Valigus

So I was thinking about it and I think I figured exactly how honor beat odium. 
But first my evidence;

point 1: we see I Other series shards Have trouble interacting with those under the influence of another shard, granted these two shards were exact opposite but I think it likely this is true no matter what but the degree to which the shards oppose each other determines how much influence they can get in.

point 2: 

Spoiler

In oathbringer Odium claims that he will abide by oaths he makes in spirit not just in letter. Similar to honorspren 

so basically honor put part of his shard into odium at least enough to pass along some of his intent. That is why odium is Abe to be trapped there because of paths made by him potentially and why he has to follow the rules of a contest of champions if agreed to. Essentially he corrupted odium.

Edited by Valigus

1 hour ago, Valigus said:

So I was thinking about it and I think I figured exactly how honor beat odium. 
But first my evidence;

point 1: we see I Other series shards Have trouble interacting with those under the influence of another shard, granted these two shards were exact opposite but I think it likely this is true no matter what but the degree to which the shards oppose each other determines how much influence they can get in.

point 2: 

Reveal hidden contents

In oathbringer Odium claims that he will abide by oaths he makes in spirit not just in letter. Similar to honorspren 

so basically honor put part of his shard into odium at least enough to pass along some of his intent. That is why odium is Abe to be trapped there because of paths made by him potentially and why he has to follow the rules of a contest of champions if agreed to. Essentially he corrupted odium.

All shards have to abide by oath they make, it's part of being a shard of Adonalsium.

Intent and perception let's them bend them, but not break.

I don’t see why being a shard requires them to obey oaths, only honors intent seems to have anything to do with oaths and I haven’t seen oaths play a role in shard interactions in the other books.

Honor is bound by oaths because that's his intent. Honor in keeping his oaths, that's what drives the Shard. This same thing is shown in Preservation, who is unable to destroy or create- only preserve- and in Ruin and Odium, well, pretty clearly. Frustration used the word 'oaths' to mean the same thing as 'bound by their intent'- it's like they are forced to keep their 'oath' in that they'll follow their intent. Odium can't really be corrupted by Honor; he'd still be driven by Odium.

I don’t see why being a shard requires them to obey oaths, only honors intent seems to have anything to do with oaths and I haven’t seen oaths play a role in shard interactions in the other books.

We saw an Oath in the Mistborn Series

Preservation and Ruins deal to create Scadrial and eventually let Ruin Destroy it, was an Oath made between the two Shards

Here's what Storm father says about Odium and Oaths

"He is far greater than I, but the power of ancient Adonalsium permeates him. And controls him. Odium is a force like pressure, gravitation, or the movement of time. These things cannot break their own rules. Nor can he."

-Stormfather 

Shadow Guardian

You have mentioned that the Shards... they did not make an oath to have only one per planet, although the suggestion was made. Have any of the Shards made an oath that has bound themselves, expecting the others to follow suit?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. Oaths have been made, that have been unwise oaths. You have even seen one of those - the oath between Ruin and Preservation. But that's not the only example of oaths being used in ways that bind the Shards in ways they weren't expecting.

Starsight Release Party (Nov. 26, 2019) Edited by Eternal Khol