Anyone else get a gay vibe between Clubs and Breeze?

Diarmadhi

Okay I could potentially understand Ham and Breeze (never mind that Ham is married and everything), but Clubs and Breeze never gave off that feeling to me. There was a bit of mutual appreciation, but it didn't seem to be romantic appreciation, just a thing of "this person can't be Soothed so I don't have to actively try not to Soothe him to keep him comfortable" from Breeze and from Clubs it was more of "this guy has good wine taste." At least to me. Vibes are...subjective at best.

Breeze kinda has the stereotypical flamboyant gay vibes going on. Not necessarily with clubs, but it’s a possibility. I don’t think either are really gay, but breeze could be flirtatious with some men. I could see some of his interactions with kell falling into that category.

On 9/8/2020 at 4:56 PM, StanLemon said:

Nah, I just think they were close friends (even if they wouldn't admit it). Personally, I think people see homosexual undertones when they don't exist. I say this as someone who would very much love to have more gay characters in literature. 

Lol. I actually did a bait and switch deliberately in two different AC fanfics.

One is a series of letters between Connor and Shay. During the letters Hamilton comes up, and it’s intentionally implied that they are more then friends. A much later letter reveals that Shay has semi-raised Hamilton and considers him a son. Rebecca, who was reading the letters, admits that she was way off on the relationship.

The other, also involving Connor and Shay, has the two forming a kind of father-son type relationship for a bit. There are points where I intentionally do things that could be read as a ship tease... but definitely aren’t. That’s more aimed at stories that do ship them, because many fanfic writers would.

So many people create subtext where it doesn’t exist that I decided to just go ahead with the subtext so I could subvert expectations.

• 2 years later...

I assure you my dear man, I never had that... particular gravitation towards Clubs, or anyone rather. I would also like to address the rumors about me secretly being a good person. I am telling you now that I certainly am not. All I wanted from my meetings with Clubs was an opportunity to try to get him to do what I wanted, without me using allomancy. He was already the hardest to manipulate in the crew, and I took it as a challenge of sorts. Again, my dear man, I assure you I am not a good person. I am exactly as greedy and selfish as i seem. 

• 5 weeks later...