Kaladin vs. Dalinar?

Person

So, I have been wondering about something for a long time. Who would win, Kaladin vs. Dalinar?

Kaladin is a Third Oath Windrunner. He has Lashings, shard/Sylweapons, and just plain awesomeness.

Dalinar, let's say that he is in the prime of his youth, like when he was conquering Alethkar with Oathbringer and his Shardplate. He does not have Stormlight, as the Stormfather would not let Dalinar use Oathbringer or any other shardweapon while bonded.

Who would win?

Edited by Person
Edit: Kaladin cannot use Lashings, or else he would just Lash himself into the sky and Dalinar could do nothing.

Depends.  Older Dalinar still made a pretty decent showing of himself without his plate against the assassin in white.  It depends on the battlefield as well as how practiced Kaladin is at the time and how much experience Dalinar has fighting surgebinders.

Edited by Karger

On 9/9/2020 at 0:13 PM, Person said:

If he was in the prime of his youth, then yes, he would have Nerdgaoul giving him the Thrill. I am sorry, I should have specified that.

Thanks for clarification.

I still don't think it changes anything Kaladin held his own against 3 people of my reputation, and a standard shard bearer., before he got a shard of his own.

And that was on top of holding himself back.

Edited by Frustration

37 minutes ago, Frustration said:

Thanks for clarification.

I still don't think it changes anything Kaladin held his own against 4 people of my reputation, before he got a shard of his own.

And that was on top of holding himself back.

That's not exactly accurate. They were mostly focused on Adolin and Kaladin was acting support 

It depends.  If we're talking about a fight to the death before the last third of Book 5, then Kaladin wins every time; he is absolutely set up as the main protagonist (even in a series with multiple protagonists he has equal or greater screen-time, and significantly more on-screen battle time, and significantly more climactic scenes) and isn't going to die early.

In a duel?  Blackthorn vs. Kaladin would definitely be very interesting, but Stormlight wins against no Stormlight.  Dalinar the Bondsmith vs. Kaladin of the Third Ideal?  Again, Stormlight wins, but I don't know that we have seen enough about the Bondsmith yet to know if Dalinar would have the edge here or not (if Kaladin could use the Singularity of near infinite Stormlight, then Kaladin wins again).  If Dalinar is able to use Light more efficiently than Kaladin, then it comes down to surviving and wearing the Windrunner down which would be difficult, but in keeping with who Dalinar is now.

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2020 at 0:24 PM, Person said:

So, I have been wondering about something for a long time. Who would win, Kaladin vs. Dalinar?

Kaladin is a Third Oath Windrunner. He has Lashings, shard/Sylweapons, and just plain awesomeness.

Dalinar, let's say that he is in the prime of his youth, like when he was conquering Alethkar with Oathbringer and his Shardplate. He does not have Stormlight, as the Stormfather would not let Dalinar use Oathbringer or any other shardweapon while bonded.

Who would win?

No contest, at all. Both are very good fighters, and Kaladin doesn't have Shardplate, but Dalinar, even with the thrill and his shards, loses. 

Here's how the fight goes: Kaladin lashes himself into the air so that Dalinar has to defend up, an awkward angle for any warrior. Meanwhile Kaladin will be fighting downward, and has complete control over his momentum(storming Windrunners). Syl forms as a Shardlance. Kaladin pokes Dalinar a bunch. If Dalinar jumps, Syl becomes a warhammer and smashes him down. Additionally, can't Kaladin throw Syl and then call her back to his hand?

If that's not enough, remember that even if Kaladin gets hit, he can heal, as he did in the fight with Szeth. 

I think Kaladin could win without even hitting Dalinar: all he does is Lash some rocks really hard at the man. Doesn't matter if he cuts them to bits if they all hit with the force of 10 atmospheres.