Salutations

Hilfandor

Hello all,

Been a fan of Brandon's for several years now, and finally decided to join the community here. I've been a long-time lurker on multiple subreddits. Read almost all of the Cosmere works (behind on White Sands), and love the theories and growing understanding of the universe Brandon created.

Studied print media in a previous life, and I work as a lab tech now.  Long time RPG player and GM, and have been working on a DnD Surgebinder class. Looking forward to chatting with ya

35 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Which two shards would you want to merge into a new shard, and who would you want to be the vessel?

That is a tough one.  Endowment mixed with Autonomy would be fascinating. Carried by Jasnah, the Shard of Awareness would become the source of Free will. Endowment is about gifting ability to others, and Autonomy wants to remain unique, the two combine would make to instill personal freedoms free from the influence of others. 

Like how Harmony could potentially become Discord if the opposing shards in Sazed are not directed properly, Awareness could become Anarchy if not constrained by Jasnah's internal need for stability.

1 hour ago, Hentient said:

Hello! We’re glad you’re here! Which cosmere books have you read? 

Read almost all of the Cosmere books at least once.  Didn't quite absorb all of the Arcanum Unbound info, and I've only read the first White Sands comic. Read SA 1-3, Mistborn eras 1 and 2, Elantris, and Warbreaker two or three times each. Read all of the novellas at least once as well.  (Don't remember Shadows of Silence very well)

I've also read Reckoners, Rithmatist, Skyward series, Legion, and Perfect State.

8 minutes ago, Karger said:

Cool!  What is your role in it?

Explorer diplomat tinkerer.  I'd want to do a combination of exploring unknown worlds, meeting new people on different planets and working with/learning from them. Or, battle through crazy monsters on other planets with crazy steam tech.

As a pastime, play with the machines of the worlds similar to Navani and the artifabrians. I would know/understand it to an extent, but I'd be a layman creator instead of a true engineer.

3 hours ago, Hilfandor said:

Long time RPG player and GM, and have been working on a DnD Surgebinder class. Looking forward to chatting with ya

Someone made this on the shard awhile ago. I don't know where the actual thread is but I do have a link to the google doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DCUT3ozq7kIJdfvZtvPn64MnVy0ABoTRsOaPGp7FO_Y/edit

2 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

Someone made this on the shard awhile ago. I don't know where the actual thread is but I do have a link to the google doc.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DCUT3ozq7kIJdfvZtvPn64MnVy0ABoTRsOaPGp7FO_Y/edit

Im working on something similar, more in line with a monk/paladin hybrid, and the surges are unique class features instead, since some orders use their surges differently.

Glad you decided to come join us! Happy to have you here! Welcome to the dark (or just fantastically amazing :D) side!

On 9/9/2020 at 0:56 PM, Shard of Reading said:

Thread linked here in case some of the discussion on it was of interest!