Dune

16 minutes ago, MasterGhandalf said:

So, since this is now out in the US, anyone seen it? I caught it this afternoon; definitely a slow burn, but I thought it extremely epic and well-done and am hopeful we get Part II.

I get to see it tomorrow!  Some friends and I are going to see it, with varying levels of beforehand knowledge.

I watched it tonight, and I have never read any of the books beforehand (only knew there were sand worms). But even with no knowledge of the series I thought it was an awesome film. I can’t speak for book accuracy but the movie had a lot of world-building/lore going on and seemed like it was handling a large plot well. 

It interested me enough that I may give the books a read in time. Not sure if I want to spoil the series before sequels come out or not though lol 

Really liked this adaptation and thought they did about as good of a job as you can adapting the book (which happens to be one of my favorites) without the ability of introspective thought. The scale and world building was very well done. Loved seeing the ships and the sandworms. The only thing I thought that could have used a little explanation for people that have not read the books was the Mentats but you would probably glance over that if you did not know any better. I thought it was cast really well too. I do feel this was made for fans of the book and hope people that have not read it can still enjoy it. Looking forward to the second part.