. She replies within minutes, then says she'll look over it. Then, literally one day before the project is due, she returns it with the note "yeah, this sucks, completely redo it and you'll be fine."

Okay, it didn't actually say that, but it was pretty close.

I spend that night fixing everything at a rapid pace, and turn it in the next day. She then returns it again and tells me to redo everything! I turn it in late, but she doesn't take points off because she was feeling like being slightly more righteous than the Lord Ruler of the Basement El Diablo that day. I apologize for turning it in late, and she replies with this:

"That's okay. This is what happens when you put things off until the last minute :D."

She said that...

After I turned the project in...

A week early.

I hate this teacher, in case you can't tell.

I feel like math teachers are either the worst or the best, there's no in-between. Last year, I didn't think my math teacher was even human, but the year before that and this year, my math teachers are/were some of my favorite teachers.

I'm new at my school and somehow I have a group of friends to sit with already, even though only like 4 of them refer to me as a friend. Today, all of them were absent and everyone else was saying "Go away" without actually saying it and I was feeling self conscious and left out, and so I left without saying anything, and I had nowhere to sit, and so I went and hid in the corner and one of the teachers came up to me and said, "Why aren't you sitting with your friends?" and I didn't want to say anything so I was like, "I'm waiting for them" and I just felt socially awful. *sigh*

Luckily, another girl invited me over and introduced me to her friends, (one of them's a Sanderfan) so I wasn't alone the entire time.

Today three things happened in seminary.

1. We were talking about names and one of my classmate's first name and last name mean hill, so the teacher said, "Maybe we should call you Hill squared!" but then he thought more and said, "If you add 2 hills together, do you get a mountain?" and I said, "Not if you're in Kansas!" then someone else said "That's because they don't have 2 hills!" and everyone laughed. If you couldn't tell, in my seminary class, we all love our mountains and don't think anything compares to them.
  2. This was still while we were talking about names. The teacher wanted us to say what we would name our son if we had a son, and what we would name our daughter if we had a daughter. I've thought about this, and I'm pretty sure I know what I would name all of my eight kids, so when it was my turn, I said, "Well, I don't know that I have a favorite of any of these names, but I have both a boy and girl name for each of my eight planned kids. The boy names aren't the best, but I really like the girl names." So the teacher asked me two that I like, and I told him Aria and Timbre(did I mention that they're all musical terms?), but he was curious and asked me to say all of my names. I listed them in front of the entire class, I was so embarrassed! Anyway, after I finished there was stunned silence, and then the teacher(who's like 50 or 60) said, "I've NEVER had that happen in any class I've ever taught or taken. WOW! That's impressive, [censored]!" Then we got on with the rest of class.
  3. Before class, Hill squared(I'll just call her that for now) asked me about the impressive number of books that I was carrying around. This was 5th period(we have 8 periods, each 45 minutes, and lunch comes between 4th and 5th period), I had been carrying 5 books, and I had already finished 4 of them since that morning. She asked me why I carry around so many books, then I told her that usually I carry more, because I read really fast and needed to carry around so many books. She asked me if I thought I was going to finish those all today, and I told her that I had already finished 4 of the 5 good-sized books on my desk, and I was going to be bored by the end of the day. She looked at me, dumbfounded, and asked "Wait, you started those in 1st period, and now you're done with 4 of them? Like are you reading them all at the same time?" I said no, cue confused questions from everyone else in the class. I blushed, and mumbled "I just have a really high reading speed." They asked me what it was, and I told them(embarrassed, and vowing to carry all of my books in my already-full backpack), "It's over 2000 words per minute." Cue amazed noises and more confused questions until they all understood and were suitably wowed. I don't usually like to brag, which is why I was so shy then.

Yeah, my seminary class was pretty spot-lighted on me today, and I don't know how to feel about it.

Also, from now on, everyone in my seminary class will not look at me the same. It's weird and I miss when they thought I was just an 'average' Jane.

Pardon my run-on sentences, I'm too tired to fix them

Edited by Condensation

25 minutes ago, Condensation said:

Today three things happened in seminary.

1. We were talking about names and one of my classmate's first name and last name mean hill, so the teacher said, "Maybe we should call you Hill squared!" but then he thought more and said, "If you add 2 hills together, do you get a mountain?" and I said, "Not if you're in Kansas!" then someone else said "That's because they don't have 2 hills!" and everyone laughed. If you couldn't tell, in my seminary class, we all love our mountains and don't think anything compares to them.
  2. This was still while we were talking about names. The teacher wanted us to say what we would name our son if we had a son, and what we would name our daughter if we had a daughter. I've thought about this, and I'm pretty sure I know what I would name all of my eight kids, so when it was my turn, I said, "Well, I don't know that I have a favorite of any of these names, but I have both a boy and girl name for each of my eight planned kids. The boy names aren't the best, but I really like the girl names." So the teacher asked me two that I like, and I told him Aria and Timbre(did I mention that they're all musical terms?), but he was curious and asked me to say all of my names. I listed them in front of the entire class, I was so embarrassed! Anyway, after I finished there was stunned silence, and then the teacher(who's like 50 or 60) said, "I've NEVER had that happen in any class I've ever taught or taken. WOW! That's impressive, [censored]!" Then we got on with the rest of class.
  3. Before class, Hill squared(I'll just call her that for now) asked me about the impressive number of books that I was carrying around. This was 5th period(we have 8 periods, each 45 minutes, and lunch comes between 4th and 5th period), I had been carrying 5 books, and I had already finished 4 of them since that morning. She asked me why I carry around so many books, then I told her that usually I carry more, because I read really fast and needed to carry around so many books. She asked me if I thought I was going to finish those all today, and I told her that I had already finished 4 of the 5 good-sized books on my desk, and I was going to be bored by the end of the day. She looked at me, dumbfounded, and asked "Wait, you started those in 1st period, and now you're done with 4 of them? Like are you reading them all at the same time?" I said no, cue confused questions from everyone else in the class. I blushed, and mumbled "I just have a really high reading speed." They asked me what it was, and I told them(embarrassed, and vowing to carry all of my books in my already-full backpack), "It's over 2000 words per minute." Cue amazed noises and more confused questions until they all understood and were suitably wowed. I don't usually like to brag, which is why I was so shy then.

Yeah, my seminary class was pretty spot-lighted on me today, and I don't know how to feel about it.

Also, from now on, everyone in my seminary class will not look at me the same. It's weird and I miss when they thought I was just an 'average' Jane.

Pardon my run-on sentences, I'm too tired to fix them

I have a bunch of name ideas, too! 7 kids for me, but close enough! More evidence that we're the same person.

My girl name ideas are a lot better, too.

For a long time, I wanted to pick names like Faith, Hope, Charity, Grace, Felicity, etc. Now, my two favorites are Charity and Bethany, though I also still really like Grace.

Boy names? I really like the names Nathan and Ethan, which are wayyyy too similar, so I can only pick one, but I also like the name Preston.

Ok, I had no idea this was a thing.

One time in sixth grade at recess (Yes fish have schools too, obviously)

I smuggled out two crayola markers. One red, and one purple, turns out when you mix them together they make a very convincing wound. Then with the help of a friend I covered the area from my eye to my nose in a fake wound. My teacher kinda freaked out, I wonder why?

On 9/20/2020 at 11:24 PM, Condensation said:

Well, I'm sure my guess is worse than the reality. Will you tell me, please?

On 9/20/2020 at 11:19 PM, Vapor said:

Yeah, she just had me do ridiculous conditioning the entire rest of the practice, and an extra fifteen minutes.